Pages:
Author

Topic: Can bitcoin help poor children in underdeveloped countries? - page 4. (Read 1238 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10
Illiteracy is the cause of poverty. We know a cup of coffee (Starbucks) = 20 notebooks, or a school bag, or two pairs of slippers for poor children in Vietnam.

A small help is actually a very big help if every one of us will have the initiative to do so. In short, it is in the hands of bitcoiners whether they will or will not try to help others who are deeply in need of something. It is really within someone's genuine heart.
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
I dont think a mere stock or currency ca itself help poverty eradication. It needs mass support and Govt aids too
Activity: 2534
Merit: 586
yes, poverty is a serious problem that every country must deal with immediately and I think if the government is willing to give bitcoin space to be accessible to all levels of society I think it is not impossible if bitcoin will be able to overcome the poverty problem faced in every country. but for now some governments are more concerned with taxation and centralization problems that can not be done on bitcoin so they are reluctant to realize that bitcoin can be utilized for economic change at all levels of society.
In my opinion the problem of poverty is never going to be solved completely and it seems very obvious to me why that is the case there has never been an equal distribution of wealth and even if there was, people will have different capabilities so even if you were to give every single person a fair start as soon as the system began moving inequalities will begin to appear, so it's impossible to solve the issue of poverty.

It is indeed cannot be solved by merely using Bitcoin. Poverty is a personal problem which is addressed by the person involved. A person cannot escape poverty if they are lazy and have no motivation to get out of it. Poor children will always be poor unless their parents will find ways to have earnings and have a better life for their children.
exactly...they just accept their poverty as their fate that can never be changed. So they give up and end up begging. They see no other option left with them, but the reality is they have ample opportunities if they give it a try!! There are so many specially challenged people whom I have seen trying and not giving up on their fate. They set out to become an inspiration for such people who beg for money. When government has given them ample opportunities to excel, then why don't they make use of these opportunities!!
I don’t think so because bitcoin has nothing to do with poor people. Even average people cannot invest in bitcoin because of the so high price, how we can expect that bitcoin will help the poor. The only way is that people make a lot of money will bitcoin and then help the poor with their money, but it depends upon the interest of the people who earned money from bitcoin.
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
Illiteracy is the cause of poverty. We know a cup of coffee (Starbucks) = 20 notebooks, or a school bag, or two pairs of slippers for poor children in Vietnam.

of course can by putting aside some percent of the profits you get from playing bitcoin trading then you can help poor children and some underdeveloped countries by creating some technology that can make the country can be advanced.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
Bitcoin is a way to help people and to give them support when they are in that kind of situation. But probably bitcoin will not give it all through in their hands, but a person knows how to use it.. Yes they can, and his the way to do that all things.
Activity: 357
Merit: 12
Bitcoin itself is not going to turn to a human to help. You and I are the ones who will create that platform to help from the wealth you must have accrued from being an early adopter of bitcoin.

Do as much as you can in your own little way and if we all keep that going, you'd be surprised at the number of poor children's life you will be touching. We all have a part to play!

I definitely agree with you ! Bitcoin isn't a human. It does not have a hand to lend to the people who needs financially help. Bitcoin is a mere cryptocurrency. It is not developed nor created to help the poor children in the undeveloped country. Also, bitcoin is not that popular in those area. In addition, most of the citizen in there doesn't have an access to bitcoin.
Activity: 178
Merit: 5
bitcoin is good and there are many benefits to be gained from it. that's what if we understand and use it. because in an underdeveloped country, I do not think much can be done bitcoin, because it does not have information about bitcoin, especially about its benefits.
Activity: 448
Merit: 232
Bitcoin itself is not going to turn to a human to help. You and I are the ones who will create that platform to help from the wealth you must have accrued from being an early adopter of bitcoin.

Do as much as you can in your own little way and if we all keep that going, you'd be surprised at the number of poor children's life you will be touching. We all have a part to play!

I totally agree with you. Bitcoin is just a remedy, just like everything else. It can only help if it finds itself in the hands of people who want to help others. Similarly, it can serve evil people, for example, become a means for organizing terrorist acts. By itself, Bitcoin is neutral. Therefore, everything depends on us, on people. If we really want to help each other, we need to use all available means for this, and bitcoin is no exception.
Activity: 86
not bitcoin, an altcoin can do that.
Look at sigilplaform, sigilcoin . I think our fund can sent to poor children by that way.
Activity: 90
Perhaps not so much Bitcoin, but other coins which are devoted purely to supporting NGOs working in the third world etc. - there is a new budding market for coins being used as tools for charity, and it seems to be really a good choice: https://medium.com/@pauljlamb/crypto-philanthropy-how-bitcoin-and-blockchain-are-disrupting-the-philanthropic-sector-80716dc7cb68
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
Bitcoin cannot directly help poor children make lives better because before engaging bitcoin they need to have internet connection and gadgets for them to use in doing bitcoin. Maybe a help will be extended to them to those who are lucky enough to have millions of btc in their wallet through donations to a charity institution that is helping children in some underdeveloped countries. Providing children the food, clothing and some other important needs specially on education.
Activity: 144
Bitcoin is not the answer. But it can definitely help it some ways. Like, bitcoin can be use to funds the education of every children. Method of payment is the only thing that I can think of right now. Funding through bitcoin might be possible but still not exactly the help they needed.
Activity: 84

Exactly, bitcoin is only going to be a tool, and if the past experiences with other tools are any reference, I think bitcoin has the potential to help some people but it is not going to make a huge difference because at the end if the world is in the state it is, it is because people want it to be that way, so I do not expect to see any kind of radical change.

Definitely, bitcoin is a big help to children specially to undevelop countries only if they're are going to take advantage of it's usage. But as they say that if you're going to work hard on it there's gonna be a big result awaits you.

Yes bitcoin can help poor children if a members of this organization will work hard and gain more bitcoins. I think this is a kind of networking to invest more to take benefits for helping charitable programs.
Activity: 2212
Merit: 786

The question is rather vague as bitcoin is no other than an asset or a currency depending on its use. Following this description, donating money/bitcoin can help poor children in general!

Why would an underdeveloped country develop a system wherein it revolves around a digitalized form of payment if most of their population are living under the marginalized sector? This would only lead to a waste of resources and money as it may be better if they diversify their expenses into enhancing their current infrastructures for job opportunities and employment for the people. Not to mention, you said it yourself! Being illiterate is common throughout the world and introducing them a complex system of payment would only add insult to injury.
Give donation in the form of money, clothes, foods, etc. so that their government would establish schools for the youth and NOT BITCOIN.
Activity: 448

Exactly, bitcoin is only going to be a tool, and if the past experiences with other tools are any reference, I think bitcoin has the potential to help some people but it is not going to make a huge difference because at the end if the world is in the state it is, it is because people want it to be that way, so I do not expect to see any kind of radical change.

Definitely, bitcoin is a big help to children specially to undevelop countries only if they're are going to take advantage of it's usage. But as they say that if you're going to work hard on it there's gonna be a big result awaits you.
Activity: 840
Merit: 254

Activity: 392
send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c
I think Bitcoin is not something sacred, they do not help anyone if we do not have the will to strive for life. Being involved in a risky BTC may be a big loss for me, I do not know why, BTC can help poor children. How does Bitcoin help children? I see Bitcion is not suitable for less developed countries like Vietnam
Activity: 130
Yes the ones who can help the poor children in underdeveloped countries are those who became successful through bitcoin. It's in us on how we will utilize our bitcoins properly either in good ones like donating for charity funds or just use it for our own greediness. what these children need is just our support financially in their studies, clothing, shelter and food.
Activity: 35
Well the one that can help underdeveoled countries is we. We can help them by donating some of their needs with bitcoin. We can do a charity and fund raising with bitcoin to allocate funds for them.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 360
You work in Insurance? Message me.
There are some Startup like MicroMoney or the Veteranus Coins that are targeting to help people in social need and I have talked to people in developing banks, which have a huge interest in blockchain in order to help people. The problem is more than the acceptance and professionalization of the cryptoscene than the willingness.
Pages:
Jump to: