Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Crypto be more valuable than gold? - page 10. (Read 5086 times)

Activity: 239
Merit: 17
I think this depends on the cryptocurrency you are talking about. In the case of Bitcoin for example, i believe 1BTC is already more expensive than 1 Bar of gold and the thing about cryptocurrencies is that we are still in the early stages of its adoption, meaning that there is still room for growth with more adoption and consumer usage. So i believe that in the long run cryptocurrencies will be more valuable than Gold.
copper member
Activity: 966
Merit: 5

To be frank, crypto might be valuable than gold not now nor in the future. The reason is this, gold is highly valuable right from time immemorial, many government of the world as well as many top organisations do not joke with it that is to show you how much of a value it has.
There is no doubt, crypto is valuable and as time goes on, the value will increase but also know that, the volatile nature of crypto will always make people use assets like gold to hedge their funds. Don't also be surprised to see people who will make profit from crypto and invest in other offline assets including gold, because most see crypto just like money while gold is an outstanding asset.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 871
Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures
Yes it can!

AFAIK cryptos today when compared with Real gold is considered to be digital gold which says both are high value assets.

But with time, owning real gold will be obsolete and millennials will be more likely to invest in crypto than the metal itself. Might not be millennials but technological advancements will make this possible.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 595
Yeh I think crypto and gold both are best at a time all of them has fixed supply like gold as you know gold has fixed supply in all around the world .
So we can't say than crypto is better than gold but in now time things going like that that we forced ourself to change our decision .
Now you can observe that bitcoin performing more than gold
Activity: 568
Merit: 108
everything relies upon utility of items and crypto. Right now, gold venture I'd far more than crypto. There are individuals who stlll loves actual treatment of the resource than digital.but as you said, cryptographic forms of money gives straightforwardness over gold and different products. Another side is that digital currencies has pulled in such countless con artists, while later has less odds of getting defrauded.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 250
1XBit.com
As a store of value cryptocurrencies more fungible then gold, it need less resources to safe it and to mined it of we compare to gold. It could probably better then gold. Imagine transfering $100million of gold from your country to another country, it can be done with bitcoin in a minutes.
In addition to making a fast transfer of assets from one wallet to another, bitcoin also has better price smoothness than gold, because the effect of bitcoin prices only depends on existing supply and demand, while the ups and downs of gold prices depend heavily on dollar price conditions, however even so, bitcoin and gold are two investment assets that are very profitable for us so instead of continuing to compare the two, it is better if we make gold and bitcoin as complementary assets as an investment today.
Activity: 560
Merit: 217
As a store of value cryptocurrencies more fungible then gold, it need less resources to safe it and to mined it of we compare to gold. It could probably better then gold. Imagine transfering $100million of gold from your country to another country, it can be done with bitcoin in a minutes.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 256
Lol, Gold was born for decades compared to bitcoin and crypto is just over 12 years old.  If it is imperative to compare, Gold is still the inviolable asset for all current needs, there are places where it still symbolizes the sacred.  But, bitcoin and crypto are just born and developed, many obstacles and challenges, but have shown that this land is very fertile, no surprise if in the future the value of bitcoin and crypto will surpass gold!
https://www.binance.com/en/blog/421499824684900809/Should-I-Buy-Bitcoin-or-Gold-A-Brief-Comparison-of-BTC-vs-XAU
The discussion in the article is clear and detailed. There are differences and similarities between bitcoin and gold.

Back to the question of the creators of the topic, will cryptocurrency be more valuable than gold?

quote from a binance article
"
It's important to note that the value of both assets could be endangered by future technological advancements that could either make them obsolete or easier to mine. Gold is also threatened by massive deposits stored outside of our planet, but that's going too far into the future. "
Activity: 209
Merit: 1
April 30, 2021, 07:43:29 PM
Crypto is already more valuable than gold. This year saw crypto getting more global adoption and people believing more in crypto which was thus a huge factor in making some of the crypto assets hit an ATH  records especially bitcoin, eth and the rest.
Activity: 260
April 30, 2021, 07:20:42 PM
Gold is really a nice investment but recently, crypto has had a large influx or better still a wider adoption by users who has seen and now believe in what it has to offer thus making certain or few crypto assets hitting new ATHs. I think currently, people value crypto more than gold
Activity: 109
April 30, 2021, 02:43:16 AM
It depends on definition. If we are talking just about price then crypto already was more valuable than gold.
However, that much more important, gold have much more use cases in real life and it valuable by itself as metal
Activity: 1960
Merit: 586
Free Crypto Faucet in Trustdice
April 30, 2021, 02:39:45 AM
I have thought that one key advantage crypto (bitcoin, litecoin, Dash, monero etc.) has over gold is that its supply level is fixed and transparent, but can this or features make crypto more valuable than gold?

I think gold is more valuable than crypto because the price of gold is stable and continues to rise every year making gold more preferred by the public than crypto. while crypto there are certain periods that can make people lose from it so crypto is more risky than gold.
between gold and cryptocurrency itself has a difference in investment so between bitcoin and gold are different instruments. do not equate the two as an investment tool. Gold has been around for hundreds of years and is proven during any condition. and bitcoin is too volatile and also when last year there was a crisis we can see bitcoin has experienced a fantastic decline

gold can indeed be used for long-term investment and is really real because the level of risk is not as big as bitcoin and traditional people still use investment in gold compared to bitcoin. whereas bitcoin I think more of as an investment at certain moments because of its fluctuating prices.
Activity: 227
Merit: 24
April 30, 2021, 02:07:56 AM
BTC is more valuable than Gold right now and many crypto projects will join soon, crypto is a work in progress and we are getting nearer to mass adoption finally, Gold is still a good investment choice but the future is just more into technology this days
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
April 30, 2021, 12:43:20 AM
Lol, Gold was born for decades compared to bitcoin and crypto is just over 12 years old.  If it is imperative to compare, Gold is still the inviolable asset for all current needs, there are places where it still symbolizes the sacred.  But, bitcoin and crypto are just born and developed, many obstacles and challenges, but have shown that this land is very fertile, no surprise if in the future the value of bitcoin and crypto will surpass gold!
https://www.binance.com/en/blog/421499824684900809/Should-I-Buy-Bitcoin-or-Gold-A-Brief-Comparison-of-BTC-vs-XAU
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
April 30, 2021, 12:13:30 AM
During the last 100-120 years, the purchasing power of gold has increased at a steady rate (despite the temporary ups and downs), and I expect this pattern to continue for the near future. The current dip in gold prices is due to holders of gold selling their coins and jewellery, due to difficult economic conditions resulting from the pandemic. IMO, this is a temporary phenomenon and the uptick should continue once the pandemic is contained. And that makes it difficult for cryptocurrency to overtake gold.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 269
April 29, 2021, 09:43:34 PM
I have thought that one key advantage crypto (bitcoin, litecoin, Dash, monero etc.) has over gold is that its supply level is fixed and transparent, but can this or features make crypto more valuable than gold?

I think gold is more valuable than crypto because the price of gold is stable and continues to rise every year making gold more preferred by the public than crypto. while crypto there are certain periods that can make people lose from it so crypto is more risky than gold.
between gold and cryptocurrency itself has a difference in investment so between bitcoin and gold are different instruments. do not equate the two as an investment tool. Gold has been around for hundreds of years and is proven during any condition. and bitcoin is too volatile and also when last year there was a crisis we can see bitcoin has experienced a fantastic decline
Activity: 753
Merit: 100
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
April 29, 2021, 07:50:20 PM

Activity: 861
Merit: 253
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
April 29, 2021, 12:57:24 PM
For me both are different from each other. Gold is
asset that can show more powerful and wealth. Crypto is not acceptable in many countries. It is intengible also . But what market saying is anything can possible . Any time crypto can be more valuable than gold .

Yes, they are really different both in their origin and in the realizable property. I just want to add the point that usefulness will depend only on the level and quality of life that we will have in the future. Agree that in a completely digital world, gold will have less value than digital products of various kinds. At the same time, in the world after some catastrophe in which there is no longer or little digital element of gold will be of much greater importance.
Activity: 1204
April 29, 2021, 12:41:35 PM
Because we don't enough infrastructure in place that could govern people on its own. It is a wild dream to believe that at this point in time we would be able to govern every aspect of like without having any government at all. I am not saying it will never be possible, but I believe there will also be some sort of governing body. Imagine in how many countries the military may decide to overtake control? It is not as easy as you think to just live without government.
I have never thought of living without a government because all the people in this world are in their respective countries with different systems of government so that the rules will always be different even though they have a body that will regulate this, so it is clear that all things will not be easy to happen although it is easy when it is said.
Activity: 1246
April 27, 2021, 09:42:43 AM
of course for now cryptocurrency is more valuable than gold, because the benefits gained from investing in crypto have multiplied and the process in my opinion is very fast even though the risk is very high compared to gold
so that's why the price of cryptocurrency is very fast when it goes up and down
In terms of profit, it is faster through cryptocurrency, but not all cryptocurrencies are valuable and good to hold, in contrast to gold even though the profit is very small but the risk is also very low, so gold is perfect for storing the value of the assets you already have.
Pages:
Jump to: