Pages:
Author

Topic: Can US Citizens Participate in ICOs??? - page 4. (Read 1690 times)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
November 23, 2017, 04:05:07 PM
We are offering investors and traders from all over the world a chance to participate in any current or upcoming ICO.
We also pool together investments to acquire pre-sale bonuses, and have a proven record of trust and completed investments.
If you wish to participate in any upcoming ICO's, please visit us at http://icobroker.trade for more information,
or email us at infoicobroker.trade
Our ANN thread can be found here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ico-broker-2144224 

** Our current listed ICO's are outdated, but just let us know which ICO you are interested in. **
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
November 23, 2017, 03:20:34 PM
To put this into perspective, the United States is quite strict when it comes to investment regulations. Only accredited investors can partake in private placements of securities. While some people would urge all cryptocurrency ICOs are tokens and not securities, regulators will have a very different opinion regarding this matter. A lot of the ICOs we have seen can be labeled as traditional sales of equity.

Once the SEC will effectively intervene in cryptocurrency ICOs – which is only a matter of time – things will get very interesting, to say the least. A lot of previous ICOs didn’t take the necessary steps to “deny” US citizens from investing. All of those projects and their teams are at the mercy of the SEC for the time being. Violating US securities laws is not something anyone wants to deal with. Additionally, these laws can also be enforced upon non-US companies, which makes it even more important to take countermeasures.
Activity: 99
November 23, 2017, 02:41:57 PM
US citizens can participate in US ICOs but that's all. It's all to do with regulation so ICOs from elsewhere, Europe for example, should block people from participating with an IP address from America. It's quite difficult for people from elsewhere in the world to participate in US ICOs, lots of hoops to jump.
A working proxy or any other type of information that will prove that the person is not in the USA is a nice effort to make it possible to participate in ICO's that restrict USA users.
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
November 23, 2017, 02:33:29 PM
I think this depends on the project itself. Some projects they dont want to get trouble in future, so they ban the participation from US citiyens.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 518
November 23, 2017, 02:11:36 PM
Well that in the US is not forbidden vpn  Tongue
It looks strange, the United States is such a developed and advanced country, but US citizens can not participate in the ICO.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
November 13, 2017, 04:49:30 PM
There are a lot of ICO's that restrict US citizens. The ones that do restrict US Citizens are the ones that are trying to be in compliant with SEC so that they do not get fined by them.  The other ones don’t think about the SEC, don’t even think that SEC could reach them, or just don’t care about the SEC.

This is how I read your comment:

"An extradition treaty exists: No sales to US citizens. No extradition treaty: All are welcome."

lol
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
November 13, 2017, 04:45:41 PM
There are icos that US citizens are not allowed to join. The SEC rule is a thing to take note of if you want to join one. But there are icos in which the US ip address is banned from joining.
Activity: 532
November 13, 2017, 04:43:23 PM
US citizens can participate in US ICOs but that's all. It's all to do with regulation so ICOs from elsewhere, Europe for example, should block people from participating with an IP address from America. It's quite difficult for people from elsewhere in the world to participate in US ICOs, lots of hoops to jump.
Why you think so? For example I want to participate in Qchain (and as I know its US ICO), so I can't do it, because I'm not US citizen? Don't think so.
Anyone can Join Qchan's ICO, I already joined and I'm not US citizen.
Activity: 640
November 13, 2017, 04:04:14 PM
Why you think so? For example I want to participate in Qchain (and as I know its US ICO), so I can't do it, because I'm not US citizen? Don't think so.
Activity: 196
November 13, 2017, 04:44:52 AM
Activity: 322
Merit: 5
W12 – Blockchain protocol
November 13, 2017, 03:44:35 AM
Yes and no. Probably because of the restrictions of crypto currencies in the US. That is why a lot of ICOs do not let US citizens to participate in their ICOs. Unfair it is, but that's just how things work. Nothing we can do about that.
But there are also a lot that accepts US citizens but there really aren't a lot that I have seen. But anyways, i wish this changes soon because a lot of US citizens are really into crypto currencies. This would really be great for the crypto world.
What kind of restrictions are you talking about?
Activity: 566
November 13, 2017, 03:01:15 AM
Us citizens can if only if is not a security token and doesn't go against the rule of SEC. And that's the reason why some ico ask participants to go through kyc.
Activity: 458
November 13, 2017, 02:59:15 AM
Yes US citizens can participate in ICO but there are some restrictions because of the SEC rule.
Activity: 924
Merit: 512
November 13, 2017, 02:53:38 AM
Can US Citizens Participate in ICOs???
The last time I checked, US investors were banned from participating in ICOs. The SEC was against investing in ICOs and ended up approving it as being an illegal activity. I have seen a lot of ICO websites whereby all American IP addresses where blocked and some investors ended up having access through the usage of VPNs, not sure if that is legal or not. Hopefully, American investors will have to buy once the coins are listed on major exchanges.

If they comes with the VPN software or plug in what can be done. I think this a stupid question. If the country banned usage of ICO also you can use the token with the different country's exchange or wallet where the site organization put in. That is international law. From the trader you can exchange that as bitcoin where legal or convert as fiat currency with the traders means nothing will gonna affect.
Activity: 85
November 13, 2017, 02:50:00 AM
They can, if tokens are utility.
Activity: 153
November 13, 2017, 02:45:55 AM
If the token is not considered a security, US citizens can participate in ICOs.
Being or not a security, is the grey area.
copper member
Activity: 560
Merit: 253
November 13, 2017, 01:43:52 AM
The last time I checked, US investors were banned from participating in ICOs. The SEC was against investing in ICOs and ended up approving it as being an illegal activity. I have seen a lot of ICO websites whereby all American IP addresses where blocked and some investors ended up having access through the usage of VPNs, not sure if that is legal or not. Hopefully, American investors will have to buy once the coins are listed on major exchanges.
Activity: 70
November 13, 2017, 12:58:17 AM
Activity: 812
Merit: 257
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
November 12, 2017, 07:47:27 PM
there are some ICOs that only allow certain citizens to participate. but I think most ICOs allow any citizens from world wide to participate.
But I dont know how about regulation from US Government about participation in ICOs
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
November 12, 2017, 07:32:57 PM

Most of the ICOs that I encountered do not allow US citizens to participate. The same is true to people who are based in Singapore. I am actually thinking that a very huge potential is really untapped here in both countries. But there are a few ICOs who are indifferent to both the countries' SEC laws and policies disallowing them to venture into ICOs. This is going to be a huge legal risk to these projects. 
Pages:
Jump to: