Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin trading be my sole source of income? - page 11. (Read 1300 times)

Activity: 2478
Merit: 644
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
There is no doubt that you can earn maximum profit from bitcoin but I think leaving your job and depend solely on bitcoin is a dangerous decision because you will earn a certain salary after a month but in bitcoin there is no possibility that you will definitely earn money on regular basis.

Why you don't save little cash from your salary and then make investment? It will be better for you and don't make a sudden decision because you will leave your job and if you don't know how to handle bitcoin investment then it will be difficult for you to make your life easy by earning.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Revolutionized copy gaming platform
As a young person, I am overwhelmed by my curiosity in trading Bitcoin, but I'm not sure if it is appropriate for me to resign my white collar work and return to trading exclusively Bitcoin.

This was a conversation a buddy of mine and I had yesterday, and I felt compelled to bring it to this illustrious platform for the best types of advice and counsel.

Is it safe for a Bitcoin trader to quit their jobs and focus solely on Bitcoin trading if they can devote their time and attention to maximize the benefits in the Bitcoin world?

I hate to say this but making Bitcoin trading as your only sole source of income is not a good idea. You know the reason why? Bitcoin is volatile and unpredictable and you may not know when it will go up or down without warning.

You cannot command Bitcoin to go up or down the next minute, hour, day or so. It is decided by the buyers and sellers worldwide.

You can just make this as a side hustle and only spend an extra amount that you can afford to lose. Never go all-in with your salary or life savings if you want to get in to Bitcoin trading.
Activity: 840
Merit: 569
As a young person, I am overwhelmed by my curiosity in trading Bitcoin, but I'm not sure if it is appropriate for me to resign my white collar work and return to trading exclusively Bitcoin.

This was a conversation a buddy of mine and I had yesterday, and I felt compelled to bring it to this illustrious platform for the best types of advice and counsel.

Is it safe for a Bitcoin trader to quit their jobs and focus solely on Bitcoin trading if they can devote their time and attention to maximize the benefits in the Bitcoin world?

Before considering quitting your job and to make Bitcoin your sole source of income, there are certain things that need be in place which includes;
You must have good understanding and the practical knowledge of trading Bitcoin and too must know how volatile that Bitcoin is to actually trade. secondly the amount of money which you are starting with will determine your profit... And in order not to regret or hurt yourself, ensure you are trading with your funds and not a borrowed money, you should also consider such money as money which you can afford to lose anytime. Finally, do not quit your job, do both until when you have started seeing good results and consider yourself experienced to trade then it will be a nice time to have this decision.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 594
Yes you can make it as a source of income only if you are knowledgeable on it, have a proven track record or stable profits over time and lastly if you can take risk and accept loses. There are a lot of people out there that they are making bitcoin as their source of income but they are not only trading bitcoin it is also other altcoins , but if you are newbie to trading and planning to shift career, it is not a good idea, it is better to make it your side hustle first because it is not always profitable when you are just establishing your strategy.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 758

It is certainly possible, to make a living from trading but only you can give the correct answer to this question. Everything, exclusively everything depends on you. How skilled you are, how disciplined you will be and how dedicated you will be to the whole job.

Judging by what and how you write, I would rather say that you are a beginner than an experienced trader. In that case, you certainly cannot rely only on income from the trade, because there are no guarantees and you have a long learning way ahead of you. The moment you are ready to be independent and rely only on your trading skills, trust me you will not need this kind of advice from anyone.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Trading is indeed a great way to make money; it has immense capabilities, and the opportunities are endless. However, you don't sound like an experienced user, and even someone advanced should under no circumstances depend solely on trading or even cryptocurrencies in general as their source of income. This rule applies to pretty much everything; you should never put all your eggs in one basket because it increases the risk of getting screwed over.

I'm not claiming that trading isn't worth it; it is if you know what you're doing. However, it should be something to be considered extra and not a main source of income. You should always have at least one steady stream before doing anything.
Activity: 854
Merit: 539
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

If you're a newbie to bitcoin trading then don't ever try this because you will get frustrated especially when you need financial income flow and things were not happening as you've expected, bitcoin  trading is of no doubt a profitable investment but we nust also considers that it's not every time that this occurs, we also stand a chance to risk our income source in case of times trading is not working for us, but the best thing to do is to always have business alternative.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1853
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
It is better for you to continue with your work for the time being and do trading alongside your job, that is better now. Through your job, you can constantly support your trading capital until it forms a good capital that you can rely on.

When you gain good experience and get a good capital that you can withstand in case you suffer any big loss, you must bear in mind that you may suffer a big loss and therefore you must have a reserve.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 448
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
You have to judge or correct yourself about bitcoin trading and what you need to know is that you still have to have a lot of bitcoin trading knowledge, capital, effort and consistency to do it, and also have to do it full time to analyze. And besides, have you ever done it and made a decent profit trading daily, weekly, or monthly, and you should seriously consider doing it because you would be sacrificing your job to go out and trade full time.
and indeed many of them were successful after they decided to only focus on bitcoin trading, but some failed. And this is what you have to do research to find the truth and failures in their trading for you to learn, and the answers are within you especially your qualities in trading.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
#SWGT CERTIK Audited

You are a young man you understand the importance of digital skills and you know that practical life is not the bed of roses so digital skills are gonna play a vital role in your financial position but leaving the white collar job for Bitcoin trading is not at all appropriate. Trading is a side skill if you don't have good investment capital even if you own decent capital still I won't recommend you.

Learning more skills is important you can't just rely on Bitcoin trading or crypto trading because the market has many modes where times its volatility disappears for months and the market bears long-run pressure and you may not be able to afford such a situation if your only way of income is Bitcoin.

Activity: 714
Merit: 30
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

Yes, but it is not advised if you lack sufficient knowledge of Bitcoin trading.

Giving up your job to pursue Bitcoin trading is extremely risky; there are a lot of unknowns and potential outcomes, both positive and negative. If you're fortunate, you'll encourage others to follow your example, but if you're not, you'll be the one telling them not to try it because it is unreliable.
Activity: 602
Merit: 129
Engaging in trading while young and in need of income for expenses may not be a wise decision, as it could interfere with one's employment. If trading begins to affect one's job, it's recommended to stop trading and focus on finding better employment to meet financial needs. Once expenses can be met with income, one can consider diversifying investments by allocating some money towards trading, such as Bitcoin, during spare time or vacation. However, one should carefully weigh the risks involved before making such a decision.
Activity: 966
Merit: 421
Bitcoindata.science
It depends on how committed you are towards making it through trading. Many in the past left their jobs and took to crypto trading as full time job and the succeeded and  others failed. You should rate your level of discipline as regards emotions and fear before knowing he next step to take from here. Trading is lucrative but it entails a whole lot.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
Others have already pointed out how risky and unwise the decision is. I'll just remind you that even if you can spend 24/7 in front of a trading terminal, what you get daily is absolutely not guaranteed. I'd not rely on such a volatile income regardless of how good I am at doing that, I doubt any big traders do the same thing. You can probably start acting that way if you can spend a thousand dollars easily and never going to get into trouble even if you lose everything. Heck, some professional traders/brokers get paid to trade.

If your job is quite decent, save some money and use that money to buy BTC every month or just do a weekly trade or something similar. The profit might be smaller but it will save you from stressing over a miss in 1% pump every day.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 831
With Bitcoin, you should start with investment that means holding it long time to take profit. To hold your bitcoins and don't be liquidated, margin called, self shake your hands, you must invest with your own money, not borrow money from someone to do that.

If you start with trading, you will take big risk and very possibly you will end with failure, debt and your life will not be easy.

Only trading if you have profit from investment and after have a few years in this market especially after you experience two years of Bitcoin bear market in its market cycle which is 4 years.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
It is not recommended to give up your primary job until trading itself becomes your primary source of earnings. Profit and loss are an inseparable part of the trading game, and if you do not have a job, the losses can be overwhelming.
Activity: 139
Merit: 36

I saw some statistics that confirms most of traders are not profitable in the long term. The funny thing about trading is, it seems easy. You buy low, and sell high. In reality it is very difficult.

Now, since you are asking us, I assume you don't have (or you have very limited) experience in trading. Then the answer is don't quit your job. However, keep learning and see if you can be a trader. 
Activity: 406
Merit: 443
This would be the stupidest thing you might do in your life, you are young and therefore you need a cent to collect whether you collect that money through the job or through trading, if trading interferes with your job then it is better to leave trading. If the job is not enough for your basic expenses, look for a better job and develop your skills, when your expenses are greater than your income, then you will be able to start dividing your money and put part of it in Bitcoin and trade in your free time. If it is necessary, then try it on vacation. Is it worth the risk or not?
Activity: 812
Merit: 675

It is quite risky to do that even while trading has high prospects and many people have succeeded in it and are currently prospering. You cannot quit your white-collar work and solely rely on trading because you are new to trading and possibly bitcoin altogether. It has both terrible and beneficial effects, and if you're unprepared, they could cause you to lose all of your riches.

You say you're still young, so I'll give you some advice: take things easy, pay more attention to your job, and learn how to trade progressively before you become an expert trader and decide whether or not to rely entirely on trading as a source of income.
Activity: 41
Merit: 3
It depends on how good you are with trading and what kind of capital you bring to the table.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 264
You're still young like you mentioned. Better save up for your white collar work and keep at it instead of resigning to trade. I am going to tell ya that it's going to be a mess once you started trading Bitcoin. I did day trade back in the days just like the story I mentioned in every trading related discussion and believe me that you'll be hella exhausted at the end of the day and it ain't just worth it.

It's possible like examplens mentioned, but it is going to be a sloppy experience for ya. You could do trading as a side income as long as is it not breaching your contract in the company you're working at. If your 9-5 is not really paying well, it might be better to just job hop.

For me it's going to be hard if you are just going to rely on bitcoin trading as your sole source of income. We have heard this before, there are beginner traders in 2017 wherein they thought that they can just make huge money on trading because that time we are in a bull run. So not sure what happen to those who resign from their regular job and solely focus on bitcoin trading.

Because as we all know, market is very volatile, it could be a day that you make money but possible that you can lose more in the long run. So very difficult in the beginning, and if you don't have experience, then it's better to just take it easy, in my opinion.
This is exactly me except it was around 2018, if I can recall correctly and I was day trading that time. It's just not worth it. The money isn't just worth it if your mental health is screwed at the end of the day.
Pages:
Jump to: