Pages:
Author

Topic: Can I really hold onto my bitcoins in the future? - page 3. (Read 795 times)

Activity: 26
Merit: 1
About three years ago when I found out about Bitcoin, I didn't know anything about it. One of my friends advised me that you should invest whatever money you have in Bitcoin and In the future you will get good returns.
When I first bought Bitcoin, the price of Bitcoin was $35k. Suddenly, within a few weeks, Bitcoin dropped and went down to $16k.
Then I was very worried and angry with my friend that why he gave me such advice then I fought with him and he said if you follow my advice then buy more bitcoin from here. Put whatever investment you have into Bitcoin. Back then, I thought his advice was nothing but crazy, however, I had no other option but to buy more bitcoins and cover my losses by taking a small profit.

And I can call it my luck that I bought Bitcoin at that time and six months ago I sold a lot of bitcoins.
I still have a very small number of bitcoins that I would never want to sell even if Bitcoin goes down I will still have them because I don't think Bitcoin will ever go down that much. I wish I could buy it again at the same price
So my advice to you is that if you need to sell half of your Bitcoin or something, save some money for the future, as predictions are being made, Bitcoin will go up a lot. So if you have some money left, it will give you double the profit.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1144
You can sell your Bitcoin if you are very okay with the current price in the market, because the bullish season is still on ground and it will make that Bitcoin to bring huge amount of income that will help you to establish another business that will make you to have different sources of income, which is everyone dream. Don't let anything stop you not to purchase Bitcoin when the price decrease in the future, because if you are not careful, family issues can make you to spend everything and when the bearish season come nothing to invest which is a bad attitude. I will advice you not to quit that your job that is giving you some money monthly, so that when there is a long bearish season you will be using the salary to do other things to solve your family issues, and then continue holding your Bitcoin.
Selling bitcoin when it’s genuinely needed is always a valid reason. Probably, that’s also one reason why we should learn to invest. However, in your position right now, if you are really struggling for finances, then you can always sell your coins while the price is still high. Remember that bitcoin will not run out of opportunities to invest, just buy back again when you have a stable job already and earned extra money for investment. For now, focus first on your daily survival, investment will come later on.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 647
You mentioned you were unemployed at the moment and helping out yourself and your family has become quite difficult. If you’re really in a fix and you’ve got some bitcoin holding, you could sell off some of your assets to get yourself together.
You’ve got to examine your finances; knowing if you could hold off on selling your bitcoins till later on this year. You mentioned you’ve got two months before you take a decision. You could always continue job hunting while holding onto your coins. If the situation doesn’t improve, then you could sell off some of your coins to help pay for yours and the needs of your family.
Selling bitcoin at such reasonable purpose, then it’s not bad at all. However, if you’re on the doubt if bitcoin won’t be reliable in the future, and you have tight funds at the moment, then I suggest don’t force yourself to invest, you will only struggle for your funds later on. Know when to invest and when not to, so you won’t regret taking such decisions not on your own will.
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 2353
If you need money, you will have to sell some part of your bag, because you can't buy many things with BTC. So you won't be able to hold your bag for long time if it's true. In addition, that's not a good game plan and not very rational to be honest, to put your money into a long term investment if you need some profits quickly, especially if you need this money to live and you can't afford to lose it. Bitcoin is a highly volatile, it won't always go higher, it will go down and you'll certainly have to sell parts of your bag at the lowest prices in those circumstances.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174
Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator
For me, if this is the situation where I can start a small business and support my family by selling bitcoin, then most probably I would sell it. Bitcoin is for life, not for lifetime holding. After starting a business, I will try to buy back Bitcoin again through the DCA strategy from my business profits. So I can support my family and accumulate as well. If you can't trade Bitcoin and make money, then for survival, you need a real-life business or job. Otherwise, life will be like hell. Now you have to make decisions based on the circumstances. We don't know your real situation, actually. 
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1076
zknodes.org
Don't complicate your life too much with investments that you should use for urgent matters, because one of the goals of investment is to solve problems related to your finances. If you want to hold or sell Bitcoin, you can see what the situation is, whether you really have to sell it because you don't have income from other sources or there is still an opportunity to hold Bitcoin. or you can just take a few percent and leave the rest for the long term. all your decisions are in your hands, investing requires you to be selfish.
Activity: 742
Merit: 529
Hello all forum members. I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I have been familiar with Bitcoin since 2019. In 2015, when I entered my Honors first year at university, my family situation was very bad financially. I told my family situation to the head of my university then sir gave me a job opportunity. In the house where Sir lives, he has a neighbor, an old woman lives there. The old woman's children lived abroad and had citizenship there. My job was basically shopping for him, withdrawing money from the bank, basically working as his runner.  He paid me $100 a month. I could save $30 dollars a month and put that money in the bank. The old lady died just three months before my honors final exams started. I worked under that old woman for three years and seven months. After completing the final exam, I was not sure what to do with the money, whether to keep it in the bank or not, then a friend of mine told me to invest the money in Bitcoin. I didn't think about it at first but I spent a month browsing the internet about Bitcoin. Later I became interested in Bitcoin. I withdraw my bank money and invest in Bitcoin. I don't know why I didn't sell Bitcoin when it reached its highest price.  Currently I am unemployed for three years after completing my studies. I am trying hard to find a job but luck is not helping me. I have two tuitions to support myself but it doesn't work like this, it has become very important for me to help my family. I don't know what to do now. Now the bitcoin market has increased a lot, should I sell my bitcoins? I will use it in a small business. Should I be given more time for the job? I have to take a decision in the next two months. Experienced members of the forum give me some advice what should I do.
I'll join the group of members that are encouraging you to give your investment more time since you endured from withdrawing it last year letting it to enter into 2024 you should exercise more patience as we are close to the halving which will increase your investment profit from what you currently have now. The long term holding of many bitcoiners if not all is projected towards the halving as bitcoin is more of an investment asset to it's adopters than a transactional currency for buying and selling.

The exception I can give against advising you from not selling at this period yet is if your situation is a life threatening situation and the urgency of it's requires immediate finance. It is under situation as such that I am not always against people withdraw I their bitcoin prematurely.
Activity: 224
Merit: 216
Now the bitcoin market has increased a lot, should I sell my bitcoins? I will use it in a small business. Should I be given more time for the job? I have to take a decision in the next two months. Experienced members of the forum give me some advice what should I do.
Yes Bitcoin price has gone up now $70k but in the next 23 days or so after the halving it will increase more. Be patient. You say you have two months to make a decision,the halving even is in less than two months. You can make you decision to sell after the halving if you haven't gotten any employment then.

Another suggestion for you while you wait is to try out odd jobs. They may not bring in big bucks but it is something you can do in the mean time while you wait to get employed or take the next decision after the halving.
There is no guarantee that bitcoin price will pump after bitcoin halving but there is a possibility so you cannot guarantee that bitcoin price will pump much after halving. Then it may happen that the price of Bitcoin will dump. Investment in Bitcoin is very profitable but long term investment and after investing in it you must accept that you have taken risk.  And here's where you might lose if you're a panic seller and you have to accept that too. so if op have the ability of long term holding then op can invest on bitcoin as soon as possible
What you said is also correct because none of us know if bitcoin price will increase after bitcoin halving. But we all have a positive thought about bitcoin halving is that after the halving the bullish season will start in the market then all cryptocurrency coins will increase in price. Maybe that will happen because we saw the initial bullrun in the market before the Bitcoin halving where the price of Bitcoin rose to great heights. Bullrun season starts all the coins increase in price since Bullrun will start after halving so it is sure that the price of Bitcoin will increase by a lot again.

You said before investing in bitcoin you have to accept that you take risk yes investment definitely involves risk but it is less and more. Bitcoin investment keeps people safe because investing in Bitcoin is less risky. But to invest in Bitcoin one must have enough patience and not to panic and sell the holding or investment even if the price of Bitcoin falls.
Activity: 2016
Merit: 156
I think, you are following the market price in this season for you to know the season we are in the market because not all season you release your Bitcoin to the market to make a good income, but if you can hold till massive bullish season appear before you can sell, it will help you to establish any kind of business you want to establish. If truly you are holding Bitcoin till this month of April, I will advice you to release the Bitcoin for sale because the price of Bitcoin has returned back to $71,231 which nobody know what will happen any moment from this week whether it will increase higher or decrease lower. If you purchase the Bitcoin you are holding right now with huge amount of money when the price was very low, I think you will help your family to solve all those issues that is affecting your family financially and materially when you finally release your Bitcoin.
Activity: 308
Merit: 197
Hello all forum members. I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I have been familiar with Bitcoin since 2019. In 2015, when I entered my Honors first year at university, my family situation was very bad financially. I told my family situation to the head of my university then sir gave me a job opportunity. In the house where Sir lives, he has a neighbor, an old woman lives there. The old woman's children lived abroad and had citizenship there. My job was basically shopping for him, withdrawing money from the bank, basically working as his runner.  He paid me $100 a month. I could save $30 dollars a month and put that money in the bank. The old lady died just three months before my honors final exams started. I worked under that old woman for three years and seven months. After completing the final exam, I was not sure what to do with the money, whether to keep it in the bank or not, then a friend of mine told me to invest the money in Bitcoin. I didn't think about it at first but I spent a month browsing the internet about Bitcoin. Later I became interested in Bitcoin. I withdraw my bank money and invest in Bitcoin. I don't know why I didn't sell Bitcoin when it reached its highest price.  Currently I am unemployed for three years after completing my studies. I am trying hard to find a job but luck is not helping me. I have two tuitions to support myself but it doesn't work like this, it has become very important for me to help my family. I don't know what to do now. Now the bitcoin market has increased a lot, should I sell my bitcoins? I will use it in a small business. Should I be given more time for the job? I have to take a decision in the next two months. Experienced members of the forum give me some advice what should I do.
   Well I presume you would be in profit by now probably see more than 20% interest of your capital, which is actually not a bad business. The mistake some of make is not knowing when to leave, most wealthy people don’t even chase up to 10% of profit, at least 2% income is enough for them they take that 2% and move on. What the point seeing your profit and leaving it for all the money to be taken back when you could have either withdrew and make use of the money for your pressing needs, at least withdraw your profit and leave the capital that’s how you know if what your doing is profitable or not. They’ve got to be a result in your dealings, so leaving you portfolio untouched even after seeing your profit is not entirely right because those numbers you are seeing won’t be the same, it fluctuate and when it does of what use is your waiting all those while for. The important thing is withdraw, secure your profits then it’s left for you if you want to continue investing, this is when the DCA comes in.
  The DCA method can never do you wrong, but before you are able to carry out this process well you ought to have sort of money coming in so that investing while facing your everyday life wouldn’t be a workload for you. But when you have nothing coming in it going to be hard investing, instead of starving and allow your pressing needs to squeeze your neck, use the money for you self solve that problem that’s been troubling leave your mind in peace rather than allowing thinking take the best of you. Responsibility is manning up on your decision. Take your profits when necessary thats is why we are all in into bitcoin at the first time, the prices will not always be the same, take what you can see instead of dwelling on the things you haven’t see. You don’t have to make 1000% before you withdraw your money and sure that’s can happen in just one time, steadily we build wealth it doesn’t come all at once in most cases.
Activity: 616
Merit: 274
You mentioned you were unemployed at the moment and helping out yourself and your family has become quite difficult. If you’re really in a fix and you’ve got some bitcoin holding, you could sell off some of your assets to get yourself together.
You’ve got to examine your finances; knowing if you could hold off on selling your bitcoins till later on this year. You mentioned you’ve got two months before you take a decision. You could always continue job hunting while holding onto your coins. If the situation doesn’t improve, then you could sell off some of your coins to help pay for yours and the needs of your family.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 390
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Now the bitcoin market has increased a lot, should I sell my bitcoins? I will use it in a small business. Should I be given more time for the job? I have to take a decision in the next two months. Experienced members of the forum give me some advice what should I do.
Yes Bitcoin price has gone up now $70k but in the next 23 days or so after the halving it will increase more. Be patient. You say you have two months to make a decision,the halving even is in less than two months. You can make you decision to sell after the halving if you haven't gotten any employment then.

Another suggestion for you while you wait is to try out odd jobs. They may not bring in big bucks but it is something you can do in the mean time while you wait to get employed or take the next decision after the halving.
There is no guarantee that bitcoin price will pump after bitcoin halving but there is a possibility so you cannot guarantee that bitcoin price will pump much after halving. Then it may happen that the price of Bitcoin will dump. Investment in Bitcoin is very profitable but long term investment and after investing in it you must accept that you have taken risk.  And here's where you might lose if you're a panic seller and you have to accept that too. so if op have the ability of long term holding then op can invest on bitcoin as soon as possible
Activity: 66
Merit: 5
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Personally, I'm struggling to really comprehend the message of this thread because you wish to sell your small bitcoin to start a business or keep looking for a jobe perhaps your should answer the question yourself. Non of us here could have the answer because it's a personal decision that you must take, hence it's more advisable to get a job and keep your life moving because bitcoin is not a get rich quick scheme and thous it can not give you a profit that will change your life the way you presume it.

For a good investment in bitcoin you need to have something doing either you own a business or yours or get a job that can pay your bills. Having bitcoin or coming into this forum doesn't mean you are going to make money but perhaps you can begin to trade if you have a good knowledge of it, so you could really help yourself.
Activity: 406
Merit: 84
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Currently I am unemployed for three years after completing my studies. I am trying hard to find a job but luck is not helping me. I have two tuitions to support myself but it doesn't work like this, it has become very important for me to help my family. I don't know what to do now. Now the bitcoin market has increased a lot, should I sell my bitcoins? I will use it in a small business. Should I be given more time for the job? I have to take a decision in the next two months. Experienced members of the forum give me some advice what should I do.

I'll always choose the market over my personal jobs because there's no breakthrough in the real job, only committed to be under some random individuals who doesn't care about your best. We should be given the best advices because we need it to push forward in the system. I've never hold back from providing aides and in sectors I'm acquainted with. OP, you have everything within possession to make advance steps in life. There's no better feeling than been independent in the space, not working or having a boss. I know it's been really way out of plan but we have no choice than to settle for what we're seeing with our very naked eyes.
Activity: 196
Merit: 123

Investment is really a good thing, because it has the potential to change your financial situation for good in the future, but before investing in anything, wether Bitcoin, real estate, gold, diamond stocks, etc it's mandatory that you have another source of income and emergency funds, so that you won't have to think of your investment when faced with pressing financial needs like rent, feeding and some other basic needs, because if you didn't have any other source of income, you will definitely eat up your investment bit by bit till it's been run down, so in this your situation, I would advice that you withdraw everything and sort out your pressing financial needs, and when you have gotten a job or business,  you can invest through the DCA method, knowing that you have a source of income that will sustained you till your investment goal is achieved.
Activity: 2674
Merit: 713
Nothing lasts forever

Keep looking for a job and get any job that suits you. You just have to keep your expenses going in the beginning.
Once you save enough you can still hunt for a different job of your choice. This way you will be able to hold on to your bitcoins.
Meanwhile the price of bitcoin will touch another ATH and then may be you can decide to sell so that you can buy back at cheaper price or may be start a business or something.
Right now your best bet would be to find a job and just get started that's it.
Activity: 224
Merit: 216
Currently I am unemployed for three years after completing my studies. I am trying hard to find a job but luck is not helping me. I have two tuitions to support myself but it doesn't work like this, it has become very important for me to help my family. I don't know what to do now. Now the bitcoin market has increased a lot, should I sell my bitcoins? I will use it in a small business. Should I be given more time for the job? I have to take a decision in the next two months. Experienced members of the forum give me some advice what should I do.
OP I think you are still in the right place you just need patience now. Moreover, you can continue to run the small business you have so that you can support your family's finances with the money earned from that business and continue your Bitcoin investment. Actually I am saying these words because since you have invested in Bitcoin and have been able to hold it till now, wait patiently for some more time.

You said you made a profit on your bitcoin investment when the price of bitcoin reached its peak but now the price of bitcoin has fallen slightly so you hold it until the bitcoin halving takes place. After the Bitcoin halving, the market will go up again. If after bitcoin halving you don't have employment then you can sell your invested bitcoin height maybe it's totally your personal matter.
Activity: 518
Merit: 156

Since you have bitcoin and it has yielded profit, you can actually take all your profit and certain percentage from your initial capital to help sort out your tuition fee issues. So you can be on  Clear standing on your academic pursuit. I believe as a young person, you will certainly have more time to still invest in bitcoin, because right now you're facing some financial difficulties, so better you help yourself with what you have at hand. I believe in the future when you've had a sustainable job, you will certainly increase your bitcoin investment since before now you already have an idea of what the investment process is and how beneficial it is. So sell some portion of bitcoin in your possession in a bid to help yourself.
Activity: 238
Merit: 152
Duelbits.com
Dear OP you should understand that the purpose of investing in Bitcoin is to be able to have your funds add up over a period of time so you can aswell Chanelle that funds into something else better for your life and not just saving up the fund's allowing it to double up without a purpose so if you have got a needed that can be solved by the money you have realized from Bitcoin, now that the price is high it must have done more than twice your capital, you can choose to withdraw now probably your profit and allow your capital to still grow some more again and not just leaving the money there while you keep struggling with life, then the purpose for your investment is defeated.

You can check how much profit you have Made already since you started investing in Bitcoin and than try to see if the profit is enough to take care of the Bills you have got at this point then make sure to withdraw only the profit a d leave the capital, it will still get to grow again and yeild profit for you after awhile again roo
Activity: 952
Merit: 541
Luckily you have some funds in the form of Bitcoin which is very useful for you during difficult situations. Being unemployed is not someone's dream, but in reality you have to be prepared to go through difficult times by surviving with very limited money. Selling Bitcoin to use as business capital is not a bad idea, you can open up jobs with the skills you have and end the difficult times of being unemployed.

When you feel tired due to never getting a job, you should think wiser by opening your own job. The amount of money you save in Bitcoin can be used as capital to open your business, when you can make money from this business, you can re-invest in Bitcoin.

Pages:
Jump to: