Pages:
Author

Topic: can gambling give you lessons in life? - page 31. (Read 12270 times)

Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
It sure can give you lesson in life. Like nothing in this life is permanent, So enjoy it while it last. And patience and discipline are virtues oneself should always put first.

That is how life is, we are going to experience different things first before we are going to learn lesson out of it. We are going to failed first before we are going to success, and this lesson will be our forever guide to the brighter future because of this, without the mistakes in our life, we can't be what we are right now, this failures is the one that made us strong.
This is the way it should work but believe me there are many people that should learn their life lessons and they simply refuse to do it, just look at the people that go to jail over and over again by stealing, one would think they should learn their lesson but they are too set on their ways to change, they have become that way and refuse to change and improve themselves.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
It sure can give you lesson in life. Like nothing in this life is permanent, So enjoy it while it last. And patience and discipline are virtues oneself should always put first.

That is how life is, we are going to experience different things first before we are going to learn lesson out of it. We are going to failed first before we are going to success, and this lesson will be our forever guide to the brighter future because of this, without the mistakes in our life, we can't be what we are right now, this failures is the one that made us strong.
Failure attempts are always coming with few lessons. But I'm not sure gamblers are making use of those lessons as they are usually too ignorant to bother about why those failures have happened and and what are the root cause which are bringing failures. There will be no meaning of any lessons until otherwise we are learning some experience from it.

On the other hand, gambling is too vast and the mistakes we are making with gambling are too numerous hence learning some lesson from those mistakes will not be possible all the times.
Activity: 616
Merit: 502

Activity: 2394
Merit: 454
Gambling can teach you life lessons like money management and how to control your greed and be patient. It can also teach you the hardships of being greedy if you choose to be so. I think this is the biggest lesson any if us can learn.

Gambling teaches us not to gamble anymore because we are just losing money on it instead we could earn some, what is happening is the complete opposite of it. I don't know why people do love gambling even though they know gambling won't bring any good fortune to them, especially those addicted ones, they are doing everything just for them to have something to spend on gambling, they don't care if they are going to have so many debts in the future as long as they are not quitting gambling.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Gambling give lessons in life because you know what is risky when you gamble. It gives lessons to teaches us how to manage our time and money in gambling. Because we realize the importance of money and how we earn money profitable. We learn how to accept in lose or a win sometimes we learn not to fail. The lessons is how to become successful and never afraid of being lose. It teaches how to become happy and control our self. Because gambling gives us opportunity to have fun and earn profit. We learn the effect of gambling in our life and importance of time.
This is true mate. You will learn a lot in gambling not only in terms of skills but also in decision making and lessons about mistakes you did in which for me you'll become a better person once you learn a lot from it. Well I did not say it applies to all people who gambles but in my experience in gambling this is some of the things I learned.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1010
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Gambling can teach you life lessons like money management and how to control your greed and be patient. It can also teach you the hardships of being greedy if you choose to be so. I think this is the biggest lesson any if us can learn.

It can also teach how that you have to stop while it's still going well Cheesy

But i agree that money management can be biggest lesson. I would rather learn it in normal way first, not because of gambling. Maybe it also teaches some that gambling ( easy money) is really risky and maybe even addictive, but i am sure that most of people that try gambling already know this.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Gambling give lessons in life because you know what is risky when you gamble. It gives lessons to teaches us how to manage our time and money in gambling. Because we realize the importance of money and how we earn money profitable. We learn how to accept in lose or a win sometimes we learn not to fail. The lessons is how to become successful and never afraid of being lose. It teaches how to become happy and control our self. Because gambling gives us opportunity to have fun and earn profit. We learn the effect of gambling in our life and importance of time.
Activity: 315
Merit: 250
Like anything in this world, gambling also teaches some techniques and lessons but unlike any other environment, we will not have time and good mentality to catch them as gambling will never let us to breathe causally due to its aggressiveness and tension giving situations. So, gambling may teach lessons but gamblers are not learning anything as far as I know.

Other gamblers are just love to gamble even if they are losing a lot from gambling. Even if they are learning a lot from defeat they do not stop betting because it has been their daily doings everyday.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 644
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Most of the gamblers learn the lesson form gambling.
But about me, i am not a good and daily player gambler, that the reason gambling not give me very hard and remember-able lesson, but i know gambling tell to anyone that i will eat your money if you do greedy.
Then should be careful in every step or bet in gambling and save ourself. 
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
Like anything in this world, gambling also teaches some techniques and lessons but unlike any other environment, we will not have time and good mentality to catch them as gambling will never let us to breathe causally due to its aggressiveness and tension giving situations. So, gambling may teach lessons but gamblers are not learning anything as far as I know.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
Gambling gives me a lesson of greed, i did lost all money with it because i was angry when i lose some bitcoin. It also teach me how to earn bitcoin when i was a newbie.
How did gambling teach how to earn bitcoin when you were a newbie? Losing your money lead you to find other ways to grow your bitcoin? I hope so, because if what you learned was that you could gamble in order to try to get profits then the only thing I can say to you is that you are going to eventually lose, no matter how lucky you are and you are going to become disappointed with your losses.
most of the time this things happen so even you already thinking that you know enough to earn inside gambling for sure things will not always favored
you worse will come and it will start ruining your bankroll the worse thing that can possibly happen is to burned everything. so maybe that's the time that
you will be learning some lesson in life.
And people are always believe that you can be win easily in gambling and thinking that if they win a lot they can do anything..
They are always blind what actually the fact what will be the result if you gamble with your feelings that can push your self to be greed and lose all of your money..
Just like the same happen here in my country 2 days ago who addicted in gambling and almost all his property are sold. And borrow almost millions of money in banks that can push him to kill himself because he don't know how to pay millions of money and how he can recover his properties and money..
And now decided to kill him self just to run for his sins or wrong decision he made in gambling..
What a terrible story, but it is the perfect example of what an addiction can make to yourself, I have always thought that money can be very dangerous if you don’t treat right, you can easily ruin your life by misusing money, this is an important number of lottery winner have stated that they wish to never have won the lottery.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008
but i think when you decide to make a comeback to gamble any previous lesson would be broke again . greedy are not something that easy to handled , it's human nature and it should be deal with other human nature which of course have more strong characteristics. i mean like when you have got disciplined before you would easier to handle your greedy anytime.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002
Nope for me because everytime you gamble either you win or lose you still gamble that cause you lose too much and more triggered you to do gambling more and lose more money from it the more chances you think that you can win the gambling it self of course not its all base with our luck and on how we handled it. the koral leason that we get from gambling is when we realize that gambling is for nothing but to lose money

That is bad that losing does not give you lesson in life not to gamble again, instead it triggers you to chase loses and lose more.  In my part, it teaches me that gambling is just a way to have fun and entertainment and that whenever I lost something i must not chase it to win back since the percentage of losing more is very high.  Just accept the fact that gambling is disastrous in the long run if we failed to control ourselves.
i don't triggered my self to play more than my limitation i always wanted to keep my self calm whenever i lose or i win frm the gambling it self. I don't want to lose tons of money just because im enjoying and having fun loosing it i considered this as lesson that every time you lose don't blame your self because the more you blame your self the more trigger you to play and like what you say to chase your loses there.
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Main thing it taught me is that never let your emotions to control your actions when it comes to money.
Activity: 462
Of course everything in this world could give you lessons in life. I mean every events that happens or happened based on your experiences. Well gambling, I have learned this thing in gambling. "Never to give up even losing." Because when luck hits you then that is the time where everything will change in your game.
yes no doubt that we get lesson from every field of life, and specially from gambling. you will get lesson from step to step and i think we can only get experience from these lesson. to me as i am playing gamlbing for last 20 years and now i have good knowledge about every format of gambling.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit
Yeah, of course it can give a lesson in life. I myself got a lessen while betting so much back then. Lose control and bet my school tuition. Of course i lose it and have to live in poverty for like 3 month to get that money back. From that on i never bet money for other things.
Activity: 518
Definitely, we should learn from every step of our life, so gambling also bring out some positive and negative lesson for our life, from gambling we can learn how to take risk and how to click at the right moment. Besides that we may learn from gambling that how to keep patient and control over ourselves. So gambling can be also a learning and sharing segment of our life...
For me, the gambling teaches money is how much important in everyone life. We will invest money to play gambling actually this is a waste there is no use from this only thing we get fun that's it. Somtimes we can make a profit. But most of the time we lose money. When we need urgent money that time, we realise that we are wasted money in gambling. I agree that gambling teaches patience, calmness and how to handle in a pressure situation but more importantly, it teaches me the value of money.

I agree with your opinion because gambling teaches us to decide between good luck and losing with patience, poise and how to handle pressure situations in using money so we could be lucky big and successful people
Activity: 1764
Merit: 373
<------
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
Gambling taught me something that led to these beautiful things, I have to accept.

Hello I was curious on your post. Like what beautiful things? Can you be more specific? Thanks
Maybe he mean on beautiful realizations came from gambling that do make things more even good when he already learned the lesson. Gambling could really give lessons in life but we should not let ourselves suffer first before we can able to learn because we would really see these things along the way on playing gambling.
Pages:
Jump to: