Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Translation Services be trusted? - page 2. (Read 251 times)

Activity: 2114
Merit: 182
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 03, 2021, 07:47:11 AM
That is why we have those legit and trusted translator in this forum , Look at the bounty managers , they have been collecting their own team of translator for future use.

because they believe that not everyone will do the work honestly so they are assessing and collecting those good job and contacting them over and over again.
Ucy
Activity: 2632
Merit: 403
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
March 03, 2021, 06:59:11 AM
The translation is funny, that must be from google translate. Upon availing of translation services, you should only ask those people who are living in a native language and have probably good to best English language.

In that standard, you'll be fleeing from those people that seem to offer translation services but are only getting translations from automated software like Google translate freely.

The bolded actually what I'm planning to do.

I'm also considering getting multiple human translators to translate thesame post/writeup in order to compare them for consistency. Alternatively, I will get another person to retranslate a translated post back to the original language it was translated from to see how correct and reliable it is.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
March 02, 2021, 07:43:10 PM
But how did you translate it back to English? If you use google translate then certainly its not the way to check whether its translated properly. The best way I think is to hire another Kir speaker to see whether its real. Google translate can't be trusted.  There are languages that have a different way of saying it that google translate will simplify it to its worse structure.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
March 02, 2021, 07:13:27 PM
Do cats wash their food before they eat it?     Cool
Activity: 2338
Merit: 365
March 02, 2021, 06:49:51 PM
I think the translation software or site only provides 80% grammar accuracy...
sometimes the language that is formed when we try the translator site/software is not right at all but it really helps me every day. I am actively using a translator so that I can make posts here. otherwise, it will be very difficult for me to write in English as it is today.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 02, 2021, 06:09:12 PM
The translation is funny, that must be from google translate. Upon availing of translation services, you should only ask those people who are living in a native language and have probably good to best English language.

In that standard, you'll be fleeing from those people that seem to offer translation services but are only getting translations from automated software like Google translate freely.
Ucy
Activity: 2632
Merit: 403
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
March 02, 2021, 09:40:05 AM
Imagine you give one of your Bitcointalk posts to a Translator to translate into a foreign Language you don't understand, and after translating, you take back the original post and ask the Translator to translate the translated post back to the language it was translated from... he/she translates it back but it turn out very different from the original post. Example:
You get a translator to translate the short post below into a foreign language I called "Kir":

- Original post:   "The cat needs something to eat. I'm going to get Linda to feed her."

- Post translated to Kir language:  Ta' kir ilum ko wol sucrum cim sin Linde dum melwzua

- Translated post translated back to English: "The cat was hungry and she ate Linda"

That^ is similar to what I discovered about a translation service I often rely on... though I never really trusted it 100%. It basically misinterpreted the true meaning of the original post. That could create misunderstanding, cause problems, plus other consequences
Pages:
Jump to: