Pages:
Author

Topic: Can bitcoin be worthless? - page 26. (Read 2809 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 246
March 11, 2019, 08:32:17 AM
Everything is possible and nothing can be considered totally safe from failure (technical issues are always one of the possibilities), but it is highly unlikely that bitcoin will ever become worthless. Quite the opposite is more probable: that bitcoin will become a very valuable asset precisely because of its limited supply. This limited supply counteracts inflation and hyperinflation (in the long run).

That being said, it remains to be seen how the announced EFTs will work. They could represent a hidden source of bitcoin minting which could lead to some kind of inflation, something along the lines of how the FED system currently works (with debt and fractional reserves).
Activity: 980
Merit: 261
March 11, 2019, 08:31:17 AM
Currency failure generally occurs due to the type of hyperinflation, and there is always the potential for technical failure, currency competition, political issues and so on. As the main basic rule, there is no currency that can be considered very safe from failure and difficult times. so is it possible that bitcoin can become worthless?

I bring back the question to you, is it possible that bitcoin wont be used by an individual? As long as there are lots of people who will be use bitcoin and other crpyto product it wont be worthless.
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
Need Bounty Manager ? DM me https://t.me/Catur_72
March 11, 2019, 08:01:36 AM
Currency failure generally occurs due to the type of hyperinflation, and there is always the potential for technical failure, currency competition, political issues and so on. As the main basic rule, there is no currency that can be considered very safe from failure and difficult times. so is it possible that bitcoin can become worthless?
Pages:
Jump to: