Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin End World Poverty? - page 145. (Read 63023 times)

Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
July 02, 2017, 04:07:35 PM
No, bitcoin is just a decentralized peer to peer payment system in shortly. It is not for to solve poverty
I will disagree, it is not just a payment system but it is now a popular investment which everyone is trying to invest. And if you invested to bitcoin earlier when the price is still not that high then now you had almost 1000% percentage profit. So I believe it can end a family's poverty but the world is big and its hard to believe.
Bitcoin has got multiple usability rather than getting used as a payment gateway. Recent days it's more popular as an investment. I need to ask what's meant by poverty. One who doesn't have the food and basic needs is the poverty. In this situation where he'll go for making an investment. So it can be eradicated if people were educated. So education can be provided by government. In this way a chained process might help, but when it comes to real time implementation it will be hard to get success.

Yes just like what I said. It will only hard to get success if most of the people will doesn't have something to earn or doesn't have a living. That is making poverty. But because bitcoin creates, investments and it also creates employment it's helping to reduce the poverty in so many ways.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
July 02, 2017, 03:59:58 PM
No, bitcoin is just a decentralized peer to peer payment system in shortly. It is not for to solve poverty
A newbie idea indeed and I know a year later you'll distance yourself from such school of thought!

One of the high lights of Bitcoin happens to be the fact that it gave us opportunity to conduct peer to peer payments, bypassing any authority or clearance house. What that simply means is that geographical barriers are now out of the way and someone can transact with anyone, anywhere in the world and at a very reduced rate. Now that is a tool and essentially what is looked at, when we say Bitcoin can reduce poverty.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
July 02, 2017, 06:49:12 AM
I will disagree, it is not just a payment system but it is now a popular investment which everyone is trying to invest. And if you invested to bitcoin earlier when the price is still not that high then now you had almost 1000% percentage profit. So I believe it can end a family's poverty but the world is big and its hard to believe.

Maybe it can end up corruption. We all know that bitcoin is a decentralized peer to peer currency and it has its specification that can audit all the transactions you have. it is stored on the data base and cannot be faked.

It will make corruption untraceable. If someone bribes a government official using Bitcoins, it will be almost impossible to prosecute him. He may be using a fresh Bitcoin wallet, so the chances are low that the anti-corruption people will be able to link the wallet to his ID. Also, anyone with his BTC address can transfer the coins. So there is no proof that the official asked for the bribe.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
July 02, 2017, 06:24:59 AM

Maybe it can end up corruption. We all know that bitcoin is a decentralized peer to peer currency and it has its specification that can audit all the transactions you have. it is stored on the data base and cannot be faked.

That is right, though, you can't say corruption because it talks mostly about governments, it can be a anti to crimes but not corruption. Corruption is all about getting or using the money in the wrong thing. When blockchain was invented, many people tried to use it for other things, and we all know that it can be used to other things especially to governments.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015
July 02, 2017, 06:22:51 AM
For me, no. It's an endless problem. Poverty can only be solved(but not totally) by government and of course  especially themselves. They need to work hard and make a plan on their own to get out of poverty. If they are just sitting their and just waiting for someone help, nothing will happen. They also need to help themselves if they want to get out of poverty. Changes starts on yourself.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
July 02, 2017, 05:36:13 AM

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
July 02, 2017, 05:12:42 AM
Bitcoin has got multiple usability rather than getting used as a payment gateway. Recent days it's more popular as an investment. I need to ask what's meant by poverty. One who doesn't have the food and basic needs is the poverty. In this situation where he'll go for making an investment. So it can be eradicated if people were educated. So education can be provided by government. In this way a chained process might help, but when it comes to real time implementation it will be hard to get success.
Activity: 798
Merit: 255
July 02, 2017, 03:47:02 AM
Bitcoin is not a magic wand which will end world poverty. It simply doesn't have the power to end such a massive thing. Also bitcoin is not a payment system anymore. We have moved to a different goal long back, when the confirmation time increased and transaction fees hiked. These confirmation time and transaction fees is going to be increased again and again. So we will move from the initial goal further.

Bitcoin has now purely became an investment asset. IT can provide a huge return which any other conventional investment will never be able to offer ever. So I take bitcoin purely as an investment and a trading asset. I earn profit  and keep it for the future.
Absolutely you are right. From the topic says that "World Poverty" that word means all of the people, every tribes and nations bitcoin can't ends the poverty maybe bitcoin can only help people who knows to use it and who knows to deal with it. How about the people who don't know about bitcoin? In this world over 100% only 60% people are already know about bitcoin. Im sure those in the rural places some of them are busy in agricultural how will they know about bitcoin when they are busy with their own businesses those of them are farmers. If this world knows all about bitcoin that was exactly bitcoin will probably end poverty.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
July 01, 2017, 11:41:33 PM
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
July 01, 2017, 10:32:17 PM

Well it does help build mobile banking, its only a matter of how much ease of usage their will be for online banks to expand into new markets without country by country rules on how the banking laws are applied to them that stagnate their growth.
A Crypto bank would be easy to track in that sense as collateral and assets are uniquely controlled yet fungible.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
July 01, 2017, 07:49:19 PM
Poverty is by design. In order for there to be rich people, there have to be poor people.

Traditional currency and especially the way it moves from person to person is also designed to help keeping some people rich which in turn makes some others poor.

I think cryptocurrencies help a little by taking one manipulative tool away from the ones with most power but its not enough by itself.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
July 01, 2017, 07:35:13 PM
i think bitcoin can incraese income bitcoin user
but bitcoin user is compare with total people population in the world is small
and USA still not yet regulation
Activity: 490
July 01, 2017, 07:21:31 PM
Bitcoin is not a magic wand which will end world poverty. It simply doesn't have the power to end such a massive thing. Also bitcoin is not a payment system anymore. We have moved to a different goal long back, when the confirmation time increased and transaction fees hiked. These confirmation time and transaction fees is going to be increased again and again. So we will move from the initial goal further.

Bitcoin has now purely became an investment asset. IT can provide a huge return which any other conventional investment will never be able to offer ever. So I take bitcoin purely as an investment and a trading asset. I earn profit  and keep it for the future.

Yeah right dude...  Bitcoin is just only a bitcoin not a magic wand that make your problems disappear even the problem of the world.. It depends on the people who are living with many situation on how they handle it..   In case of bitcoin,  yes it helps our financial  problems but poverty, i dont think so... It can also lessen the poverty problems in our world so just be real dude...
that is right bitcoin is not  magic that it can solve all types problems for you . it can assets you financially which can solve your financial problems upto how how, but not as total and for that you must work hard, bitcoin is just like currency which can only be use for solving your financial problems if you have a lot.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
July 01, 2017, 04:18:19 PM
There are ways in which the usage of Bitcoin can help in the reduction of global poverty. One major use is in the remittance sector. Poor immigrants from Africa and Asia spend as much as 15% of their earnings in fees to Western Union / Moneygram, to send money to their families. Bitcoin can reduce this to 2% or 3% of the total amount.
But how many of those poor immigrants have jobs?

Of almost 163,000 people who applied for asylum in Sweden last year, less than 500 landed a job, according to a report by a Swedish public broadcaster.

https://www.thelocal.se/20160531/fewer-than-500-of-163000-asylum-seekers-found-jobs

The money being sent by them is negligible, it's like a grain of sand on a beach.

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
July 01, 2017, 04:14:56 PM
Activity: 434
Merit: 252
July 01, 2017, 04:09:33 PM
If each individual person can't manage their finances, Bitcoin can't end world poverty. Everyone could have a opportunity in life to save money, invest it, grow the money and have a better life status, but it doesn't happen.

- First of all, if you don't stop making children, your month expenses will become even higher, you won't have the chance to save money, you won't upgrade your life status and won't give confort to your family.
- Second, if you waste money with desnecessary items like cellphones, expensive clothes, accessories, gifts you won't save money.

I'm not saying you can't have all of those things, you just need to know the right time to have that, first you need to save your money, invest it (in Bitcoins), hold your coins, when the price hit a nice value, sell part of your coins and invest in real life, open a little shop, start a production of a good at home. Only this way Bitcoin can help to end world poverty, only if people are able to manage their money and their actions.
Yes there are many factors involved in spreading the poverty, the children birth ratio is one the factor that keeps people in a circle of poverty and they can’t free themselves for getting out of the poor situation. Also the country strategies are very important.

The poverty is reduced by the increase in per capita income and if your government is not taking any steps to increase financial activities for the increase of per capita income you can never break the ring of poverty. So if you are allowed to use bitcoin legally throughout the world you can definitely overcome the poverty.
I'm not sure that you are right. The more people on earth the more demand for various products. This in turn requires workers. Therefore, the cause of poverty is quite different. Just in the unjust allocation of financial resources.
Activity: 228
Merit: 100
July 01, 2017, 04:00:35 PM
Actually, I think Bitcoin can not ending poverty in the world because it is not god, it does not have the capacity to do so. In many years, the governments of countries around the world also want an end to poverty but until now they still could not end this problem, the government can not, bitcoin is just a virtual currency, how can it do that. Bitcoin can only help the lives of many people to become better, it can not help the whole world, in life will have the rich and the poor, this is the balance of society, no one can change that

For the summary of your statement, I agree with you in that bitcoin can't stop poverty. But my reasoning is different. I just don't think bitcoin has such a mission to stop poverty that's all. Bitcoin is just an asset.
Activity: 700
July 01, 2017, 03:24:41 PM
If each individual person can't manage their finances, Bitcoin can't end world poverty. Everyone could have a opportunity in life to save money, invest it, grow the money and have a better life status, but it doesn't happen.

- First of all, if you don't stop making children, your month expenses will become even higher, you won't have the chance to save money, you won't upgrade your life status and won't give confort to your family.
- Second, if you waste money with desnecessary items like cellphones, expensive clothes, accessories, gifts you won't save money.

I'm not saying you can't have all of those things, you just need to know the right time to have that, first you need to save your money, invest it (in Bitcoins), hold your coins, when the price hit a nice value, sell part of your coins and invest in real life, open a little shop, start a production of a good at home. Only this way Bitcoin can help to end world poverty, only if people are able to manage their money and their actions.
Yes there are many factors involved in spreading the poverty, the children birth ratio is one the factor that keeps people in a circle of poverty and they can’t free themselves for getting out of the poor situation. Also the country strategies are very important.

The poverty is reduced by the increase in per capita income and if your government is not taking any steps to increase financial activities for the increase of per capita income you can never break the ring of poverty. So if you are allowed to use bitcoin legally throughout the world you can definitely overcome the poverty.
Activity: 658
Merit: 268
bullsvsbears.io
July 01, 2017, 11:25:24 AM
bitcoin is just money, and like any other moneyz it can not do magical things on its ow. people can use it as a tool to make more moneyz an make themselves richer by increasing their net worth but to expect bitcoin to end world's poverty is just absurd in my opinion!
Exactly, bitcoin was only be a tool but not the solution to end poverty in the world. Honestly speaking poverty can be solved by starting to do an action on it. Everyone must need to work for it. Why world experienced poverty? it because of human. so the solution for will start in human too. Let us start fixed ourselves first then after that it would be easy for everyone to end it. Let us be united in solving this problem and do not relay on bitcoin because this cant end poverty.
Activity: 392
Merit: 292
July 01, 2017, 10:58:07 AM
I agree that Bitcoin could resolve "one's" poverty, but I disagree that Bitcoin will resolve "world" poverty.

I'm not being pessimistic about the potential of Bitcoin but the thing is, the way people see poverty is those who has nothing; no clothing, house, food etc. that are obviously necessities.

But if these people have those I've mentioned, by having an average earning of money(and what I mean about average is the normal salary rate), then they're do not belong to the poverty section anymore, because they already have what are needed.

We always classify people to 'how much they earn', what luxuries they have; these vehicles, houses, gadgets etc. that are not necessities at all.

My point is there will be no equality, someone will always gonna be at the bottom. Even if all people are 'rich', there will always be the poorest one even if that person is also filthy rich like the rest of them.
Jump to: