Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Ethereum Overthrown Bitcoin? - page 3. (Read 527 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
January 26, 2018, 09:44:53 AM
Ethereum is rising and i think it has a chance to beat bitcoin in terms of value.
Activity: 34
January 26, 2018, 09:00:04 AM
The difference in market growth is what drives some people to suggest that Ethereum quickly become Bitcoin's biggest rival for the top spot in the crypto world in Crete. Ethereum is only available for two years, while Bitcoin has been in the market for over a decade. Actually, Bitcoin's age may be a barrier and even sparked a debate about how to measure Bitcoin's network in order to accommodate the booming user pool of Bitcoin and the transaction gets very hot. With Bitcoin still relying on many of the original codes, other cryptocurrencies can take into account the pitfalls that Bitcoin experienced when developing their own systems.
Activity: 322
January 26, 2018, 08:53:13 AM
IMHO, bitcoin wins only in popularity. As soon as most learn about the eth, something unexpected can happen.
On the other hand, there are information about the development of smart contracts for bitcoin.
Activity: 145
January 26, 2018, 08:38:10 AM
Ethereum is really working great even until now, to overtake bitcoin is not easy to accomplish. Although the fee is high but bitcoin is the only crypto that accepted by most national exchange and this victory of bitcoin will always lead far away from all crypto.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
January 22, 2018, 12:05:45 AM
This is never going to happen.. you seriously need to stop saying that this is possible because it will NEVER happen unless that all the whales switch to ethereum (and this is almost impossible)
So no, this is not real.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
January 21, 2018, 11:34:29 PM
I think eth can overthrow bitcoin. see  more eth enthusiasts is not impossible for eth to overthrow bitcoin
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
January 21, 2018, 11:09:47 PM
Seems unlikely at this point. That does not mean that it isn’t possible Wink

everything is possible, yes.

but if wee see how the market worked theese days, it is also reasonable for us to say that it is impossible for ETH to surpass BTC...
ETH price falling for every dip that happened on BTC...
I think ETH won't reach BTC in price in the next 2-3 years...

Activity: 546
Merit: 250
January 21, 2018, 10:21:27 PM
As everyone of us know that eth is getting momentum due to the fact of low transactions fee and the features of smart contract....

Is it possible for eth to overtake bitcoin in price in nearest future?

I don't think so Eth could take over Bitcoin , BTC does have more investor against ETH , I might say both can move same way as they move in past .
bitcoin transaction's fee could be less in future !!!

Happy Trading
Thanks
Regards
Activity: 12
January 21, 2018, 08:39:46 PM
It can. There will also be other coins. Nost cryptocurrency now come with mostly empty promises. Spectre might be good if they can pull off actual total privacy. Telegram might put out an ICO which can be strong. The only thing I do not like about Ethereum is that it is creating all these ER-20 currencies which are gradually eroding its value. But that is its main function .That is  what gives it value. So while it can do so I do not think it will in value. In overall market capitalization it may. Other cryptos can come and they may do so.
Activity: 300
January 21, 2018, 08:09:53 PM
м
Activity: 1078
Merit: 342
Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly
January 21, 2018, 04:15:22 PM
Well, that is what I believe in. I am still faithful to bitcoin though and I believe in it as the transactions fee will be lowered in a matter of time. However, everything is based on a circle. The number five used to be the number five until it goes up to number one, and the later dropped off.

ETH is going on the right path and I believe it will surpass bitcoin and many people will rely on it. Yet, to realize that, it is going to take it so many years because bitcoin is still unknown. When it gets its fullest popularity, people will get bored of it and move to another cryptocurrency.
legendary
Activity: 973
Merit: 1053
January 21, 2018, 04:03:58 PM
There is still a strong community behind Bitcoin. This community continues to support Bitcoin. Why should you beat Bitcoin if Ethereum is at least as strong a community as Bitcoin?
Activity: 490
Merit: 105
January 21, 2018, 03:53:50 PM
In the world of coin nothing is obvious. but I need to be prepared for everything. it will not be obvious for him. eth btc is solid but can fall.be careful friends
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
January 21, 2018, 03:50:45 PM
No, it wont happen for now, the price of bitcoin is stable at the moment, while ethereum is just like how bitcoin was a few months ago.

Just give them some time, for me, ethereum will be between $1200 - $1500 for a while, but it would never be better than bitcoin.

i think it will happen in 2019
etherchain is really very solid and ether team is so hardworking.
so i tihink, ether will be the knig in 2019
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
January 21, 2018, 03:43:21 PM
As everyone of us know that eth is getting momentum due to the fact of low transactions fee and the features of smart contract....

ETH can be as popular as bibitcoin, but cannot overtake the place of bitcoin. Currently, 1 bitcoin worth more than 10 ETH with the current price from coinbase, which shows that ETH cannot meet BTC in price anytime soon.
ETH has all possibilities of being popular cause of the low transaction fee and the features of smart contract, but it taking BTC place is impossible.
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
January 21, 2018, 03:36:45 PM
No, it wont happen for now, the price of bitcoin is stable at the moment, while ethereum is just like how bitcoin was a few months ago.

Just give them some time, for me, ethereum will be between $1200 - $1500 for a while, but it would never be better than bitcoin.
Activity: 350
Merit: 105
January 21, 2018, 03:23:33 PM
Well, ethereum can't overthrown or overtake bitcoin. I can't imagine that the founder of all cryptocurrency can overtake any altcoins. Ethereum is good because of low transaction and smart contract but bitcoin is better for me.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
January 21, 2018, 03:22:04 PM

The most likely answer to this is a no, ETH is great because many tokens are based on ETH and this is why we see sometimes the trading volume of ETH being bigger than bitcoin, however ETH is not really used for anything more than that, while bitcoin despite the fees is still used as a currency, if ETH wants to surpass bitcoin it needs to do it fast before bitcoin gets the LN.
Activity: 35
Merit: 2
January 21, 2018, 03:01:55 PM
If Lighting Network for Bitcoin is not going to be enough to again have competitive transaction fees and transaction times I think it definitely can. If Lightning Network will be a success it will be very hard to overtake.
Activity: 126
January 21, 2018, 02:53:43 PM
I think it is unlikely that he will overtake bitcoins, but it's not a bad thing to rise in price, as his population is growing pretty well, and he's still quite in demand
Pages:
Jump to: