Pages:
Author

Topic: [CampBX.com] Need Help to Get My $2364 back from CampBX.com - page 3. (Read 6338 times)

Activity: 299
Merit: 250
Xiong,
      We use a professional service to perform KYC / Compliance check and customer ID verification.  This service provider is used by many banks and large corporations as well, and they have deemed the documents you submitted as forgeries.  I have seen the analysis, but not going to share details here because it can be misused as a tutorial on how to make better fake IDs.

Everyone else reading this thread, here is some context that may be helpful:
1) MtGox had a bug last year in their multi-currency code, and Bitcoins showed up as $1 million per coin for a brief period of time.  XZ exploited this bug and managed to sell 0.008 Bitcoin for $11,000.
The drama is on this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=33197.0;all
2) The proceeds of the sale were withdrawn to XZ's Dwolla, even though Dwolla's TOS does not permit non-USA accounts.
3) XZ created multiple accounts on CampBX and funneled money in to those accounts.  This is against our TOS.

When the situation came to light, Mark Karpeles brought the hammer down hard and XZ's withdrawals from MtGox were recalled.  MtGox reported the issue to Dwolla, and Dwolla shutdown XZ's account.  Both companies stopped replying to XZ's messages completely.  CampBX also shutdown XZ's accounts, but we understand that perhaps he got a little too excited about the Million-dollar Bitcoins and made a bad judgement call.  So we gave him benefit of the doubt and helped him track and recover the money.

Now when we requested verification documents from XZ to transmit this money to China, he submitted ID documents bearing a completely different name.  The bank account details were also for a different person.  His communications came from multiple aliases including XZ, CM, and Pierre.  Surprised by these irregularities, we ran a check on his documents from our KYC provider and it came back as a fail.

Submitting a fake ID has pushed us on to AML minefield, and we cannot help him anymore with this issue.

Thank you,
      Keyur

PS: Edited for clarity.
Activity: 299
Merit: 250
Subscribing - will reply as soon as possible.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226
Away on an extended break
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226
Away on an extended break
I would be worried about any fake ID type stuff from China if I was CampBX!

I love CampBX ... never had an issue with them and I have moved thousands of dollars with them.

I provide my ID, my passport, the withdraw bank account all the same name, it doesn't make any sense for me to fake a Chinese ID. You can't just accuse me to fake a ID and take my money away from me. I am innocent and I need to clear myself.
Activity: 84
FPGA convert
I would be worried about any fake ID type stuff from China if I was CampBX!

I love CampBX ... never had an issue with them and I have moved thousands of dollars with them.
Because I don't have an account on this forum so I post this thread with my friend's account. I lived in China.

I am not making a drama about my case but only looking for help. Please be patient and read my story below:

In the last year, for some reason which I am not proud of, I had this amount of money be stuck on Campbx. After a long time of communication till last month, they finally believed the money belongs to me. They asked me to provide a notarized translation ID and passport document for my account verification so they could release the money to my account.
As they asked, I provided my original photo of my ID, a notarized translation of my ID and the original photo of my passport to them. After a few days they told me my account is verified and then released the $2364 to my account on Campbx.com. On March 31th, they approved my withdraw request and ready to wire transfer the money to my bank account in China. But for some issue of themselves the transfer is delayed till yesterday. Yesterday they told me they are convinced my ID is faked. I told them I have no reason to fake my ID and there must be some misunderstanding but they told me my ID is a confirmed fake and they cannot help you anymore. So here I am asking your guys for help.

This is my argument:

1. For almost eight month of communication I finally see the end of my case, I never will take the risk of using a fake ID to ruin it.

2. It doesn't make sense that I provide a faked ID and a real passport. In China everyone has a ID but not everyone has a passport.

3. They already verified my account on March 9th, but all of a sudden they told me my ID is faked just before they are going to wire transfer the money to me. This doesn't seem to be right.

I don't know if Keyur will reply my mail anymore so I post my question here which I already sent to him by email:

1. Which document you believe is faked, the original ID photo, the translated ID?
2. Do you believe my passport photo is faked?
3. In what evidence you conformed my document is faked?

I really appreciated what Campbx did to help me get back my money but this result is not acceptable to me. Anybody have any idea what I should do to prove my ID is not faked?
Pages:
Jump to: