Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Amazon Integrate Bitcoin? - page 13. (Read 3764 times)

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
November 09, 2017, 09:27:45 AM
Amazon can easily integrate or adapt bitcoin to their business because they just need to add a new mode of payment or option and that is bitcoin and after that  then they can easily accept bitcoin as a payment and one thing for sure is, it is really easy to setup a wallet for the payments that will be made in bitcoin so there will be no problem for amazon to accept bitcoin.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 109
November 09, 2017, 08:21:27 AM
Amazon is really big company, so I'm confidently sure that it can be able to adapt or implement bitcoin without any problems. This could be a way for it's competitors to do the same thing because it will increase Amazon's sales if they are the only one that offers this kind of service.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
November 09, 2017, 07:42:04 AM
It is a payment system, so of course it can. The question is do they need it? it has unstable movements  in the price all the time, so there is no point to do that in the closest time

Unstable price movements won't impact amazon at all.

Please keep in your mind that if Amazon is going to accept bitcoin, they will do it through a 3rd party channel such as bitpay, which converts the BTC to fiat at the rate of the buy point.
Which means that you pay with bitcoins, but amazon gets fiat, they are not open to any changes in the bitcoin price.

That's a possibility, but it's also possible for them to keep a certain percentage of the Bitcoins.
Overstock is doing that and keeping around 50% of all Bitcoin payments they receive, perhaps there are other companies that are doing the same.

I'd really like to see some statistics on Bitcoin payments from other companies, if usage is too low then I don't see Amazon accepting Bitcoin in the near future.

Yes this can be bad example if most of the companies dont have that much buy/sell with bitcoin, like you mentioned. And if amazon is looking that way then i dont think that this or the next year will be good for them to accept bitcoin as payment. More likely it will 2019 or 2020 and besides them think that eBay will follow to.
Activity: 200
Merit: 10
November 08, 2017, 05:24:57 PM
Expedia has been already accepted Bitcoin so why not Amazon !
Activity: 70
November 08, 2017, 05:21:48 PM
Yes,why not !
Such adoption will be a landmark for bitcoin !
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
November 08, 2017, 08:04:52 AM
It is a payment system, so of course it can. The question is do they need it? it has unstable movements  in the price all the time, so there is no point to do that in the closest time

Please keep in your mind that if Amazon is going to accept bitcoin, they will do it through a 3rd party channel such as bitpay, which converts the BTC to fiat at the rate of the buy point.
Which means that you pay with bitcoins, but amazon gets fiat, they are not open to any changes in the bitcoin price.

That's a possibility, but it's also possible for them to keep a certain percentage of the Bitcoins.
Overstock is doing that and keeping around 50% of all Bitcoin payments they receive, perhaps there are other companies that are doing the same.

I'd really like to see some statistics on Bitcoin payments from other companies, if usage is too low then I don't see Amazon accepting Bitcoin in the near future.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
November 08, 2017, 07:08:48 AM
I think integrating bitcoin to amazon can happen anytime soon. Surely amazon look into bitcoin as a good market for their business with this technology more people will love buying onlines the market of amazon will increase and they will also benefited with the fluctuations with results to appreciation of bitcoin they don't just earn from selling they will also have the opportunity in earnings thru holding of bitcoins they will receive.
For sure the Amazon is being use for the betterment of the bitcoin and this is the reason why all the people hold the bitcoin and in the future all the people will get in the bitcoin and you will see how fast the bitcoin is getting I n the case of the Amazon I hope for the best and I will see the bitcoin is growing more and I hope the value and the value of the bitcoin will grow more and more I will increase this is the best time for the bitcoin I hope this will increase the value of the bitcoin with of the bitcoin.

Well I see it to be a better effect of bitcoin when integrated to amazon, hopefully it's happening in sooner time. Yeah that's a good market for business and I am sure that it will make the demand of bitcoin to rise even more. Fluctuations will always be there and we shouldn't be worried because it already existed since the beginning of bitcoin's journey towards trading and investments. I'd love to hear more progress with amazon's adoption on digital currency and that's a certain visions that will make progressive outcomes of bitcoin as more years to come will be more valuable always.
Activity: 728
Merit: 502
November 08, 2017, 07:01:57 AM
I think integrating bitcoin to amazon can happen anytime soon. Surely amazon look into bitcoin as a good market for their business with this technology more people will love buying onlines the market of amazon will increase and they will also benefited with the fluctuations with results to appreciation of bitcoin they don't just earn from selling they will also have the opportunity in earnings thru holding of bitcoins they will receive.
For sure the Amazon is being use for the betterment of the bitcoin and this is the reason why all the people hold the bitcoin and in the future all the people will get in the bitcoin and you will see how fast the bitcoin is getting I n the case of the Amazon I hope for the best and I will see the bitcoin is growing more and I hope the value and the value of the bitcoin will grow more and more I will increase this is the best time for the bitcoin I hope this will increase the value of the bitcoin with of the bitcoin.
Activity: 476
Merit: 259
November 08, 2017, 03:38:34 AM

Activity: 896
Merit: 514
November 08, 2017, 03:34:44 AM
Amazon can do whatever they want it is completely up to them. I would highly recommend that they do this to start stashing reserves of Bitcoin however there is a big spotlight on them so if they start doing that I'm sure the government will want to know how much they're getting in taxes because of where their headquarters are located. Maybe they'll go all virtual.
According to the recent studies Amazon has the biggest market share of up to 38% in sale sector and hence it is the biggest e-commerce Company known. they have their own complete set of rules but I think that it really is not a good option for the Bitcoin users due to heavy amount of taxes to be paid via transaction services provided by them as well as the security regarding personal information is not up to the mark.

In spite of all these realities it is quite possible that Amazon would be able to Amalgamate all the Bitcoins together  earning a lot of profit  because of its illegal nature and no involvement of government at any level  indeed.
Activity: 238
November 08, 2017, 01:41:31 AM
Activity: 496
Merit: 254
November 08, 2017, 01:17:44 AM
This news make bitcoin price increase a lot. Bitcoin will reach 10k$ soon.
Yes, that will be more than wonderful thing if you people can think of it and we will be seeing this happening all around us. Amazon is so much famous and when something less valuable attach with high fame thing, both will get the profit. So bitcoin will be getting same amazing response as this news will become true. Bitcoin will definitely moving towards more profit.
Activity: 448
Merit: 281
November 07, 2017, 07:30:51 AM

Since paypal is basically ebay owned and not accepted at amazon it does make sense they might incorporate a crypto as a way to attack paypal. Maybe they will launch amazon coin we will see.

Paypal and Ebay are two separate companies for a long time now. Amazon has never included Paypal because Amazon considers Paypal as a competitor directly and not directly. If you use Amazon you have noticed this company is not accepting any payment processor. They accept only Visa/Mastercard, gift cards, etc.
They have already Amazon Payment that they struggle to be adopted so I don't think they are ready to create their coin anytime soon.
If amazon will start its own coin that will not be so successful because people already have a emerging coin that gives a lot to the people and that’s the main reason bitcoin is accepted by the amazon and this will give amazon extension for surviving in the upcoming era and more to it this is an ease to the bitcoin use that they can shop from amazon without any worry and in future many other stores will accept btc.
Activity: 252
Merit: 31
November 06, 2017, 12:09:37 PM
I believe in the future, but now is so difficult, because of volatility! The BTC is so young, we need to learn and trust in this way of payment.
Activity: 294
November 06, 2017, 11:29:51 AM
Yes they can, They have professional software engineer's that can handle the programming stuff's and it will be depending on the ceo if they will implement a bitcoin transaction in their website.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
November 06, 2017, 11:19:22 AM
i do not think it will happen for now because of the volatility.
amazon is a giant and have a millions costumer,just imagine it if their costumer using it(Bitcoin) and the price is down.
what will happen ? mass complain will happen in the future.
at least for now they will not integrate it until it's a bit stable or until it find it place.
other than that the fees itself making it look so bad in costumer opinion and the seller themself,
they need to send a 'lot' of money in order to get one transaction,what will happen if they need to make at least 100 transaction everyday?
but for future it has a chance and has a lot of room to grow,
just keep holding it and we will be rewarded handsomely in the future.

The volatility is not an issue, people have uses services like bitpay for a very long time so I will not be surprised if amazon created their own in house solution similar to that to deal with the volatility, what has always worried amazon is the possibility of fraud that bitcoin creates since you can create a wallet with no id verification then that means that a person may claim to be anyone he wants and that is something that amazon is not going to like that much.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
November 06, 2017, 03:56:58 AM
Amazon one of the ecommerce giant would surely want to and be the first among others to adopt and integrate digital currency like bitcoin. but there are few things which as mentioned in the OP are the hurdles for the bitcoin to be integrated as the payment options

1. volatility (price of bitcoin mostly keeps fluctuating and that fluctuation is sometimes more than 1000$ at times )
2. Transaction fees( at the moment transaction fees are almost 3$-5$)
3. delay in txn confirmations.

as above mentioned things will be taken into account and untill they are in control i dont see amazon integrating bitcoin.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
https://gexcrypto.io
November 05, 2017, 10:44:02 AM
A company like Amazon whose transaction was done online will always be open for integration. I'm pretty sure that they were already starting to impose the use of digital currency in their transactions. However, though bitcoin is one of the best potential coins to be use, the would probably consider a faster response and transaction to be used.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
November 05, 2017, 10:28:48 AM
Amazon could very well integrate Bitcoin and that would be a smart thing for them to do so they could start stashing reserves of Bitcoin, but if they made a public statement then they know there would be the government somehow trying to tax their earnings or regulate what they're doing somehow especially if they have infrastructure in the US. Amazon should just buy them OTR.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
November 05, 2017, 09:52:30 AM
i do not know entirely clear what purpose that news. there is no official statement from amazon about bitcoin integration.
it maybe happen several years later. because, there are too many cases to solve, about return item, price stability, regulation and many others. if they find a way to solve the case, then it is likely to happen
yes nothing impossible, when many people was holding some btc, of course amazon will open minded to their customers to open options bitcoin as one of payment methods.
these has been happen with some company whom accepting bitcoin, such as overstock, newegg, etc.
Pages:
Jump to: