Pages:
Author

Topic: can gambling give you lessons in life? - page 35. (Read 12270 times)

Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
Yes of course can give you a lot of lessons in life, in terms of financial losses that can teach  you how to value money in a matter of time. Because thar time you are engaged in gambling is you are not thinking to earn money for your family and the only thing you aim is to win and not lossing. If we generally analyze the whole idea here, you didn't expect to loss and yet you really loss because gambling always make's you loss rathen than winning. Having a bigger lossea that cannot be recovered by playing again will certainly give you a nice lessons that will also give you the principle of not joining gambling bets anymore; life will be change as well.
You don’t have to even gamble to learn life lesson with gambling, for example one of the lesson that I learned with gambling before I even began is that I got better at probabilities simply because I began to think hey what are the chances of this happening? And then I worked out the math myself, sometimes I do the same but with life events and that has saved me a lot of trouble down the line.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
i think we don't only learn the lesson from what we have but we can learn from other people experience so we don't have to feel the bad experience like what other peoples have. we are only need to know the experience, we can thinking the best way that we can make while we are trying to avoid to make the same mistake from the other people. i know it will hard but at least we need to try to do this because its an important lesson for our life in gambling industry.
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
Sometime we just learned pur lesson oncw we lost and ince we got money again to gamble we dont listen to our selves not to gamble too much which is can be loat of our money the main lesson i get from gambling is dont be greedy and dont lose temper over the reality of loosing money ever chase loses all the time.
Gambling is really entertainment but only in the first game or if you win sometimes in gambling.. but like you said greediness is one of the reason why people are losing more even us we already tested that we will lose fast if we greed for me just gamble for fun and don't think to be greed because you can be lose more and lose everything if you greed..
Always calm or play for fun..So that you are safe in to lose or chasing your loses in gambling..

Gambling teaches us on how to control our greed.  It shows us that if we let greed control us, it will ruin our lives.  It also teaches us on how to let go of our loses, gambling always show us the consequences of letting the badside of our lives takeover.  Which means if we never let go of anything and try to win them back can even give us more loses.  It also teaches us to control our emotion to be able to make the best out of each situation.
That's if, you realize that it's happening to you. Some people cannot admit that they are greedy and fail to see themselves that they have already succumbed to greed. It would be a bad thing because you could lose all your money.  It would be hard to admit it but definitely, you would know how to handle it, just behave and don't get greedy. Control yourself.

That's an intersting answer you did mate, I think most of the greedy gamblers will just ignore what's happening of themselves because it's not all about greedy; but the attitude of the person who handled the gambling situation. Controlling ones self will be a better ways to do and overcoming it will result to avoidance of lossing more money in the future.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Yes, because life is a gamble, you'll never know what you will get if u you don't bet. Also, the differrence in betting all and winning and losing will make one think more of the value of risking all in anything, either in gambling or real life situations. Making a gamble is a choice in itself, choice to gamble or not, choice to play it safe or give it all, which is as same as in our big life decisions. Also, acceptance on the outcome matters, as you must be willing to lose to feel the pleasure of having to win.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 622
Yes, the best lesson you learned from gambling is to be satisfied with what you earned and that your luck is the one who gives you a chance to win a lot.
Yes you are right, gambling teaches us to always be grateful for what we have, and do not too often want more. Sometimes we have trouble controlling ourselves when we want something more than what we have. Self-control difficulties always lead us to bad things.

Well, basically we should be grateful for what we have. Gambling is not actually giving us a lesson to remain thankful, but instead gives us a lesson to keep striving in every thing we got. If we don't get a victory right now so we should be confident and believe that later on we will get a huge profit, and it must be believed and always work hard. Gambling has only a simple formula that is self control

Do not do that, do not think that way. That's exactly how you lose your self-control and gamble until you lose everything. Gamlbing is not some job where the more you work the more you get from it, gambling works as the opposite in most cases.
Moreover gambling should be considered as your training institution where we can learn lots of life's most essential skills and characteristics. But if we want to use of those skills within gambling then we will never find success there. We can learn but we cannot apply those knowledge there itself.

Before gambling I'm sure I do not have this much confident on anything could be achieved. Now a  days, I'm having more self control just because of lots of training and drills with gambling.

That's great that gambling has given you such good lessons. And you are right we can't apply those lessons directly to gambling, that's the point. No startegy, whatever good it is, will work with gambling but it can work in the real life.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Sometime we just learned pur lesson oncw we lost and ince we got money again to gamble we dont listen to our selves not to gamble too much which is can be loat of our money the main lesson i get from gambling is dont be greedy and dont lose temper over the reality of loosing money ever chase loses all the time.

Lessons are being learned at the end of something you do. And if you gamble, you will not learn from the start but at the end of your gambling activity. The lessons most of the time that we are learning is when we are saying, "it's better if I didn't gamble this way."
wow that's what i always tell to myself what if i didn't lose that money and if i just use it in another way, that's how gambling might teaches us
in forming us to be well responsible in doing gamble as many people really forget that the big risk inside gambling is losing everything you have
including your love ones.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Lessons are being learned at the end of something you do. And if you gamble, you will not learn from the start but at the end of your gambling activity. The lessons most of the time that we are learning is when we are saying, "it's better if I didn't gamble this way."
Yeah most of the time personal experiences are the best lessons we can learn from to avoid making the same mistakes in the future. The problem with gaming is that it involves losing money. Sometimes if we're not too stubborn, we can learn from other people's losses but losing your own money has it's own way of slapping us with hard lessons
Activity: 641
Merit: 505

Indeed, learnings don't pop up at the start of any situation or whatever you're going to do. Lessons are hard learned in the end, sometimes we need to suffer failure in order to realize things that we should have done from the start. In one word, "Regrets". Other people might be hard-headed that sometimes even if they have realized what is wrong, they would still do what they think is right for them.

For me, gambling does not really give any lessons in life. What you are going to get from gambling are experiences. The experience of loosing, being addictive in the game, making thoughtless decisions while playing and giving up important things without realizing its worth.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

Activity: 2520
Merit: 568
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
Yes, gambling can teach you to pay attention to your finances and not make too hasty conclusions.

But most of the time it is giving us a lot of hesitation. And upon experiencing those things that is teaching us on how decide things properly. And the best lesson gambling can give us is on how we will be responsible with our money and on how to control our emotions properly.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
Gambling is really entertainment but only in the first game or if you win sometimes in gambling.. but like you said greediness is one of the reason why people are losing more even us we already tested that we will lose fast if we greed for me just gamble for fun and don't think to be greed because you can be lose more and lose everything if you greed..
Always calm or play for fun..So that you are safe in to lose or chasing your loses in gambling..

Gambling teaches us on how to control our greed.  It shows us that if we let greed control us, it will ruin our lives.  It also teaches us on how to let go of our loses, gambling always show us the consequences of letting the badside of our lives takeover.  Which means if we never let go of anything and try to win them back can even give us more loses.  It also teaches us to control our emotion to be able to make the best out of each situation.
That's if, you realize that it's happening to you. Some people cannot admit that they are greedy and fail to see themselves that they have already succumbed to greed. It would be a bad thing because you could lose all your money.  It would be hard to admit it but definitely, you would know how to handle it, just behave and don't get greedy. Control yourself.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
Activity: 644
Merit: 255
Gambling only gives me a trouble, hahaha just kidding. Yeah gambling give me a lesson about life like We must be able to accept what it feels like to lose then like how not to take a careless decision (eg not put all money in one bet)

I agree with you, gambling always gives me a trouble also. It gives a lesson to myself because every time I lose much better to buy the losing money of foods. For me gambling is an entertainment and a relaxation but when I encounter losing I turn to stress.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
A book can give you actual lessons in life and it doesn't cost as much as feeding your gambling addiction. The only thing that you can learn about gambling is regret. You will regret gambling so much. You will think that you could have spent all those money to something more practical. I wouldn't really blame people if they were brain washed that gambling can give you lessons in life. It's their way to feel less sorry for themselves after losing a huge chunk of money.

All those having less emotions in a risky situation, maintaining a calm state, and so on.. All these are just the things that an addicted gambler thought he's going to use in life. In reality, they would never have a calm moment at all once they realized how much they've ruined theirs and their family's financial life. They would turn back into gambling to have that calm state once again. It has become their self defense in times when life is hard. No life lesson can truly be learned in gambling.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
There are some point that gambling can give a lesson to be learned most of all when you are loosing money and just came into your mind that playing gamble is really not worth your money for to spend why people always depending to think that gambling can be the solution of having luck of money.
Actually if we ever experience a failure in the gambling game then we do not have to try again. Those who try again are not satisfied with the results they get, in the end they lose all the capital they have. This is a lesson in gambling game, "never try when you already know that you will fail". The most important lesson that can change your life as a whole.
Very true. Not just in gambling, everywhere we should accept what we are facing. We can fight against it but not at the same moment. We must take time to think over about pros and cons before fighting against it. If we are having any clear idea then we can start our recovery process at least from next day.

In gambling if we are closely watching many gamblers are losing their capital only in the process of fighting against their losses. It is a very big lesson unfortunately no gambler is ready to learn it.
Activity: 756
Merit: 505
Yes of course can give you a lot of lessons in life, in terms of financial losses that can teach  you how to value money in a matter of time. Because thar time you are engaged in gambling is you are not thinking to earn money for your family and the only thing you aim is to win and not lossing. If we generally analyze the whole idea here, you didn't expect to loss and yet you really loss because gambling always make's you loss rathen than winning. Having a bigger lossea that cannot be recovered by playing again will certainly give you a nice lessons that will also give you the principle of not joining gambling bets anymore; life will be change as well.

For me, gambling did not give those lessons in life that you have mentioned. Gambling did just made you realize all of that, including not to be greedy, to be satisfied, to know your limitations and etc. I really do think that you do not need gambling to learned all of those because there are other things or other situations from where you can also learn those.

Yup! I think there is a slight different with learning and experiencing, I think the thing that we can get from gambling are just mere experience and knowing that gambling is not such place to earn money or don't try and make money out of gambling, I think leaning can be a different thing and we can surely learn most of it not in gambling I can not see it that way, because my point of view is very different from other gamblers, and I think there is a different perspective from other people.

Well experience is the best teacher and gambling gives us a lot of experience in handling money and spending it. For some, maybe they learned the value of money when they started gambling. Like me, when I lost some money in gambling I realized that money was not easy to earn and it was easy to lose.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

For me, gambling did not give those lessons in life that you have mentioned. Gambling did just made you realize all of that, including not to be greedy, to be satisfied, to know your limitations and etc. I really do think that you do not need gambling to learned all of those because there are other things or other situations from where you can also learn those.

Yup! I think there is a slight different with learning and experiencing, I think the thing that we can get from gambling are just mere experience and knowing that gambling is not such place to earn money or don't try and make money out of gambling, I think leaning can be a different thing and we can surely learn most of it not in gambling I can not see it that way, because my point of view is very different from other gamblers, and I think there is a different perspective from other people.
Activity: 644
Merit: 255

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
There are some point that gambling can give a lesson to be learned most of all when you are loosing money and just came into your mind that playing gamble is really not worth your money for to spend why people always depending to think that gambling can be the solution of having luck of money.
Actually if we ever experience a failure in the gambling game then we do not have to try again. Those who try again are not satisfied with the results they get, in the end they lose all the capital they have. This is a lesson in gambling game, "never try when you already know that you will fail". The most important lesson that can change your life as a whole.
Pages:
Jump to: