Pages:
Author

Topic: Can any cryptocurrency overhaul Bitcoin's value in future? - page 2. (Read 1689 times)

Activity: 222
Merit: 10
It is very possible for another cryptocurrency to over take bitcoin in price before 2025 and maybe those currency has not been developed yet. There is a great opportunity out there that has not be tap in on cryptocurrency. I have fore see that time is coming when bitcoin will be rejected by governments and it will remain decentralized and governments of nations will develop their own coin using blockchain technology and create a good value for it that will over take bitcoin in price and market capitalization.
So wouldn't that drive the value of Bitcoin down?
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Ether has very much potential to achieve higher overall trading volume and can definitely compete to Bitcoin.

Compete yes, surpass it? I seriously doubt it, but time will tell. Keep in mind there's so much mainstream-media coverage about Bitcoin compared to the occasional bits and pieces about alt coins. People unfamiliar with the world of crypto will always stick with the most popular coin.

Imo Ether will surpass Bitcoin by Easter. More tech is being built on it, its better tech itself and micro-transactions are possible.
Well currently, the market cap of Ethereum is half that of Bitcoin:

https://coinmarketcap.com/

It just needs bitcoin's price to drop back to say $3000 and Ether's price to move to $500 for the "flippening" to happen.

That sounds far fetched right now. But things change fast.

Not really. Ethereum already has about 100,000 more transactions every day than bitcoin does. Not to mention the mushrooming on contracts built on top of the ethereum platform. The flippening is a real possibility.
Alyssa would you bet on any other Altcoin apart from Ethereum to challenge Bitcoin in the long run?
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
It is very possible for another cryptocurrency to over take bitcoin in price before 2025 and maybe those currency has not been developed yet. There is a great opportunity out there that has not be tap in on cryptocurrency. I have fore see that time is coming when bitcoin will be rejected by governments and it will remain decentralized and governments of nations will develop their own coin using blockchain technology and create a good value for it that will over take bitcoin in price and market capitalization.
Activity: 292
Merit: 100
Miningcore
Ether has very much potential to achieve higher overall trading volume and can definitely compete to Bitcoin.

Compete yes, surpass it? I seriously doubt it, but time will tell. Keep in mind there's so much mainstream-media coverage about Bitcoin compared to the occasional bits and pieces about alt coins. People unfamiliar with the world of crypto will always stick with the most popular coin.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

It just needs bitcoin's price to drop back to say $3000 and Ether's price to move to $500 for the "flippening" to happen.

Not really. Ethereum already has about 100,000 more transactions every day than bitcoin does. Not to mention the mushrooming on contracts built on top of the ethereum platform. The flippening is a real possibility.
Activity: 402
Activity: 34

Any other Altcoin on the horizon that you think may shake up BTC?

Dogecoin looking good
Activity: 548
Merit: 251
Its not impossible, many things can happen in future. I can't even guess which coin that can be, ETH like first behind bitcoin in price and popularity, or some new altcoin? There is many other altcoins, can any of this altcoins overhaul bitcoin value is really hard to guess. Who knows answer on this question have a chance to buy now and become very rich later. It will not be easy task for that altcoin, btc already cost a lot and predictions are more then optimistic, altcoin that can overcome bitcoin will need to have better code and very active devs and community. Is there altcoin that have forum like this one where we can earn with commenting, and then spent that altcoin on many other things?

Yes it will take no less than a breakthrough to achieve that feat.

This forum is awesome. Great Marketing strategy  Grin

Indeed this furom is one of the greatest support since it can market the bitcoin silently and I really can say that other alts where earn some big sweats to defeat bitcoins for this times but if bill gates and the other richest man in the world will create there crypto currency and market it I think that one could defeat bitcoins but this one will not happen.
Its not impossible, many things can happen in future. I can't even guess which coin that can be, ETH like first behind bitcoin in price and popularity, or some new altcoin? There is many other altcoins, can any of this altcoins overhaul bitcoin value is really hard to guess. Who knows answer on this question have a chance to buy now and become very rich later. It will not be easy task for that altcoin, btc already cost a lot and predictions are more then optimistic, altcoin that can overcome bitcoin will need to have better code and very active devs and community. Is there altcoin that have forum like this one where we can earn with commenting, and then spent that altcoin on many other things?

Yes it will take no less than a breakthrough to achieve that feat.

This forum is awesome. Great Marketing strategy  Grin
Activity: 1694
Merit: 502
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
So can we spot a few altcoins which could dethrone bitcoin?

Etereum is easily one contender. Any others??
Activity: 6
Honestly no one can predict the future so who knows at the end of the day. lol
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
dApps Development Automation Platform
Having an altcoin to overcome bitcoin's Greatness, its value, and maybe its technology, is not an impossible site. It may seem as if nothing can surpass bitcoin. Bitcoin's value as of the moment is overwhelmingly high and being the first crypto currency to be established is one factor that made it valuable as it is today. However, a small possibility of an altcoin to rise and be able to surpass its market value is right around the corner. although, this will not happen overtime and a lot of effort and time and finances will have to be given for an altcoin to surpass Btc. Not an easy challenge indeed.

Any other Altcoin on the horizon that you think may shake up BTC?
Activity: 2548
Merit: 533
"CoinPoker.com"
Hey everybody. I see that this forum has a lot of people talking about the strengths about bitcoin. For eg there are posts which say value of 1BTC to reach $500K or 1BTC = Lamborghini and even one which debated whether one can forego their jobs over Bitcoin.

It makes me wonder whether there are any cryptocurrencies which will overtake bitcoin in the near future. I mean BTC got to where it is because it was first in the market. But now with increasing awareness there's equal oppportunity for other such currencies to make it as big.

My question to you all which will later be converted into a poll:

Is there any cryptocurrency which can beat Bitcoin in sheer value (in $)?

Possibilities of being replaced is always there.If you do see the altcoin market there are lots of coins which do have really the potential to overtake bitcoin just like ETH, its smart contracts can really possibly attract more companies or investors which it can really be applied on real world use. I'm not saying that this coin would really replace bitcoin but this is one of the candidates for sure.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
Certainly. I think Eth got as close as 1 billion away from overtaking Bitcoins market cap. I think it is a question of when!
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Activity: 476
Merit: 252
You can see https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/primalbase/ primalbase or often called PBT, this is a coin that as far as I know the price exceeds the bitcoin price for now
Although I know PBT is created with ICO results where prices can be pegged by the developers themselves
But for some reason bitcoin for me is number 1 and always leading edge

That's interesting. Another Bitcoin killer in the making?  Undecided

This price for PBT is that huge because price of 1 PBT in ICO was 3 BTC.

I don't think that we can take this token has an example then (but I don't say that PBT is a bad token).
Activity: 490
Merit: 102
Most people who are enthusiastic about cryptocurrency appear to agree that Bitcoin and its newer rival Ethereum have staying power, though they may be more bullish on one versus the other. On one conference this summer Balaji Srinivasan, CEO of 21, said:“In terms of 5 to 10 years, Bitcoin and Ether will be around I bet”. So it may be Ethereum
Pages:
Jump to: