Pages:
Author

Topic: Can the World Really Abandon the Dollar As A Reserve Currency? - page 3. (Read 3432 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
It didn't take too long, once the idea was started, for the US to get off the gold standard. Similar concept, but on a global scale. Switching to a different national currency (Yuan, Euro) would be more easily done than worldwide acceptance of Bitcoin, but either could eventually be done. With the fall of Rome, the denarius fell too; the same will happen if the US continues as it has. A change will have to be made, the only speculation is to what.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I don't think it matters much to central banks which currency is the dominant one as long as they have control on it. Every nation's economy is so entrenched with the rest of the world it's hard to say if there's any indipendence left and seeing how things are going in the financial world, it doesn't make sense to continue protecting actual currencies. Considering how ECB is trying to reach parity with the dollar, despite what they say, I guess someone has a vision to propose a global currency, I know it's a hot topic in places like "conspiracy forums" but you know what they say about broken clocks.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
The more relevant question is to what lengths the US will go to ensure that the USD continues to be the Reserve Currency
It's a push not a pull issue
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
"Throughout history there has always been a dominant currency. As each empire became the new financial capital of the world, their currency became the most prized and tended to circulate around the globe into even the fringe economies that they may have never heard of at that moment in time. Roman Coins made it China..."
http://armstrongeconomics.com/693-2/2013-2/can-the-world-really-abandon-the-dollar-as-a-reserve-currency/

Can the World Really Abandon the Dollar As A Reserve Currency?  also..
What will happen to the US economy, and is there a way to avoid a severe depression?
Pages:
Jump to: