Pages:
Author

Topic: can bitcoin pave the way to a democratic voting process? - page 2. (Read 978 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 526
There are several embryonic projects in this sense. They seek to create a structure using the blockchain idea to ensure safer and more transparent elections. But still, there is none that provides a robust system that can be used now. Many of these processes use the blockchain to only record the votes.
Now, the governance of Bitcoin is also sometimes questioned. Since there is no well-established voting system to decide the future of the project. It's kind of confusing to understand for who's coming in now.

But there are some projects like deCreded that seek to offer a governance system. With the users defining the future of the currency by vote. ETH failed when it tried to create the DAO. And many other projects are still centralized because they can not define the best way to introduce a voting system within the project.
Activity: 395
Merit: 129
Yes, I saw this https://polys.me/ system beeing developed. I hope one day we will be voting through something like that, without cheating or administrative power use.

There are other systems which are being developed, but they are likely to be never adopted because elections in the so called western democracies are partially rigged, so there is no interest in implementing a system which cannot be rigged.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
for the same there is Ethereum. Bitcoin only promotes this technology. But in General, on the basis of bitcoin, you can also make honest elections, which by the way have already been used in Europe
Activity: 294
Merit: 107
To be more specific, Blockchain (which is used also in Bitcoin) could be used for fair democrating voting process. It is a really good solution but I doubt that any government would agree to introduce it because they might lose next elections becaue of it (quite extreme example but it could apply to some countries). Some countries don't even allow voting using digital devices and everything is done on paper which makes forgery way easier. It will take years before the vast majority of democratic countries will have that solution implemented.
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
Yes, I saw this https://polys.me/ system beeing developed. I hope one day we will be voting through something like that, without cheating or administrative power use.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
has anyone thought about applying the bitcoin principles to an incorruptible voting system? put diebold out of business?
Pages:
Jump to: