Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin Volatility Be Controlled? - page 9. (Read 12118 times)

Activity: 419
Merit: 100
February 26, 2018, 06:08:12 AM
It will take time to control the volatility of bitcoins as bitcoins are still in its infancy stage and more people need to enter the bitcoin market and the price should be stable, there are still chances for the price of bitcoins to increase and price will be stable after mining all the bitcoins in such a situation the volatility can be controlled and bitcoins will be considered as the mainstream currency all through out the world.
Activity: 156
Merit: 14
February 26, 2018, 06:03:47 AM
I believe that it can not be controlled, the price of a bitcoin is determined by supply and demand. When the demand for bitcoins increases, the price increases, and when demand falls, the price goes down. There is only a limited number of bitcoins in circulation and new bitcoins are created at a predictable and decreasing rate, which means that the demand must follow this level of inflation to keep the price stable. Because Bitcoin is still a relatively small market compared to what it could be, it does not take large amounts of money to raise or lower the market price, and therefore, the price of a bitcoin remains very volatile.
Activity: 479
Merit: 105
February 26, 2018, 05:57:12 AM
Volatility can be in control when the people who hold most bitcoin make a group, because the bitcoin price is determined by the demand of the user so that it can make the volitility to the control is its bitcoin user.
When a person sell during the low price in market, they are supporting the dumps and make the bitcoin for more deep in the market. Volatility is not controllable by anyone. It depends on how the investors react on the market values. The ups and downs of the bitcoin price gives opportunity to everyone to gain profit.
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising
February 26, 2018, 05:40:32 AM
Just like decentralization,volatility is the nature of bitcoin.Due to decentralization,there is no central authority to control bitcoin price.So bitcoin price reflects its original value.Bitcoin price increases or decreases directly in proportion to increase or decrease in demand for bitcoin.It is due to this volatile nature traders make profits.So bitcoin volatility could not be controlled by any means.

Bitcoin volatility cannot be control why? Because its base on the number of investor. The value of bitcoin goes up and down which is normal. The best way we can do is let us help introduce bitcoin in order it will be known to all people.
Activity: 226
Merit: 26
February 25, 2018, 04:26:12 PM
We cannot do anything with things that are natural which is volatility in cryptocurrency. It is indeed a bit of a downside on investments but to think that the dips are just temporary, surely a smart investor will earn huge profit out of this uncertainty by just buying at the dumps and to sell whenever uts market value is rising. So it is not totally a bad thing.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
February 25, 2018, 02:34:03 PM
I doubt very much that crypto-currencies at the current initial, "wild" phase of their lives can be stable. If they do not collapse, then their volatility will inevitably decrease.
Activity: 182
February 24, 2018, 08:03:13 AM
No, The volatility depends on the demand and supply. When the demand is high the price is rising if the holder of bitcoin see they will have good profits if they start selling and the price is falling. Although you're trying to manipulate supply and demand with big capital, it's not going to work right now because very large bitcoin users today.
Activity: 434
Merit: 104
February 24, 2018, 12:54:50 AM
In my own opinion bitcoin volatility cannot be controlled because there are so many users of bitcoin the fact that the system is decentralized it means no one controlling it. So i think the demand and supply dictate what will be the price.
Activity: 420
Merit: 50
February 23, 2018, 10:44:08 PM
I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?
Actually, we can not control volatility. Price fluctuation of altcoin based on whales. They have a lot of money and controlling the crypto market is simple. So let's collect information related to crypto and from there we can judge if the market is going up or down. That is my experience of the crypto market. Hope you will refer to it.

No one can controlled bitcoin's price because it certainly fluctuating the market. Bitcoin is decentralized it is based from demand and supply and also it was related to the volatility which no one knows when it increases or decreases it was manipulated by whales .
Activity: 728
Merit: 11
https://streamies.io/
February 23, 2018, 09:27:57 PM
I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?
Actually, we can not control volatility. Price fluctuation of altcoin based on whales. They have a lot of money and controlling the crypto market is simple. So let's collect information related to crypto and from there we can judge if the market is going up or down. That is my experience of the crypto market. Hope you will refer to it.
Activity: 182
February 23, 2018, 09:16:30 PM
Bitcoin volatility I think cannot be controlled because it has its own system that cannot be manipulated by anyone in a first place it decentralized and just because its price goes up an down does not mean it can now be control by anyone just to earn a big profit
Activity: 812
Merit: 11
February 23, 2018, 08:19:04 PM

I think to control something like bitcoin that decentralized is hard to do. The concept of bitcoin is decentralized, so I think its hard to control price something who have high volatile because we cant control what people mind on price bitcoin they want to sell or buy
Activity: 238
February 23, 2018, 08:12:29 PM

Honestly speaking and in my own opinion, bitcoin volatility is very hard to control or impossible to control. Bitcoin is decentralized and you don't even know who owns a lot of bitcoin. If a group of whales wants to create a scenario wherein he wants to say bitcoin's value dip to a certain price, he can do that because he himself has the control on when to dump his crypto. Whales are the biggest manipulator of cryptocurrency and they are the once causing volatility.
Activity: 98
Merit: 17
February 23, 2018, 07:45:37 PM
I think Bitcoin Volatility can not be controlled because In the free market everyone sets the price. so it becomes constantly variable.
For me volatility is one of the features of bitcoin due to its decentralized nature.it ia difficult to control due to this nature, traders gain profits by trading and now manipulation could not be done. Volatility could not be controlled since bitcoin price differs as per variation in demand for bitcoins.
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
February 23, 2018, 07:43:36 PM

No, We cannot control the volatility of bitcoin that's why a lot of business specially online business don't accept bitcoin because of its volatility. There's no way to control it because we are the reason why bitcoin is volatile. So i think it is far to happen that it can be controlled.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 504
February 23, 2018, 07:27:06 PM
The reason why some people are preventative on adopting bitcoin is the only obstacle of volatility with it.
On the other side, most people like bitcoin because of regular ups and downs. If there is no volatility in butcoin, ut would stuck at a stable price just like we see in fiat cureencies, so the volatility must be along bitcoin to earn you profits
If Bitcoin does not have this volatility and become an asset has stable value as Gold, it will be a currency for the world, it will not be an asset like now to trading and make money. You will also can not earn anything from Bitcoin at that time. Stable price make the investor stop to invest more.
The cause behind that is someone is controlling the price volatility of gold or the physical assets. There is no impossible for them to control as long as a person has a power to manage it by having a large amount of it. Its like a government fiat which they are in control because of having it and the big difference only is digital currency will not be like any fiat.
Activity: 1048
Merit: 101
February 23, 2018, 07:23:21 PM
Volatility can be in control when the people who hold most bitcoin make a group, because the bitcoin price is determined by the demand of the user so that it can make the volitility to the control is its bitcoin user.
Activity: 294
February 23, 2018, 07:13:13 PM

I think volitality is something we can not control since the majority of bitcoin shares is not in our hand thus we have out of control of it. However this is somthing can be lessen if we will all work together to widespread crypto currency.
Yes. I think it can't be controlled. Bitcoin is based on decentralised system and there are no one to controlled it. As bitcoin is decentralized and there is massive adoption that market is depends on the users.
Activity: 432
Merit: 250
February 23, 2018, 07:02:17 PM
The reason why some people are preventative on adopting bitcoin is the only obstacle of volatility with it.
On the other side, most people like bitcoin because of regular ups and downs. If there is no volatility in butcoin, ut would stuck at a stable price just like we see in fiat cureencies, so the volatility must be along bitcoin to earn you profits
If Bitcoin does not have this volatility and become an asset has stable value as Gold, it will be a currency for the world, it will not be an asset like now to trading and make money. You will also can not earn anything from Bitcoin at that time. Stable price make the investor stop to invest more.
Activity: 238
February 22, 2018, 10:26:03 PM

As per the price range, it seems like people does control it, did you saw btc going over 18K and then a fall of it's 1/3 price... amazing.
Pages:
Jump to: