Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin also lead to corruption ? - page 63. (Read 51258 times)

Activity: 1041
Merit: 273
August 13, 2017, 01:37:06 AM
I think that bitcoin is just a virtual currency but it could happen that bitcoin causes corruption.
While the existence of corruptors is now more and more, as in government corruption is increasingly rampant.
 Because of money, many people are willing to do anything, until the public money he eats. It hurts a lot of people, and only individual benefits.
Even without the usage of the bitcoins, world is facing high level corruption. Corruption has to do nothing with bitcoins. Just like fiat, it is a currency which is used to pay for things whatever you purchase. But the interesting thing is that people are using them as a mode of investment.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
August 12, 2017, 01:17:10 AM
I think there are a lot of definitions of the word corruption in the dictionary and I think, Bitcoin can lead to corruption based from the definition that I know. Corruption for me, is when people use something but that something is not for that people but for other purpose or other people, though in bitcoin it can be called on another word. For example, I am running a signature campaign, lets say it is A signature campaign. My campaign manager is X and been my partner for 6 years. I trusted him so much, that I put the whole 10 bitcoins to the address of the campaign. After that I didn't hear about him or what happened to my bitcoins, as far as I know, he run off with my bitcoins, and used it not the way it will be used.

You can just simplify it by saying, to exploit people and or do that is immoral. 

Definitely  anything that can bring power or trigger greed can corrupt people.  Bitcoin like money is no exemption.  Bitcoin can give people power, financial capability, and fame.  If a person cannot get enough of these with Bitcoins then he can turn into a corrupt person exploiting everything he can to get more of what Bitcoin offers.

In my opinion maybe it can open way to corruption but if any user is very alert and progressive then no-one can cheat him so it's like 50-50 chance of corruption to spread it's leg via bitcoins
Nah! the very users are also the person that uses bitcoin to hide their laundered money, in short, corruption. I'm not saying all bitcoin users are corruptors but some of us are. So those people are taking advantage of the great features of bitcoin to hide their corrupted money in the public because it is hard to trace transactions in bitcoin.
They would really normally use this feature on securing up their corrupted money which we cant do anything since bitcoin can be used by anyone and would really take advantage on it.Yes some of us would really use that thing for bad things but not all but we cant escape the reality that it can be used on such particular thing. You can hide funds without being traced by anyone.
Activity: 546
Merit: 255
August 12, 2017, 01:11:43 AM
I think there are a lot of definitions of the word corruption in the dictionary and I think, Bitcoin can lead to corruption based from the definition that I know. Corruption for me, is when people use something but that something is not for that people but for other purpose or other people, though in bitcoin it can be called on another word. For example, I am running a signature campaign, lets say it is A signature campaign. My campaign manager is X and been my partner for 6 years. I trusted him so much, that I put the whole 10 bitcoins to the address of the campaign. After that I didn't hear about him or what happened to my bitcoins, as far as I know, he run off with my bitcoins, and used it not the way it will be used.

You can just simplify it by saying, to exploit people and or do that is immoral. 

Definitely  anything that can bring power or trigger greed can corrupt people.  Bitcoin like money is no exemption.  Bitcoin can give people power, financial capability, and fame.  If a person cannot get enough of these with Bitcoins then he can turn into a corrupt person exploiting everything he can to get more of what Bitcoin offers.

In my opinion maybe it can open way to corruption but if any user is very alert and progressive then no-one can cheat him so it's like 50-50 chance of corruption to spread it's leg via bitcoins
Nah! the very users are also the person that uses bitcoin to hide their laundered money, in short, corruption. I'm not saying all bitcoin users are corruptors but some of us are. So those people are taking advantage of the great features of bitcoin to hide their corrupted money in the public because it is hard to trace transactions in bitcoin.
Activity: 406
Merit: 156
August 12, 2017, 12:46:35 AM
It is not leading to corruption , but it is a very effective tool for it since money washing/buying illegal goods is very commun and easy with BTC
Activity: 798
Merit: 258
August 10, 2017, 12:27:33 PM
We all know that there is corruption everywhere, like in government or any other organization. Because of money, corruption can always happen with greedy people who always wants more money to them. Since bitcoin can be considered as money, can it also lead to corruption?
I agreed, corruption is for those people who are greed in money. And however, since bitcoin is money where it can be convert according to the country you belong it can really be use for evil things like corruptions, got it?
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
Earn crypto for being contacted
August 09, 2017, 11:02:54 PM
I think that bitcoin is just a virtual currency but it could happen that bitcoin causes corruption.
While the existence of corruptors is now more and more, as in government corruption is increasingly rampant.
 Because of money, many people are willing to do anything, until the public money he eats. It hurts a lot of people, and only individual benefits.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
August 09, 2017, 07:53:24 PM
It can't lead the corruption countries which have already problem with corruption will use that payment system to make it easier but in countries where laws and police are working to make corruption less posible it would be really easy prove that corruption happend and it can take liability from people who made ilegal action
I think every country has a corruption problem in their country and all governments are trying to reduce corruption in their country but bitcoin comes by offering anonymous transactions. I think seeing some governments take policy to ban bitcoin, I think it proves that bitcoin helps corruption
Activity: 840
Merit: 501
August 09, 2017, 07:32:52 PM
It is known that money is the roof of all evil.  Money is used to corruption, as well as using bitcoin. The latter can also lead to corruption if it is misused. As a matter of fact, bitcoin was used to buy weapons, drugs, and so on. It was within the dark web. Only hackers knew about bitcoin. That's why, it should be within good hands.

But we cant expect everyone to used bitcoin for a good things, we cant control this things, and money also being used to buy drugs, weapons and all illegal things, money is also used for corruption, so I dont think bitcoin causing more corruption, anything that is valuable is able to be used as the token for corruption
Activity: 1078
Merit: 342
Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly
August 09, 2017, 06:19:48 PM
It is known that money is the roof of all evil.  Money is used to corruption, as well as using bitcoin. The latter can also lead to corruption if it is misused. As a matter of fact, bitcoin was used to buy weapons, drugs, and so on. It was within the dark web. Only hackers knew about bitcoin. That's why, it should be within good hands.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
August 09, 2017, 06:01:12 PM
It can't lead the corruption countries which have already problem with corruption will use that payment system to make it easier but in countries where laws and police are working to make corruption less posible it would be really easy prove that corruption happend and it can take liability from people who made ilegal action
It seems to me that our happiness is that officials have not switched to crypto currency to get bribes in Bitcoin. And one more aspect, then we all pray, and it is connected with the legalization of the crypto currency. If the crypto currency is not legalized, then all the money that corrupt officials have stolen in the country, they are transferred to Bitcoin and thus will hide them from law enforcement agencies and from people.
Activity: 830
Merit: 258
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
August 09, 2017, 05:43:53 PM
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
August 09, 2017, 05:20:31 PM

You  know what corruption is?
It is not like cold that can be wiped out with vitamic c and it's not spreading around like wet paint so you can avoid it when sitting on a bench.

It has nothing to do with cheating users, corruption is about somebody getting an advantage by cheating the laws.
You can't avoid corruption.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
August 09, 2017, 12:15:57 PM

Activity: 434
Merit: 100
August 09, 2017, 12:08:20 PM
Yes they also lead to corruptions.Fraud it like Corruption. And already happening now scam investment is a corruptions they hold our btc and promise they give back interest daily for ever investment then after a years or if the company get a trust for all peoples and get some billions of investment then they plan for a escape.  Like there are some hacking story that they lose money and cannot back. 
Activity: 546
Merit: 255
August 09, 2017, 11:11:02 AM
It is possible that someone is doing corruption with a digital currency such as bitcoin. You can corrupt and save money into bitcoins. No one knows that you are the owner of the money. Because the bitcoin is anonymous. I think a great way to get rid of your financial records is by turning them into bitcoins. Maybe if the corruptors know it they will save their money on bitcoin.
Recently there was a big news about the arrest of the BTC-e operator Alex Vinnik and the case is about the money laundering based on this link https://cointelegraph.com/news/us-government-seizes-russian-bitcoin-exchange-btc-e-domain.
That clearly says that bicoin was use for corruption like any other currency, but the thing is we are wrong on what we believe that it's anonymous because this shows a good example that you can be trace if you do illegal activities.
Well, that's a major upset for bitcoin, thinking that bitcoin's anonymity is just a sham. I know that bitcoin is pseudo- anonymous so by that I know that it is not 100% anonymous and can still be tracked in some way. I guess knowing that arrest with Alex might trigger more awareness and make corruptors more careful than ever. They will be smarter on how to hide their laundered money and keep on taking the advantage of bitcoin for themselves.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
August 09, 2017, 10:54:56 AM
We all know that there is corruption everywhere, like in government or any other organization. Because of money, corruption can always happen with greedy people who always wants more money to them. Since bitcoin can be considered as money, can it also lead to corruption?
Since we always said here that bitcoin is an open sources to anyone, it is also open for legal and illegal purposes but this will be depend on the
individuals to their own reason of how to use it. but I am hoping and wishing that majority of the bitcoin users will not abuse the usge of bitcoin.

I don't think bitcoiners can lead to corruptions thats how i wish cause every users have their different strategy of keeping their savings safe.

Of course bitcoiners can't lead to corruption.
The bitcoiners will be the ones doing the corruption.

Bitcoin is money, money will lead to corruption, bitcoin users are humans, corruption is in human nature ....
It's so obvious it;s nothing special.
Bitcoin, gold, diamonds,wheat euros or dollars.
Activity: 2982
Merit: 790
August 09, 2017, 10:43:42 AM
This topic open my mind into possibilities. Have never thought about it but your right.
There is much more higher possibilities that this system can be poisoned by corruption.
Bitcoin as an anonymous transaction can give headache to this kind of criminal activities.
Can't elaborate more, for it is scary even just to think about it.
Yes its scary but its the reality and we cant do anything about it since bitcoin is anonymous and there would really be people who would really use it to hide the money that they do corrupt on other people money which is really a possible thing to do and would really be hardly to be traced. Bitcoin is also being used on making illegal transactions which we would really normally say that corruption would not be an exclusion on that one.
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
August 09, 2017, 10:36:55 AM
This topic open my mind into possibilities. Have never thought about it but your right.
There is much more higher possibilities that this system can be poisoned by corruption.
Bitcoin as an anonymous transaction can give headache to this kind of criminal activities.
Can't elaborate more, for it is scary even just to think about it.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
August 09, 2017, 10:32:23 AM
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Can you help me understand more about this issue?
I feel it is a little confusing

In what part you are confuse at? You should be clear and precise on what part of this issue you are having some difficulties of understanding or joining the discussion. So if you will have sometime to learn bitcoin's history, it has been used by people who are hiding their transactions and identities and it's very possible that it can be used for corruption.
Activity: 369
Merit: 252
August 09, 2017, 10:27:32 AM
No matter how much corruption invests, if the government begins to take action by freezing bitcoin exchange in that country and intimidating transaction access to the suspect's bank account.   Undecided
Pages:
Jump to: