Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Crypto be more valuable than gold? - page 7. (Read 5086 times)

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447
I think currently the price of bitcoin has beaten the price of gold and in my opinion bitcoin is more valuable than gold, whereas altcoins still can't do that because currently only a few altcoins have high prices because they get very strong investor support.
the current bitcoin price is already very expensive, so I feel that way too. although there are still many people who think that gold is much more valuable, but, in fact, nowadays people are still looking for bitcoins, even the number is increasing. besides, the price of gold didn't grow that much in 5 years, but the price of bitcoin really did grow in a short period of time.
TWW
Activity: 1456
Merit: 109
Isn't the current bitcoin price also very expensive compared to gold, and gold also has high fluctuations. the difference is only when gold has been recognized by all countries and all societies, but gold has an infinite supply, different with bitcoin
gold is not as volatile as bitcoin. if you compare the price of course bitcoin becomes a better attraction than gold. but if you look at the risks of investing in gold, it is clearly superior because the market movement is slower than bitcoin.

if the question is which one is better. I think all of that is subjective. when you ask people who like to invest in gold, of course, gold is better. but if you ask a crypto investor then you can guess how the answer from that investor.

both are good in my opinion because I also keep precious metals like gold. and I also trade in the crypto market. both provide long-term and short-term benefits for me.
copper member
Activity: 2156
Merit: 536
Building my own Dreams!
I have thought that one key advantage crypto (bitcoin, litecoin, Dash, monero etc.) has over gold is that its supply level is fixed and transparent, but can this or features make crypto more valuable than gold?

According to definitely this makes it more valuable.
As you know many assets follow the rule of supply and demand , same happens with cryptos too.
When we know that the crypto has a fixed amount present in the market and the demand of the coin is more, thus it makes the increase of the price of the coin, making the coin more valuable.
It’s just the basic law when you buy or sell an antique peace.
So yes Crypto will be definitely more valuable than gold and very soon everyone will accept it.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 253
Of course it will happen in the near future, even though the price of crypto still volatile i think BTC has big potential to be more valuable than gold. But for any other alts i think it will take a long time to more valuable than gold.
Isn't the current bitcoin price also very expensive compared to gold, and gold also has high fluctuations. the difference is only when gold has been recognized by all countries and all societies, but gold has an infinite supply, different with bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007
Degen in the Space
I have thought that one key advantage crypto (bitcoin, litecoin, Dash, monero etc.) has over gold is that its supply level is fixed and transparent, but can this or features make crypto more valuable than gold?

Of course, crypto such as Bitcoin is more valuable than Gold. Unless you ask those who are not familiar with Crypto. Gold is also very rare, and difficult to obtain, but so far there has been no gold price that has increased to $500.
Actually, it depends, but it's feasible that in the near future, crypto will be more valuable than gold. Gold, like bitcoin, is extremely scarce and limited, but most people are pragmatic and prefer tangible goods to intangibles like bitcoin. However, if bitcoin continues to increase, I am confident that it will become more profitable and will soon overtake gold.

Today, the majority of people are interested in technology and are open to employing a variety of applications, including crypto, thus I believe that crypto will outperform any tangible asset.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 604

Of course, crypto such as Bitcoin is more valuable than Gold. Unless you ask those who are not familiar with Crypto. Gold is also very rare, and difficult to obtain, but so far there has been no gold price that has increased to $500.

it could be, but at the moment, gold is more valuable than crypto according to its marketcap.

As you can see in https://8marketcap.com/

Gold is currently at $11.189 T, rank number 1, while bitcoin is $680.25 B rank number 10.
If bitcoin will grow in the long run, it will certainly surpass gold.
Activity: 812
Merit: 101
Precisely no one can claim that it will be so. Cryptocurrencies are moving forward and conquering the market. They are increasingly being used in various spheres of the economy. But gold is also a valuable product and is used in many technological developments. So no one will give a definite answer.

Yes, both are valuable objects today that are a means of investment, the difference is that crypto refers more to market circulation, where crypto can be a means of payment in various transactions, gold is more likely to be a luxury item even anything wrapped in gold will be of high value, not only pure gold bar. Both will have their place.
Activity: 543
Merit: 250
Nope, gold is well established as a currency and more importantly is the financial strength of a country depends on its gold reserves. I am never heard of a country whose  financial resources depend on cryptocurrency reserves.
I admit that some cryptocurrencies now have a higher market value than gold, but i don't think this proves anything. The price of cryptocurrencies has changed too much, and their recognition is far less than gold's in people's minds.

Cheesy It almost broke my brain to read your comment. Countries rely on their gold reserves, interesting. And gold is used as a currency, also interesting. If you have any book recommendations for me, I would be more than happy to receive them as quickly as possible. It is always good to broaden your own horizon and I must admit I have never heard about the stuff you are talking about. 
fvb
Activity: 1470
Merit: 13
Precisely no one can claim that it will be so. Cryptocurrencies are moving forward and conquering the market. They are increasingly being used in various spheres of the economy. But gold is also a valuable product and is used in many technological developments. So no one will give a definite answer.
Activity: 243
Merit: 100
Nope, gold is well established as a currency and more importantly is the financial strength of a country depends on its gold reserves. I am never heard of a country whose  financial resources depend on cryptocurrency reserves.
I admit that some cryptocurrencies now have a higher market value than gold, but i don't think this proves anything. The price of cryptocurrencies has changed too much, and their recognition is far less than gold's in people's minds.
Activity: 658
Merit: 10
I think there is no point to thinking. The reason is as we all know some crypto coins already more valuable than gold at this time. But the when we think the security reasons It is better to hold gold that is physical item and countries are acceptable thank crypto.
Activity: 1932
Merit: 511
I think it can, because today we are in the age of technology, it is certain that bitcoin can beat gold in value. However, if the value is taken from the fundamentals of gold but will be the top. that's because gold is true of a nature that can not be renewed by humans, if bitcoin has many other cryptocurrencies. Gold has only a few rivals. And Gold is certainly very potential in the future.
Activity: 1050
Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi
Ant this point bgold us the biggest asset class available for investors. Marketcap of gold is way higher than bitcoin or whole crypto market. I think we should compare gold with bitcoin not with the whole market. And I think in few years (it will take a little bitt time) bitcoin will surely cross gold. The main reason is bitcoin is the investment of young eras. And also it's supply is fixed. So more people will educate about bitcoin the price go up and up. This is fixed for me that bitcoin will cross gold as a asset class but the question is when.
Activity: 1204
Crypto is not more valuable than gold but crypto can exceed the price of gold, so both have their respective functions and uses, because both of them cannot be used as a reference in terms of value, because there are their respective domains.
Yes, because crypto is just a room to work in terms of obtaining digital currency, while Gold is a real valuable item among all the goods in this world, so the valuation of value will certainly be very different in both.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 647
Is that you mean the marketcap? Currently marketcap of gold above $10 trillion, silver $1.4 trillion and Bitcoin reached $1 trillion a few aweek ago. I think Bitcoin is the most fastest asset that can reached $1 trillion marketcap compare others asset like bluechip stocks of Apple, Gold and silver. Bitcoin only need about 11 years to reached $1trillion marketcap, but others asset is more longer.
The best way to measure is through their marketcap, so yeah, that's probably what OP meant in his question. For me, I believe that crypto could be valuable or even higher in value in marketcap against gold. We are not seeing a massive adoption yet, and some predict that bitcoin could reach $1 million, so that price would already say that it will exceed the marketcap of gold.

It may take time but I believe it will happen, that's the motto of long-term investors, which is to HODL!
Activity: 910
Merit: 101
Crypto is not more valuable than gold but crypto can exceed the price of gold, so both have their respective functions and uses, because both of them cannot be used as a reference in terms of value, because there are their respective domains.
Activity: 476
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
Is that you mean the marketcap? Currently marketcap of gold above $10 trillion, silver $1.4 trillion and Bitcoin reached $1 trillion a few aweek ago. I think Bitcoin is the most fastest asset that can reached $1 trillion marketcap compare others asset like bluechip stocks of Apple, Gold and silver. Bitcoin only need about 11 years to reached $1trillion marketcap, but others asset is more longer.
Activity: 1204
It shows that the interest in cryptocurrencies literally exploded. If someone told you in 2013 that cryptocurrencies will exceed the value of all circulating cash in the United States, would you have said that you believe that? It is a comparison that puts a couple of things into perspective. For example comments from Jamie Dimon from JP Morgan who said crypto is going nowhere.
In 2013 I still didn't believe in cryptocurrency because at that time there weren't many people who were successful and tokens that were now popular and alive were just born at that time, so it still made it difficult for me to believe in cryptocurrency even though I had my intention in my heart have an interest in exploring it in depth.
Activity: 713
Merit: 252
I just read the news that all cryptocurrencies are worth more than there is circulating cash in the United States. $2.4 trillion for cryptocurrencies vs. roughly $2 trillion in cash circulating in the US. Here we go! Wink
So what's in it for us knowing that, even for me who doesn't live in the United States,
is it important to know or it will have a good effect on everyone in the world? try to explain more fully.

It shows that the interest in cryptocurrencies literally exploded. If someone told you in 2013 that cryptocurrencies will exceed the value of all circulating cash in the United States, would you have said that you believe that? It is a comparison that puts a couple of things into perspective. For example comments from Jamie Dimon from JP Morgan who said crypto is going nowhere.
Activity: 355
A p e S w a p ///$BANANA Farms
crypto cannot be equated with gold, but crypto has a greater price than gold, which is clear that its BITCOIN price exceeds gold, crypto has a very good future for the future. invest in crypto and choose the best crypto coin.
Pages:
Jump to: