Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin End World Poverty? - page 97. (Read 63023 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
October 02, 2017, 03:26:55 AM
That is a human problem.  Technology is not ready for that.

I agree with you. Yes, bitcoincan reduces poverty around the world but it can't end up unless we, people help ourselves. We can't rely our success, our oives in bitcoin. If we do nothing, even if there is bitcoin it won't help us end the poverty. Bitcoin is there but the action is depends on you.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
DanJoN
October 02, 2017, 02:40:26 AM
bitcoin really can help those who want or a person whose on it in cryptocurrency, it also can change someone lifes if your lucky enough, but Ending World Poverty? I would say it is impossible, many Big Fish will counter bitcoin in the future, also not all Person are willing to know about bitcoin. just my opinion.
Activity: 714
October 02, 2017, 02:36:41 AM
Bitcoin is not a magic wand which will end world poverty. It simply doesn't have the power to end such a massive thing. Also bitcoin is not a payment system anymore. We have moved to a different goal long back, when the confirmation time increased and transaction fees hiked. These confirmation time and transaction fees is going to be increased again and again. So we will move from the initial goal further.

Bitcoin has now purely became an investment asset. IT can provide a huge return which any other conventional investment will never be able to offer ever. So I take bitcoin purely as an investment and a trading asset. I earn profit  and keep it for the future.

yeah agree with this, bitcoin is not an instant solution if you want to get rich  infact the real key to a succesful life is hardwork and dedication without having these traits bitcoin cant grant your wishes, in short you need to work hard and bitcoin could do the rest to make your dreams came true.
Activity: 140
October 02, 2017, 02:17:38 AM
Bitcoin will not end the world poverty. Poverty rate is very high in the world and bitcoin supply is only limited to 21 million coins.
More over, bitcoins could be only accessed if one has an internet connection and internet connection is not evenly available through out the world. So, bitcoin may make more people rich but could not eradicate poverty through out the world. With this point of view I think it is more clear that ending a poverty using bitcoin is not possible.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
October 02, 2017, 02:16:00 AM
Bitcoin is made for far more better things. It cannot end absolutely poverty but it can be the first step to help those in need. We can help them in a lot of ways but they must also help themselves because we cannot do that for them. Poverty is continuously growing if we don't do anything about it

Right! Bitcoin cannot solve the world poverty itself but it can be use so that those living in poverty will be able to help themselves getting out poverty. The root cause of poverty which are the economic uncertainties, unemployment and corruption among all other things cannot be solve directly by bitcoin. The people who are experiencing it should do something about their situation because if the people who are out of poverty will just always help the poor one then there is a tendency they would just depend on what is given to them. They should know how to fish rather than being given one.
Activity: 182
October 02, 2017, 02:08:42 AM
Bitcoin cannot end world poverty, education does. Based on the interview from your link, bitcoin would give all kinds of people to own something. Make something a property that can be used as collateral. Now, for example, a person without education obtained 1BTC. How would that person make use of the money without knowledge of the system? I'd assume he'd spend it all in one go without regards for the future. Do you believe that knowledge is power? For me its Yes. Without knowledge of marketing you cant multiply your income even you win in a lottery with million dollars prize,  its useless if you didnt know how to manage your money properly. How the rich people become more richer? And the poor are become more poorer? Its simply because of their knowledge.
Activity: 462
October 02, 2017, 01:41:35 AM
The way I see it, I think Bitcoin is revolutionary and has helped a lot of people whether people with work or people staying at home. It has opened doors of chances for extra income. With this, people can earn beyond what they usually do. I think yes, it can help end or alleviate world poverty not just directly to people (bitcoin users) but through these users as well. If bitcoin will not reach Africa,then maybe, some bitcoin users will raise funds to bless them with food or shelter.
Activity: 468
Experience the Future of DeFi
October 02, 2017, 01:02:01 AM

I don't think Bitcoin will be the answer of the growing rate of poverty. Because even those people who are earning big and getting short because their expenses is greater than income can still be considered in the state of poverty. Yes, you earn much than the average earning people, but if you cannot budget wisely your income, it will lead you broke. So for me, Bitcoin will help for those people who can't find job, but it won't make you rich if you cannot handle your income properly. We need financial education to teach us how to manage our finances.
Activity: 168
October 02, 2017, 12:12:35 AM
Well with one snap of bitcoin it cannot end the worlds' problem which is poverty. It is always up for the people to move by themselves. It is on the people that is on that situation, it is up to them if they still wanted to live or they wanted to die as poor. There are a lot of stories I've read saying that there were many people born as poor but died as rich. Well for them to end their poverty using bitcoin they need the literacy to do it. At least they need to be media literate to deal with this.

It simply doesn't have the power to end such a massive think, help other if we want to kill poverty, we need to help other people to solve poverty in this world. This world full of problem, i think bitcoin is the best need to all nations.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
October 01, 2017, 11:58:21 PM
The actual challenges of the world population in poverty actually recording, transferring, and acknowledging property on the blockchain, or if the science even supports the notion that property ownership is the main thing holding the world's population in poverty... that's a separate discussion.
I think bitcoin, really, blockchain encryption that's behind it, has a greater ability to bring more of the world's population out of poverty than anything. it has the ability to give these individuals the right of ownership to property. And that has more than anything else, the ability to bring them out of poverty. And I can't wait. It'll be adopted elsewhere. I mean, blockchain encryption is such a powerful tool. It'll be used by banks, it'll be used by credit card companies, it will become a standard. But what's more interesting is what it can do to poverty around the world to eliminate poverty.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
October 01, 2017, 11:55:04 PM
This will never gonna happen, poverty the biggest problem in this world. Yes, you can donate money, foods, clothes etc. but it is only for such time, the community needs to grow, a real estate.
It's a fact that poverty is the biggest problem in the world. It's hard to solve the problem of the whole world but bitcoin can help to reduce the people that are poor. And in this type of help we can get with bitcoin it's good to know that it's ready to help to those people that are willing to earn and know much about it. I can see it can help individuals to end poverty but the whole world, it's impossible.
Activity: 364
Blockchain with VTOS energy
October 01, 2017, 11:42:10 PM
This will never gonna happen, poverty the biggest problem in this world. Yes, you can donate money, foods, clothes etc. but it is only for such time, the community needs to grow, a real estate.

Yeah i agree, The basic requirement to learn about bitcoins is to have a computer and not everyone can afford a computer, Maybe if there is a good samaritan that would help everyone by earning a lot from bitcoin investment then i think that will be the only way that bitcoin can end poverty.
Activity: 224
October 01, 2017, 01:29:58 PM
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 01, 2017, 01:07:43 PM
Bitcoin can help end poverty in the sense that, "an ideal digital bank of the future would not only offer payments through fiat and cryptocurrencies, but also have fully integrated marketplaces for various value chain players enabled by a multitude of mobile and artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) technologies, while offering a range of cross-platform service offerings to its consumers globally. (1)” In other words, a blockchain based bank built for everyone, not just for people in developing countries.(2)

Notes:
(1) http://www.livemint.com/Opinion/2cmcBNpUzl3UM1hHjUx4yL/Digital-bank-of-the-future.html
(2) https://medium.com/@BABB/chapter-two-beyond-financial-inclusion-41497d5ed73

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
October 01, 2017, 12:49:36 PM
In my opinion as well it can never end worlds poverty..this can make someones life wealthy  as times goes by..if he has knowledge about bitcoin..as we all know  just a few only knows it..and not everyone knows about how to earn btc..especially in our country in which everybody think its a scam..those people who wont take risk to invest and learn will never end its curse of poverty.

It can end poverty if the person not able to change here life and find a job so that they have some money to pay some foods and evrything that they need in everyday life. And thats true its only few people knows about bitcoin but if they want to learn about we want to teach them if they want to learn.

Bitcoin may give a lot of profit or money in some people but they will never give profit or money to all of the people in the world. One person, let's say is a poor one and he is earning in this forum, but does it change the poverty in the world? No, it might make some slight differences but it will no go beyond that.
According to my opinion not all of the people of a country are involved in bitcoins. Therefore it could not be considered as a state level choice for eliminating the poverty o a large scale or a way to increase the economic standards of a country. It is only beneficial at individual level. It can bring changes on a greater level and improve the society but it is a time taking process.
Activity: 786
Merit: 270
September 30, 2017, 02:35:33 AM
If you end up poverty, nobody will do the dirty jobs of the world.
yes it can end up poverty but people of that respective nation must have a piece of awareness and knowledge and when people gain some info about it so they must start their work and in my opinion it would not deprive them and they would not even think of their ordinary useless jobs
I don't really agree,bitcoin can't solve the world poverty because there are still a lot of illiterate people.So how can we teach bitcoin like that if they don't even know how to read and write although bitcoin can help anyone to have an extra income. On the other hand, some people already accepted their fate of being poor so maybe that's the reason why bitcoin can't solve world poverty

But I strongly believe that bitcoins have the ability to end poverty forever. As far as the illiterate people are concerned, governments themselves can buy bitcoins and use them for the welfare of these people.

If the governments start buying bitcoins and using them for the prosperity and betterment of their countries, I don’t think so it would be tough for bitcoins to end poverty then.
Activity: 395
September 28, 2017, 02:40:46 PM
This bitcoin technology is more important than payment system which can build bring out poverty from all the population from the whole world with high transparency of transactions in the global financial markets. Bitcoin technology has the right to give ownership of the coins to each individuals holdings which can bring the people out of poverty. Due to mass adoption the value of bitcoin increases.
Activity: 347
Merit: 109
September 28, 2017, 01:00:31 PM
That is a human problem.  Technology is not ready for that.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 153
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 28, 2017, 12:45:32 PM

Yes. Absolutely. For me I think it would be a great thing and great idea that bitcoin can end the world property not just ina sense that many people will start to earn but for the poor people to have income eventhough the didn't have any job or things that can give them income. Many people will be very hardworking.
Activity: 882
Merit: 260
September 28, 2017, 12:42:29 PM

I think for me it is depend on the people who uses bitcoin because if they want to really help to the people who are poor they will somehow perform actions and moves that will give the poor people work or job in order to earn. And ofcourse bitcoin must taught to them that it can give them income amd help them.
Pages:
Jump to: