Pages:
Author

Topic: Can US Citizens Participate in ICOs??? - page 2. (Read 1690 times)

Activity: 482
Merit: 117
January 11, 2018, 09:00:39 AM
for us citizens are not allowed to participant. some ico's also allowed some ico's are not allowed be careful with that. check before joining.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
January 11, 2018, 08:52:53 AM
The U.S. and Chinese citizens are no longer allowed to participate in ICO, and South Korea may also ban its citizens from the ICO, which is becoming increasingly unfriendly. Angry
Merit: 11
January 11, 2018, 08:50:37 AM
Can US Citizens Participate in ICOs???

Most of the ICO launchers would love to allow US citizens to invest. The problem is that the regulations make it very difficult to be compliant and the agencies in USA tend to bully the business unless they strictly align with their views. Is you live in the USA, just ask your representatives to change the law.
Activity: 651
Merit: 101
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
January 11, 2018, 08:44:29 AM
Depends on the ICO. Some choose to be unregulated so as a result, US citizens cannot participate. However, there are projects who chose the be regulated and undergo legal procedures like Opporty--a US based company. The team is solid and the rating is high in ico reviews. You might want to check out the project, just see my signature below  Smiley
For now America has not allowed citizens to participate in ico. but I do not yet know the new rules that apply in ico if citizens can participate in ico. it would be fun for american citizens
Activity: 616
Merit: 103
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
January 11, 2018, 08:37:37 AM
Everyone in this forum is eligible to join ICO's but some bounty has the rank requirements to join their campaings. As long as you know how to obey rules and regulations of the ICO you are going to apply , all of us our eligible.
Activity: 644
Merit: 103
January 10, 2018, 09:58:04 PM
Depends on the ICO. Some choose to be unregulated so as a result, US citizens cannot participate. However, there are projects who chose the be regulated and undergo legal procedures like Opporty--a US based company. The team is solid and the rating is high in ico reviews. You might want to check out the project, just see my signature below  Smiley
Activity: 210
January 10, 2018, 09:56:02 PM
Unfortunately, American citizens and Chinese citizens are not allowed to participate in ICO most of the time, but you can buy a VPN, so you can do ICO with foreign IP.
January 10, 2018, 09:18:14 PM
US Citizens are not allowed to participate in the majority of ICO's. US citizens may participate in ICO's which does not require KYC as all the participant needs to do is change their IP address to a country which is permitted to join.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
January 10, 2018, 11:09:22 AM
If I invested in an utility token ICO without knowing the US regulations, what should be done? I transferred ether, but haven't received any actual tokens from the ICO yet.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 505
December 21, 2017, 07:18:56 PM
It looks like you have a lot of good answers already.

Basically, a lot of ICOs exclude Chinese, Singaporean, and US citizens due to regulations and laws.
There is the option of using an escrow service, but then you would have to factor in the price to use that service.
This will significantly alter the cost per coin/token that you invest in.

With that being said, let me give you some quick advice on icos:

Avoid them.

I know it is tempting to jump in on one in hopes that you can get astronomical returns later, but just peruse the forums and you will get a general idea that most people lose money through icos or the returns aren't nearly a good as just putting money into bitcoin.
There is a sort of ICO bubble now where there are just too many.
Too many projects with not enough investors along with many icos going into the same sector with way too much competition.

Nowadays, you can easily get an ico coin for the ico price or even lower a couple weeks after it hits exchanges, much safer and wiser.
But i just seen the icos that doesn't really care about the sec regulation about the ico definition. As you can see there are some project that based on US that still runs the ico to get a lot of fund and they are only try to preventing US investors to participate in there. But i just curious there are some that allowed US investors to participate too.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
December 21, 2017, 06:23:26 PM
Can US Citizens Participate in ICOs???

the problem is that people today misunderstand an important aspects of what these governments in truth are:

financial cartels,

these are hijacked financial cartels, with a financial elite, systematically abusung the entire state,

people shoulde cease to take that serious, we need seriously to transform our societies,

not just in the west, but also increasingly in the east (asia, china, japan korea)
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
December 21, 2017, 06:03:34 PM
The us government wants to regulate the investment industry in the ICO. Only after that, citizens of usa will be allowed to officially participate in the ICO. Now there is a lot of deception in the industry, investing in ICO is very risky.
I think this is the right decision of their government, because 98% of all ICO project are scam now
Activity: 308
December 21, 2017, 05:38:06 PM
The us government wants to regulate the investment industry in the ICO. Only after that, citizens of usa will be allowed to officially participate in the ICO. Now there is a lot of deception in the industry, investing in ICO is very risky.
I also think that the government of the United States of America protects its citizens from scam ICO projects. I think it's good, because now ICO in a lot of scam.
Indeed, at present there are so many scam ICO that the defense of the state will not hurt.
Activity: 518
December 20, 2017, 01:35:04 PM
A allowed to participate in the ICO of the company to U.S. citizens. Before you can participate you need to read the terms. Either change your IP address.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
December 20, 2017, 01:17:18 PM
I also think that the government of the United States of America protects its citizens from scam ICO projects. I think it's good, because now ICO in a lot of scam.
Activity: 150
Merit: 11
December 18, 2017, 02:09:04 PM
Activity: 168
December 15, 2017, 11:26:38 PM
For now, it seems most ICO will exclude China and the United States, since both countries have banned the ICO project, which is clearly not conducive to the development of ICO.

The government of China and US only wants to protect is citizen from being involved in ICO the are produce in the market just to scam people, It is open in the market that this is the new way to scam people and its multi million dollars investment in ICO, if an ICO have a citizen restriction then be warned for it may be a scam.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
December 15, 2017, 11:21:27 PM
US were the first to ban ICOs so no, but you can always get them when they hit the exchange or other means.
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
December 15, 2017, 11:18:22 PM
Singapore's financial regulator has announced a partnership with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to discuss the establishment of the DAO and ICO tokens. This happened August ..
As before, they still continue to consider the case of ICO by case, and for companies running ICO campaigns to be honest when dealing with investors and not scams.
Because the government cannot control ICO , because a democratic government is free enterprise  in their statement that they will just urging the company to be honest in running ICO in dealing with investors is mere warning,the government will only intervene in case of scam because they can go after them because there is a law against pilferage that can be used for scammers, the purpose of US security and exchange commission is for the protection of their citizen against scam.
December 15, 2017, 10:50:53 PM
As far as I know, American citizens cannot participate in the ICO crowdfunding, because the law can define the ICO as illegal.
Pages:
Jump to: