Pages:
Author

Topic: Can someone explain this to me - page 3. (Read 851 times)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 05, 2017, 10:39:50 PM
Bitcoin is the original, all the other currencies are clones.

Take any original product and compare it with the clones, what is the best one?
Bitcoin built its reputation as main Crypto-Currency and I don't think it will change so fast, maybe in a distant future where a really superior currency can appear.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
November 05, 2017, 10:21:08 PM
Well it's not that people are thinking that Bitcoin isn't good enough, nor anything along those lines. It's that the community can't agree to fix certain problems, or at least the way to fix certain problems. And don't get me wrong, there are some cryptos that could fix this, but they're not going to be used in short because they're not Bitcoin and they never will be, as most of these coins have been premined and they're going to amount to nothng.

So it doesn't matter how many new things your coin has or what it can do, if no one trusts it and people aren't using it it's useless PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
November 05, 2017, 07:03:19 PM
I have only been into crypto currencies for a few weeks so forgive me if my question is daft...
If bitcoin is at such an early stage in terms of taking over even a small percentage of the world monetary system, and yet it is having to fork to resolve technical issues, is there not a more efficient crypto currency out there that wouldn't have these problems?
For example, if vertcoin had to handle the same volume of transactions would it perform better?
With over 1200 crypto currencies out there I don't understand why bitcoin still dominates. Surely there are technically far superior solutions out there. I know it was the first one but does this alone warrant it being the most popular?
Pages:
Jump to: