Pages:
Author

Topic: Can it be possible for the whole wide world use a single currency? - page 16. (Read 1239 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Yes. And bitcoin can be the single currency worldwide since it is virtually and it has named in the society nowadays.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 254
I think its gonna be somewhat hard if we'll be using bitcoin as our currency, the only currency I think it'll be hard since bitcoin is somewhat outdated because altcoins these days offer smart contracts while bitcoin does not, the devs must make huge improvements before we even start talking about bitcoin being a single currency, but again it is not impossible for that to happen, I'd like to experience that one day wherein we would all be using one single currency, and I'd like to see what currency will be it.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
I think that Bitcoin can be use as a matter of fact to be globally accepted. What is your take and which currency can you suggest to be accepted globally?
Wthat kind of noob question is this?after mentioning that Bitcoin can be use globally,then after asking what currency to be suggested in accepting globally?are you illiterate?or just dont know what you are saying?next time before trying to make a thread make sure that you understand whats the topic is..

BITCOIN WILL BE THE COIN TO BE USE WORLDWIDE
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
No currency could be used in that way.Even USD getting accepted worldwide,it still is not able to replace other currencies of various nations.Bitcoin too has some drawbacks like limited supply which could not be changed,able to be used only online and could be used easily only by the literate people.
Activity: 294
Merit: 107
In my opnion, we will always have many various currencies to choose from. We could even treat gold, silved and other precious metals as currencies which won't disappear anytime soon. It is possible to create a currency which would be accepted in the vast majority of places in the world but don't expect every government to use it as their national currency. Everyone would like to have as much money as possible. How they can achieve it? By controlling the supply.
Activity: 602
Merit: 11
I think that Bitcoin can be use as a matter of fact to be globally accepted. What is your take and which currency can you suggest to be accepted globally?
If this is about to replace fiat currency, it is possible but very unlikely to happen because no governments will ever give up the control of monetary system in their countries, governments will always wants to have that control. If it is about Bitcoin to be globally accepted, it is already but the problem is there are still some countries that don't like the idea of a currency being decentralized and highly volatile, that is why they want to prohibit or ban the use of cryptocurrencies. For me Bitcoin is still far from being a currency that can be used for daily needs, but it is still good as an investment or asset.
right, now cryptocurrency is better for investment, because it does not have a wide reach in the world. this is indeed related to the attitude of the government that has not legalized it. but i think it hard to get approvals from all countries into a single currency
Activity: 490
Merit: 106
If this is about to replace fiat currency, it is possible but very unlikely to happen because no governments will ever give up the control of monetary system in their countries, governments will always wants to have that control. If it is about Bitcoin to be globally accepted, it is already but the problem is there are still some countries that don't like the idea of a currency being decentralized and highly volatile, that is why they want to prohibit or ban the use of cryptocurrencies. For me Bitcoin is still far from being a currency that can be used for daily needs, but it is still good as an investment or asset.
Activity: 154
yes, it is posible! for as long as it is widely accepted in exchange of good and services then that would be find... europe is using 1 currency and they are find. it is not also imposible that bitcoin will be a single currency of world wide.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
Harmony for One and All
yeah, maybe if all people in this world are agree to using it and not just about that but must getting trough the govermet if you want to make it realize in our common transaction
Activity: 882
Merit: 544
if it becomes a global single currency it will be very dangerous for the whole world because just a few would have the control of the entire market and the entire single currency by being a monopol
You are right, but there won't be a monopoly if the global single currency would be something that no entity can control(decentralized). This is where blockchain comes in.
Bitcoin as a single currency is an awful idea. It would collapse economies all around the world, there would be nothing to measure it against, and not to mention not everybody would have access. That would fragment the world wide markets and for that reason it can't happen.
At least it can reach 6-7 figures and it has the potential to be the gold in digital money(since it is the pioneer) but for now I don't see it becoming an alternative way to pay stores globally in the future(because people use it merely for speculative purposes, and the number of stores that will accept it as a payment would be limited to stores that have access to it just like credit card).
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
Can it be possible for the whole wide world use a single currency?

A heavily centralized currency built around a monopoly?

A number of competing currencies could be preferable.

Bitmain having a monopoly over the ASIC market could have strong parallels to a world forced to utilize a single currency. Likewise microsoft's monopoly over the OS market, google's monopoly over search engines, banks having monopolies over many markets leading to industry wide stagnation and a lack of innovation for spanning decades.

AMD versus intel and coke versus pepsi could be a better abstract for currencies. Competition offering consumers better options and terms, while fueling industry wide progress and innovation. Two or more currencies could achieve this, while one currency could be prone towards a zero incentive atmosphere where there is no effort made to improve as there is no competition from which to draw useful comparisons.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 110
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
It could be possible, we don't know yet what may happen in the near future. There are certain turmoils and misunderstanding s right now around the globe. When people have problems dealing with each other, they think of solutions that could solved it and it is the same in the business industry. I hope we could be at that moment, the moment people around the world will be united and using one currency only.
Activity: 980
Merit: 507
Don't be stupid. Did you even put some thought before you wrote this? The total bitcoins that can ever be mined is 21 million and there are more than 7 billion people in this world. Even if each person has half a bitcoin, it won't be enough. Anyone who needs to use bitcoin needs to have a computer, an internet connection and basic knowledge of bitcoin.
Activity: 75
I do not think that would happen if bitcoin as a single money around the world, because every country will defend its own money.
Activity: 278
Merit: 1
if it becomes a global single currency it will be very dangerous for the whole world because just a few would have the control of the entire market and the entire single currency by being a monopol
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
I think yes but not now. People aren't ready for such sudden changes. In the future, I believe that crypto currency will be the only one or the leading currency used by everyone
Activity: 50
to be honest I don't really think that would be a good idea. Sounds mighty Orwellian to me. Even if the only currency was bitcoin! Its a myth that BTC is completely anonymous! if you are not forensic in your interactions with your wallets you can almost certainly be traced!
Activity: 2520
Merit: 624

It is not too clear whether you mean fiat or cryptocurrency. But unifying currency as a single currency won't really be workable and it will make the best world very monotonous.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

I think it is possible but it would take too long. As for me, it will happen in a generation where all people are depending and have enough knowledge on how to access the internet. Through that, we will have a change to have a single digital currency than would make things easier and more convenient.

People will use Blockchain, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin are built on Blockchain.
People will use all crypto-currencies. Why people still doubt in that outcome?
    There isn't enough Bitcoin's for everyone. In future it will be difficult to get to
Bitcoin's, there is a limited amount as we all know. There isn't more of Litecoin's
and Ethereum's, I think they will be rare coin's on the market, but there will be many
other's, every brand will have it's own token, big brand's will posse's chain's.
   One currency can't make economy easier. What Blockchain is doing is digitalization
of asset's, every asset will have digital signature, but you will be able to trade with
only with Bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
Confidence is what makes the currency has a place in the world.
bitcoin has gained a place in the currency world in recent years, but nevertheless, these currencies fail to maintain its value due to large fluctuations.
I predict that these currencies will be a safe haven and an alternative to gold in everyday life, but I do not expect to use Bitcoin for daily payments soon.
So the answer is no, despite the fact that bitcoin can be divided into small parts but the limited number will make it very scarce like diamonds.
Pages:
Jump to: