Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin End World Poverty? - page 144. (Read 63023 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 503
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
July 03, 2017, 07:28:49 AM
Free money is worth nothing because everyone got some.  If you print money and give it to the poor, then each dollar is worth less and the prices increase until those dollars are useless. 

If you print more money, or create crypto and hand it out evenly to everyone, the currency loses value in the world market. There a lot of factors for reducing poverty and not just Bitcoin or USD itself.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 356
July 03, 2017, 07:26:28 AM
Free money is worth nothing because everyone got some.  If you print money and give it to the poor, then each dollar is worth less and the prices increase until those dollars are useless. 
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
July 03, 2017, 06:46:28 AM
I not sure, and i hope bitcoin make it happen.

Probably, in future bitcoin have authority for organize world
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
July 03, 2017, 06:08:05 AM
It actually depends on the person if they would be willing to accept bitcoin. Many are still in doubt about it. Many thinks it's taking risks.
Now the bitcoin is becoming popular globally and more and more people are into it then I believe that in the next 20 years people from all over the world would accept bitcoin.  Then poverty could eventually be eradicated.
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
July 03, 2017, 05:58:30 AM
In my opinion, bitcoin will not be able to end world poverty, how can bitcoin that only generate virtual money can end world poverty, while poor people find it difficult to get facilities such as internet, health and other facilities, if you want to end poverty I Think the only way Is working hard to earn money that can change a person for the better, and to eliminate world poverty is impossible because the world is vast and human nature is different, and their way of life is different
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
July 03, 2017, 04:18:03 AM
I believe that it can remove the poverty of the world if the people are educated and will know to use he technology of bitcoin which is not a problem and hard for anyone. They if start to use bitcoin then they will earn a bigger amount of money from their home and will start their own businesses.

It's not just about knowledge. there are a millions of people who can't even afford a clean water and eat three time a day. you really think they can afford a cheap gadget or even

rent a computer?. Lets face it, bitcoin is not accessible to everyone. To help reduce the global poverty someone should lend a hand and bring the horse to the water not just

bringing the water to the horse. i believe that the government is the one who can do this.

I agree with you, there are lots of things to consider in order to stop poverty. How can we gain knowledge if our stomach is empty?
That's why poor families prioritized their foods for survival rather than their opportunity to study.
It is not a excuse because if all the people will keep saying that then there will be no people in the world that will become rich from being a poor person because they will always prioritized foods or necessities rather than trying other new things but if you want to be rich then you will sacrifice something in exchange of getting more worth it than what you currently have.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
July 03, 2017, 03:57:18 AM
I believe that it can remove the poverty of the world if the people are educated and will know to use he technology of bitcoin which is not a problem and hard for anyone. They if start to use bitcoin then they will earn a bigger amount of money from their home and will start their own businesses.

It's not just about knowledge. there are a millions of people who can't even afford a clean water and eat three time a day. you really think they can afford a cheap gadget or even

rent a computer?. Lets face it, bitcoin is not accessible to everyone. To help reduce the global poverty someone should lend a hand and bring the horse to the water not just

bringing the water to the horse. i believe that the government is the one who can do this.

I agree with you, there are lots of things to consider in order to stop poverty. How can we gain knowledge if our stomach is empty?
That's why poor families prioritized their foods for survival rather than their opportunity to study.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 634
July 03, 2017, 03:40:17 AM
I guess there's no way to end the world's poverty but I have a confidence that bitcoin can help an individual out of poverty.

There's a lot of people who suffers poverty and yet they can't get out of it until they grow up.

The world is broad and we are too many for it, bitcoin as a currency and investment. There's a lot of things to be done first instead of thinking world's poverty.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
July 03, 2017, 02:48:56 AM
No!
Talk about digital divide. Not everyone are computer literate, especially those in the state of poverty. Places that suffer from poverty only think about their daily survival(MEAL) that's why they don't even have a simple thought about bitcoin. They are focused on easy and short term satisfaction and not on the long term one such as bitcoin.
Activity: 415
Merit: 250
July 03, 2017, 01:34:51 AM

Money is less linked to poverty than people know.  There is no "currency only" solution to poverty.  Every society yells for different solutions and they do not work.   You need solid industry and planing in order to reduce poverty.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
July 02, 2017, 10:42:38 PM
It may be possible if bitcoin becomes legalized in that country who has a lot of poor people and the transaction fees may be an hindrance for them because if they want to buy coffee for only $2-5 they would have to $0.15 or 0.85 just to make the transaction faster and to buy coffee. They would have to convert their bitcoins first into their fiat currency to be able to buy goods and neccessities and would decrease of price in bitcoin depending on the volume of people converting it.  The only work around this problem is first thst coutry needs to legalize bitcoin and second resolved the bitcoin scaling issue.
Activity: 392
Merit: 292
July 02, 2017, 10:01:57 PM

When talking about poverty, everyone seems to be looking forward for the government's action. In actuality, our future belongs to us and depends on us. The government is just there to keep the rules and regulation going on. If you live in a country where resources has a shortage, then that's just how it is. Bitcoin isn't relevant at all. After all, people don't have a choice about their ethnicity and their location of house.

Like me, even if I would want to live in USA just because the culture there and the life there is much easier, that's not going to happen unless I excel by myself. So, with the people that can't afford gadgets, they would have to improve themselves before they can get help from bitcoin. Save up enough money to buy a smartphone and then learn how to do bitcoins. But then again, with the small pay rate and lack of resources, this seem to be very implausible.

Nonetheless, we can't just whine and blame the government for these things happening to us. Remember that the government is just a group of people and if your country is poor from the start, lacks resources, lacks competent people, then the government can't do anything about it. In short, what's fucked up ever since will continue to be fucked up unless they get help from other major countries. But then again, major countries won't just lend a hand since they aren't going to have any resource in return.
Activity: 159
Merit: 102
July 02, 2017, 08:56:49 PM
Not on the contrary, I think the bitcoin can make it worse because let's assume that its price explodes and reaches $ 100,000 within 20 years. There will be a colossal money supply in circulation, it will cause a crisis or at least a BIG inflation.

The bitcoin in my opinion can only harm the poor except if they invest in it and they are actors.
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
July 02, 2017, 08:49:15 PM
It has a possibility that bitcoin might change the world but, it will take many years before it will be. We cannot change a thing so easily. But we hope so that oneday bitcoin might help us all especially those who are very lack in needs.
Yes, I think Bitcoin can not be rich for all, but it does not violate the value of it, I think that after many years, it will make some people rich.
Activity: 2786
Merit: 902
yesssir! 🫡
July 02, 2017, 08:03:53 PM

Activity: 812
Merit: 501
July 02, 2017, 07:47:52 PM
I prefer to say reduce poverty. Bitcoin gives opportunities for everyone to make money online. Because of bitcoin now ,there are altcoins and ICO. Some new developers now become millionare because of bitcoin. WHy bitcoin? Their new tokens and coins are exchanged to bitcoin then exchanged with million dollars fiat.
Activity: 798
Merit: 506
July 02, 2017, 07:43:05 PM
Well with one snap of bitcoin it cannot end the worlds' problem which is poverty. It is always up for the people to move by themselves. It is on the people that is on that situation, it is up to them if they still wanted to live or they wanted to die as poor. There are a lot of stories I've read saying that there were many people born as poor but died as rich. Well for them to end their poverty using bitcoin they need the literacy to do it. At least they need to be media literate to deal with this.

Agree, as I always said: bitcoin is just a digital currency which been using for many purposes but it's meant to be a medium of exchange. Just like any other fiat currencies which can not change world to end poverty, it should start from the person who wants to change and trying to get out of poverty. Bitcoin provide some opportunities to do that, as long as people struggling to achieve what they want.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
July 02, 2017, 07:27:46 PM
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
July 02, 2017, 06:42:26 PM
I think bitcoin can not end poverty why? As you can see many people are have NO knowledge about bitcoin and many are not using gadgets and even an internet. That is the main reason why bitcoin can not end poverty.

Just wait for some time, years to pass, for the younger generations that are into technology more to replace the current one and there should be a significant step forward for bitcoins way into mainstream. Also, bitcoin may not end poverty all over the world but might end poverty for individual persons.
Activity: 910
Merit: 507
July 02, 2017, 06:20:14 PM
I think bitcoin can not end poverty why? As you can see many people are have NO knowledge about bitcoin and many are not using gadgets and even an internet. That is the main reason why bitcoin can not end poverty.
Jump to: