Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin also lead to corruption ? - page 49. (Read 51258 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 255
October 03, 2017, 10:26:10 AM
Well, corruption is nothing new, and people who do it are always trying to look more ways to make their plans, anyway, bitcoin is money, so they can use it too, but i dont think that it makes more corruption in this world. So it depends on how they are going to use it, but obviously this is a bad thing and it needs to be stopped. But with bitcoin it is more easy to send money, so probaby yes.

Knowing that people are always finding ways to make their plan go smoothly, Bitcoin is a really good way of laundering corrupted money from the government. Because not only that you are sending your money to a different source, government officials will have a hard time tracing for that laundered money. We all know that corrupted government official's money is being announced in T.v by the bank like how much their net worth is, so if they hie their corrupted money in bitcoin it will never get announced by the bank.
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
October 03, 2017, 10:23:52 AM
 Let’s accept thatCorruption is inevitable a social phenomenon that exists as naturally as an influenza virus. Many countries, especially the first world nations, claim that they have curbed this social stigma. But nonetheless, corruption still flourishes relentlessly in both political and bureaucratic offices, while impacting everything that comes under their spectrum. It is inherent to human nature, irrespective of class and creed.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
October 03, 2017, 09:42:04 AM
Corruption is as a result of insatiable want of man. So whether bitcoin or paper money, corruption is born with man. Anyway , for bitcoin, it might be lesser if we guide our wallet very well but once you have been frauded in this digital currency, off we know you can't recover it for now unless there is another technology out there for recovery.
Corruption is born in a lot of ways, most of the time the people that are the ones committing the act of corruption are not the ones that benefit directly from it, it is very common that in many countries public officers become corrupt but many times they do not keep the money they give it to their boss who is the one that is corrupting everyone around him.
It all depends on the usage of Bitcoin. There is nothing in this world which was made for using it for illegal activities or corruption. It is we who use it for negative purpose. Bitcoin is no doubt a very good thing and we need to strike against this thing in case if it happens. We the investors and the users of Bitcoin have to play a role if this thing ever happens.

Activity: 434
Merit: 101
October 03, 2017, 02:06:23 AM
I think no. first of all bitcoin is Peoples money while fiat money is control by banks/governments so it wont lead bitcoin to corruption. we control our bitcoin but we can't control our fiat money because their are codes on it.
Activity: 476
October 02, 2017, 11:41:12 PM
If bitcoin will use in the wrong way it will leads to corruption. Powerful people can have a greed when it comes to money. So I think if they use it too much or spoil the use of them it will greatlt leads to corruption.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!
October 02, 2017, 10:42:14 PM
We all know that there is corruption everywhere, like in government or any other organization. Because of money, corruption can always happen with greedy people who always wants more money to them. Since bitcoin can be considered as money, can it also lead to corruption?
Bitcoin is most online payment system And its so easy to transaction any amount.Most of the frelencer use this coin and all cryptocurrency trader are also use this coin.That means i want to say if anyone try to use this coin for corruption i think its not fault for bitcoin.give me answer please there was no corruption when there was no bitcoin??
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
October 02, 2017, 10:16:19 PM
Bitcoin isnt different from fiat, if the person does wanna to steal income, there are a good deal pyramids using bitcoin soo this is presently taking place for a whilst, besides these allows consider a seem at the shitty Ico that constantly come and steal your money, and the builders just dump their cash and left.
Activity: 42
October 02, 2017, 10:15:46 PM
Bitcoin isnt distinct from fiat, if the individual does wanna to steal cash, there are a whole lot pyramids employing bitcoin soo this is currently occurring for a although, besides individuals allows just take a seem at the shitty Ico that often come and steal your money, and the builders just dump their cash and left.
Activity: 952
Merit: 107
October 02, 2017, 06:04:51 PM
Well, corruption is nothing new, and people who do it are always trying to look more ways to make their plans, anyway, bitcoin is money, so they can use it too, but i dont think that it makes more corruption in this world. So it depends on how they are going to use it, but obviously this is a bad thing and it needs to be stopped. But with bitcoin it is more easy to send money, so probaby yes.

This is how people manage the money they have. Maybe this can lead to corruption but it depends on a person who handles it. Being greed and not contented on what already have even it is more than enough for you. Since bitcoin is money, and money can make us dream big to the point that even we can step on other people, just pretend to be blind and continue to the main goal which is gaining more money.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 589
October 02, 2017, 02:41:44 PM
I think there are a lot of definitions of the word corruption in the dictionary and I think, Bitcoin can lead to corruption based from the definition that I know. Corruption for me, is when people use something but that something is not for that people but for other purpose or other people, though in bitcoin it can be called on another word. For example, I am running a signature campaign, lets say it is A signature campaign. My campaign manager is X and been my partner for 6 years. I trusted him so much, that I put the whole 10 bitcoins to the address of the campaign. After that I didn't hear about him or what happened to my bitcoins, as far as I know, he run off with my bitcoins, and used it not the way it will be used.

You can just simplify it by saying, to exploit people and or do that is immoral. 

Definitely  anything that can bring power or trigger greed can corrupt people.  Bitcoin like money is no exemption.  Bitcoin can give people power, financial capability, and fame.  If a person cannot get enough of these with Bitcoins then he can turn into a corrupt person exploiting everything he can to get more of what Bitcoin offers.
Corruption existed even before bitcoin has began to operate. Yes bitcoin can lead to corruption because of the users who abuse it. Bitcoin gives many users the power and that is what people want, the power where they can do whatever they want. And that power sometimes leads to bad actions like corruption.
Activity: 23
October 02, 2017, 02:24:34 PM
Yes for positive it is as federal government will dazzled of how much bitcoin value and how a lot bitcoin could give them what they want. Even now government is presently corrupt what far more if the formal currency is bitcoin.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
October 01, 2017, 02:37:47 AM
Activity: 47
October 01, 2017, 02:36:12 AM
Almost everything, like bitcoin,  that is mistreated can guide to corruption. The latter can be employed in numerous other diverse approaches medicines, weapons, and so on. If an individual has wicked intentions, he will use it for wicked kinds. If he has excellent intentions, he will use it for great kinds. And that is the cycle of existence. I think that bitcoin ought to be used to end poverty.
Activity: 44
September 30, 2017, 02:45:13 PM
While the future of cryptocurrencies is uncertain, the accusations levied at them by banking executives may say more about the execs than the crypto — do these higher ups truly believe what they are saying or are they members of an unscrupulous industry that’s desperately afraid their era of (relatively) free reign over the economy is coming to an end? As we consider the future of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, the important thing to keep in mind is that while these systems could eventually become corrupt, many of the big banks critical of them already are.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 30, 2017, 11:33:22 AM
We all know that there is corruption everywhere, like in government or any other organization. Because of money, corruption can always happen with greedy people who always wants more money to them. Since bitcoin can be considered as money, can it also lead to corruption?
Corruption existed long time ago before Bitcoin was created and circulated. All form of assets or money can possibly be used into corruption. Bitcoin is anonymous in terms of identity and is transparent in terms of transactions since we can see it in blockchain explorer but still cannot identify who really the owner is. That is why governments regulated local exchanges with Know Your Costumer(KYC)/Anti Money Laundering(AML) just like here in my country just to track any suspicious activities on accounts with too good to be true transactions. I am not an expert on any technicalities but I don't have any idea on how they are going to know if we are doing such actions.
Activity: 224
I will do wonder for YOU!!!
September 30, 2017, 10:05:34 AM

Anything that people can save and spend, corruption will always be there.  The manipulation in the market by big investors of bitcoin is a form of corruptions, isn't it.  So, whether it be physical money or digital currency, there is no difference really.  As long as it can be save or spend... corruption will lurk its way to the system.
Activity: 39
September 30, 2017, 08:35:03 AM
Sure i think so it may possibly guide to that if huge holders will manipulate and handle bitcoins cost in the market,also if the community by itself encounter some mistakes or intentionally dhut down the system and gather all bitcoins of all users.If govt controlled bitcoins might be an concern to
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
September 29, 2017, 12:43:28 AM

I believe so that corruption can also happen to bitcoin but it would be harder compared to corruption using fiat money because transactions in bitcoin can be traced because of blockchain technology. There would be some attempts to do it and make a way to cover it up and some may succeed in doing it. There are always greedy people who will do every thing just to get some money from people who work hard for it.
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
September 28, 2017, 11:57:55 PM
Corruption is as a result of insatiable want of man. So whether bitcoin or paper money, corruption is born with man. Anyway , for bitcoin, it might be lesser if we guide our wallet very well but once you have been frauded in this digital currency, off we know you can't recover it for now unless there is another technology out there for recovery.
Corruption is born in a lot of ways, most of the time the people that are the ones committing the act of corruption are not the ones that benefit directly from it, it is very common that in many countries public officers become corrupt but many times they do not keep the money they give it to their boss who is the one that is corrupting everyone around him.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
September 27, 2017, 07:36:50 PM
What kind of a question is this? Do you not see how corrupt this very forum is? Of course Bitcoin leads to corruption. It is in the very nature of how it is built. You cannot get back what you send. This is a scammer's heaven. Essential anonymity and no chargebacks = paradise for criminals and bad people. And now we have things like Monero which are 100% anonymous. Great on both ends of the spectrum, very polarizing indeed.
Pages:
Jump to: