Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin wallets goes down ? - page 2. (Read 1482 times)

staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
July 26, 2015, 12:06:51 PM
Gracias Muhammed once again but you just made me afraid more then ever.
If I have Hardware issues , does that mean that wallet.dat could get corrupted at one point and I won't be able to restore my Bitcoins ? or what wallet.dat is nothing completed just some strings that can be viewed with HEX or something ?
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
July 26, 2015, 05:36:34 AM
That's all I needed to know because Bitcoin Core eats shitload of CPU and I can't run multiple things on my PC while running and wanted to switch so just checking .
for what comes to your question Muhammed Zakir then I'am using Windows 8.1 Proffessional 64 bits & Bitcoin Core version v0.10.0 (64-bit) . Yes I didn't do the last update for my wallet since I'am waiting Windows 10 in three days and not sure if I'am going to stick with Bitcoin Core or go with Lightweight wallet . any advices are appreciated though.

But I don't think that the problem on my issue is having the 0.10.0 version since It was stable , nah ?

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/a/12206 might be helpful to you.

I'am not sure what that Hitman pro is {...}

http://www.surfright.nl/en
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
July 26, 2015, 05:35:12 AM
Every program (online or in your computer) van go down. The problem is if it will be restored after or not. If hardware in your computer it will be damaged physically your program it is gone forever. But you can backup its important data and so you will not lost anything or only a few things (the time passed from the last backup). While the online programs normally made backups every hour so nothing can be lost.

This is worth for the bitcoins wallet too. If they will go down they will be restored and nothing bad will happen.
staff
July 26, 2015, 05:33:36 AM
some times it do this at random, the issue would have to do with antivirus but it is not certain, for example i know that with malwarebyte and hitman pro it work great because i'm running those two with bitcoin core, try to run the last version just to see if it fix your issue

I'am not sure what that Hitman pro is but I'am using Malwarebytes and it's not working great (If it have any relation with it of course )
I keep having all those issues with the Core which makes me think I may be infected and that's why I wanna wipe PC as soon as Windows 10 comes out , also as you see here , another problem i had : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-sync-is-not-moving-anymore-39-hours-1129075
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
July 26, 2015, 05:28:56 AM
some times it do this at random, the issue would have to do with antivirus but it is not certain, for example i know that with malwarebyte and hitman pro it work great because i'm running those two with bitcoin core, try to run the last version just to see if it fix your issue
staff
July 26, 2015, 05:13:04 AM
That's all I needed to know because Bitcoin Core eats shitload of CPU and I can't run multiple things on my PC while running and wanted to switch so just checking .
for what comes to your question Muhammed Zakir then I'am using Windows 8.1 Proffessional 64 bits & Bitcoin Core version v0.10.0 (64-bit) . Yes I didn't do the last update for my wallet since I'am waiting Windows 10 in three days and not sure if I'am going to stick with Bitcoin Core or go with Lightweight wallet . any advices are appreciated though.

But I don't think that the problem on my issue is having the 0.10.0 version since It was stable , nah ?
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
July 26, 2015, 05:05:37 AM
Armory connect to local Bitcoin Core and it does not need any server to send/receive Bitcoin.

Electrum connects to servers created by others and it is very unlikely for all the servers to go down. However, if such a situation arises, you can use your seed to recover Bitcoin.

Obviously, Bitcoin survives because of full nodes and for that, currently, either Bitcoin Core or Bitcoin XT needs to be run. So it can't.

-snip-
(Unless we still can run them to export private keys , not sure how it works) {...}

Only Electrum need server but private keys are stored locally. So you don't need to worry!

I want to know something important , I'am really struggling with this Bitcoin Core because each time I close it and re-open it , it tells me that the data has been corrupted on the database and I need to do the reindexing another time which sucks and it really takes a lot of time (UP to two days sometimes).

Which OS and Bitcoin Core are you using?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
July 26, 2015, 04:39:55 AM
I'm only familiar with Electrum and QT. Basically if all of their servers go down you just open the wallet and export the private keys.
It's pretty simple, however I still prefer using Bitcoin Core. You can never encounter such a situation with it. Anyhow, the chances that all Electrum servers will go down at once is very low.
staff
July 26, 2015, 04:35:48 AM
I want to know something important , I'am really struggling with this Bitcoin Core because each time I close it and re-open it , it tells me that the data has been corrupted on the database and I need to do the reindexing another time which sucks and it really takes a lot of time (UP to two days sometimes).

So my question is can Bitcoin wallets goes down ? I mean Armory & Electrum & Multibit mostly , I know they are open source but do they need server connection or something ? I mean if there servers goes down are we going to be able to them or our BTC will be lost forever ? (Unless we still can run them to export private keys , not sure how it works) same goes for Bitcoin Core it can go down or it can't ? Shocked just want to know if they rely on a server or something that can be hacked .
Pages:
Jump to: