Pages:
Author

Topic: Can i buy altcoin with ETH? if yes, how? - page 2. (Read 413 times)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
November 03, 2017, 09:41:31 AM
I've realised that for new entry to crypto as of now ($7000/btc), it doesn't make any sense to purchase altcoin with the current BTC exchange rate.
whether bitcoin is  $1 or $1000000000 you still are trading with bitcoin and when you make a profit you make profit on that bitcoin.

let me break it down for you.
when bitcoin is $7000 and you invest 1BTC in an altcoin that is being pumped and make lets say 50% profit (the least amount of profit you can make from a pump, the normal is at least 200%) that is 1.5BTC in the end or in other words $3500 pure profit. and meanwhile bitcoin goes from $7000 to $7500 so your 0.5BTC profit also gives you another profit of an additional $250 Cool

Chances are, when BTC has a pull back; altcoin will increase in value.
there is also another chance that the crash of altcoins means no recovery for a long time for most of them.

But the capital appreciation from altcoin will knock off by the decreased value in BTC when we cash out to fiat currency.
people who cash out, cash fiat out and stay out of the market that is crashing. they usually don't risk re-entering altcoins that have been getting dumped and by then probably have only dead cat bounces.

SOOOOOOOO, the big question is...can I purchase altcoin with ETH?
so you build that up to say ETH will recover from the dump that is currently going on? Cheesy
yes it is possible after it bottoms out, it can have a little recovery.
Activity: 434
Merit: 254
November 03, 2017, 09:13:25 AM
I've realised that for new entry to crypto as of now ($7000/btc), it doesn't make any sense to purchase altcoin with the current BTC exchange rate.

But the capital appreciation from altcoin will knock off by the decreased value in BTC when we cash out to fiat currency.

all you have to do is go to an exchanger like etherdelta, bittrex, poloniex or the other. lots of altcoin that can be bought using eth.
etherdelta exchange is the easiest to use. just import your account to etherdelta.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
November 03, 2017, 06:42:57 AM
a lot of exchanges can do this, just use google
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
November 03, 2017, 06:16:50 AM

Bitcoin value is $ 7,400 LOL, but the exchange of altcoin with ETH is a daily occurrence. This is where you can buy all the altcoin you want with ETH instead of BTC: https://etherdelta.com Every transaction only accepts ETH as a form of payment
Activity: 644
Merit: 299
November 03, 2017, 06:10:07 AM
A poll would not have been necessary cause the answer obviously is yes, so it does not require opinions. That is why we have exchanges and most of them, if not all, allow users to trade other altcoins directly with ETH. You can make use of either Bittrex or Poloniex as they seem more reliable at the moment.

However, if you are looking for an inbuilt exchange in a wallet, you can make use of Exodus desktop wallet or browse more for other ones, but you should know that the altcoins are limited compared to what you will have normally in major exchanges, but they have shapeshift integrated into their system to make that possible within the wallet and I mentioned them cause of their good support.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
November 03, 2017, 05:58:39 AM
There is a site known as shapeshift which allows conversion of crypotcurrencies. https://shapeshift.io

Not just ethereum to altcoin but any other altcoin to another altcoin conversion is also possible. Now not all altcoins are listed there, but majority of them are there and you can use them. I hope you can find the specific altcoin that you want.

Their service is also not free. There is a fee for conversion and the conversion occurs at current market price. So keep a tab on the price and do the exchange as you deem fit.

Also majority of exchanges allow purchase of altcoins with ether and USDT. I use HitBTC and they do allow that.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
November 03, 2017, 05:37:21 AM

Pages:
Jump to: