Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin Volatility Be Controlled? - page 5. (Read 12118 times)

Activity: 95
Merit: 0
March 17, 2018, 05:40:28 AM
I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?

Well, it's hard to imagine how you can control volatility of Bitcoin. It's based on the number of  BTC buyers and sellers. You can't pressure someone to cancel the purchase of BTC  Grin
Activity: 145
Merit: 2
March 17, 2018, 04:39:30 AM
volatilition of bitcoin is can not controlled be controlled because you can not control the demand of people Who selling, buying  or production bitcoin. In another way bitcoin is decentralized as long as there is demand in the market so bitcoin volatility is still  exist
Activity: 1428
Merit: 252
March 17, 2018, 02:08:24 AM
If we calculate the current bitcoin marketcap is more than $ 180 billion, if we want to control the price of course it takes more than $ 90 billion and I'm sure no one would dare to take that risk so I'm sure that the price is natural and real.
Activity: 106
March 17, 2018, 01:09:25 AM
Does having limited supply makes the price volatile? i think while demand go ups and downs and supply remains constant makes  the price so volatile.
Activity: 356
Merit: 14
https://exiptoken.io/
March 17, 2018, 01:03:08 AM
The volatility of Bitcoin has been a topical issue in some time. the size of some of the prices of the financial assets varies over time, monitoring the volatility level will help a person understand the behavior of risky assets.

If Bitcoin volatility decreases, eating incoming and outgoing conversion costs of digital currency will decrease as well.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
March 17, 2018, 12:46:01 AM
Most people in this thread said that no one can control bitcoin's volatility. So, how can bitcoin be a main currency in the next time? It has high risk to hold much bitcoin. Or we can decided that it's a digital asset only till end of century?
Well bitcoin is an unstable currency and it is being use as currency even now, people are accepting bitcoin they are using it to buy all kind of good and it is very clear that bitcoin will be the next legal currency worldwide, nothing can make bitcoin down it use to grow and it will grow popularity of bitcoin is high even not just because it is high in price, bitcoin price use to grow high ad sometime it get down so it is very important to know the right time to be in bitcoin, rise and fall of bitcoin is quite natural so no need to be worry, about it, we will see bitcoin as legal currency just because it is very beneficial.
Bitcoin is an unstable currency because of the demand and supply, actually bitcoin is a new currency. Demand for bitcoin is continuously increasing which is making bitcoin more volatile. In fact currently most of the people use bitcoin for trading purpose or holding it for long time for the price increase therefore we always see fluctuation in the price of bitcoin.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
March 16, 2018, 04:10:28 PM
Most people in this thread said that no one can control bitcoin's volatility. So, how can bitcoin be a main currency in the next time? It has high risk to hold much bitcoin. Or we can decided that it's a digital asset only till end of century?
Well bitcoin is an unstable currency and it is being use as currency even now, people are accepting bitcoin they are using it to buy all kind of good and it is very clear that bitcoin will be the next legal currency worldwide, nothing can make bitcoin down it use to grow and it will grow popularity of bitcoin is high even not just because it is high in price, bitcoin price use to grow high ad sometime it get down so it is very important to know the right time to be in bitcoin, rise and fall of bitcoin is quite natural so no need to be worry, about it, we will see bitcoin as legal currency just because it is very beneficial.
Activity: 98
March 16, 2018, 09:24:02 AM
Activity: 473
Merit: 100
March 08, 2018, 10:37:56 AM
The forces behind the Bitcoin Volatility like Demand and Supply elasticity, Bigwhales and their monopolistic effects, outrageous grapevine capable of chasing out investors are all imaginary like mirage which can not be controlled. Few of them can just be manover,.
Activity: 182
Merit: 14
March 08, 2018, 10:27:06 AM
Making a bank would definitely solve this problem. If a central bank could regulate the supply and the interest rates, then the prices would stay relatively stable.

The making of the bank would ruin the whole meaning of the Bitcoin as the decentralized coin. The government hasn't created the Bitcoin and you must already know that the banks are controlled by the government.

Authorities would for sure be glad if they could control the flow of the Bitcoin, actually if they could control the whole supply and make limitation to their own advantage.

Bitcoin volatility is still going through the changes and a lot more time needs to pass for us to see the stagnation and maybe the stabilization of the fluctuations. Bitcoin controlled by the banks is a bad idea.
Activity: 156
March 08, 2018, 08:20:43 AM
I don't think bitcoin volatility can be controlled because volatility are base at the supply and demand of bitcoin at the market. That's why bitcoin price value may go up when supply is at less and sometimes all of a sudden goes down because there's a huge wave of withdrawals in bitcoin at the market. Also we cannot control investors of bitcoin of when they start to buy and when they are going sell or trades it. That's why volatility for me cannot be controlled.
Activity: 315
Merit: 15
March 08, 2018, 08:05:17 AM
I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?
I don't think so, bitcoin's volatility will always be there no matter what happens and it will be uncontrollable since there's no one who handles it definitely. The only way we can contribute on improving its value is through staying faithful and keep on demanding it continuously. Always be careful on spreading knowledge when it comes to bitcoin and avoid making mistakes on spreading the news about it.
Activity: 207
March 08, 2018, 08:04:37 AM
I think the main way that unpredictability can be overseen is if bitcoin is being utilized by more individuals where there is less control of the few to manage the cost. This won't occur sooner rather than later as bitcoin is as yet an extremely youthful money and still in its advancement organize. In any case, as years pass by and more individuals can utilize it, the cost will achieve a point where it will balance out and just minor developments are to be seen.
Activity: 140
Merit: 2
March 08, 2018, 07:24:38 AM
Making a bank would definitely solve this problem. If a central bank could regulate the supply and the interest rates, then the prices would stay relatively stable.
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
March 08, 2018, 07:20:45 AM

I think we cannot control the bitcoin's volatilty because the price depends on the demands. When there are more investors than sellers, the price will move up. And when there are more sellers than investors, the price will drop. Just in my own opinion.
Activity: 714
Merit: 100
March 07, 2018, 03:59:24 AM
Bitcoin is on the way to become a worldwide payment method. If this happens in the future, I think the volatility will be controlled and the bitcoin value will be low. Right now, the market fluctuates continuously, without any barrier that can be made. In other words, it is beneficial to the investors as we do.

bitcoin is already a worldwide payment because almost all of the people in all parts of the world do now recognize and use it. but despite that , the volatility of bitcoin cant still be controlled because bitcoin is a decentralize  curreny and that means no one holds of controls it not even banks or governments. although there are countries that accepts and legalize the use of bitcoin but that doesnt mean bitcoin is not volatile on these countries.
Activity: 700
Merit: 553
March 07, 2018, 03:52:16 AM
The volatility of any currency can be controlled through artificial means, just like the fiat currencies. If you want to prevent the exchange rates from falling beyond a certain point, then you can hoard more of the currency and if you want to do just the opposite, then you can dump it.
Activity: 229
March 07, 2018, 03:34:04 AM
Bitcoin is on the way to become a worldwide payment method. If this happens in the future, I think the volatility will be controlled and the bitcoin value will be low. Right now, the market fluctuates continuously, without any barrier that can be made. In other words, it is beneficial to the investors as we do.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
March 07, 2018, 03:09:29 AM
Volatility of Bitcoin cannot be controlled by any means as of now, may be after 10 or 15 years it is possible because if all the countries and governments accept Bitcoin or reject Bitcoin then volatility will be controlled. I think both is not possible for another 10 to 15 years from now.
Activity: 23
March 07, 2018, 02:57:28 AM
volatility is mainly due to banning and inacceptance of btcs as currency. IF it is not banned then volatility may be controlled
Pages:
Jump to: