Pages:
Author

Topic: Can bitcoin really save Greece? - page 11. (Read 10414 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
July 01, 2015, 11:09:20 AM
There are serious capital controls implemented in Greece right now:

You can only withdraw €60 from your bank account in one day, and no overseas transfers.
That's insane!

If they'd switch to btc - then there would be no problems with protecting their savings.
I mean, blockchain can't just close and say 'oh no, we aren't working today - come tomorrow' like banks in Greece currently do.
I don' think so! At first the gov wouldn't adopt bitcoin as national currency! Even they maybe consider this idea, they can't afford to buy enough number of bitcoin as reserve currency. They are desperate for cash to repay the loan! The ppl's money are stuck in the bank as well!
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
July 01, 2015, 11:07:43 AM
Of course it wont save them.. First they cant acces their money to buy bitcoin, second they don't enough places to spend coins, third everybody would be hacked ten times over..
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
July 01, 2015, 11:04:11 AM
There are serious capital controls implemented in Greece right now:

You can only withdraw €60 from your bank account in one day, and no overseas transfers.
That's insane!

If they'd switch to btc - then there would be no problems with protecting their savings.
I mean, blockchain can't just close and say 'oh no, we aren't working today - come tomorrow' like banks in Greece currently do.
Pages:
Jump to: