Pages:
Author

Topic: Can world Government Kill Crypto? - page 80. (Read 6461 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 2
February 12, 2018, 07:42:27 AM
I don't think so. Government can not kill crypto, instead just regulate it.
I do believe that government is also  studying on how they can gain profit from it. Maybe they are just quiet while making a move. No one knows, it might happen that the coin you just bought is the one that they sell or vice versa.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
February 12, 2018, 07:41:44 AM
Highly doubt it.

If anything, they'd try to regulate the hell out of it.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
February 12, 2018, 07:40:08 AM
Big and Powerful government can regulate Bitcoin before Bitcoin crushes them this is a sad news for Bitcoin enthusiast,but digital currency will never disappear the technology behind it is far too powerful to be controlled by the government.
Activity: 196
February 12, 2018, 07:30:14 AM
Why would anyone want to destroy or let go of something that they benefit from. If it makes the governments rich then there is no need for them to kill it. Even if they wanted to, they are too deep into it to let go.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
February 12, 2018, 07:17:20 AM
In my opinion will not be able to government to kill crypto. The digital world that has entered into many of these country has become the Joy of all nations.
Activity: 414
Merit: 250
BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure
February 12, 2018, 06:56:12 AM
They can if they want.Because they controll the internet. When you look at countrys like China, the censoring of the internet is very strong and the people have to get always new ways to bypass this censorship. So the people will always geta way to bypass these censorship, but the problem is that the average people dont put so many time in stuff like cryptos just to get a way to bypass them. They cant kill cryptos 100%, but the can restrict the use of it very much.

They can if they want.Because they controll the internet.
Really? I'm sorry, but I beg to disagree. The Government can't do that. What they can only do is to regulate cryptocurrency in their country. Or they can even ban cryptocurrency, just like what China did. They banned ICO, and that's the only thing they can do. They can't stop nor kill crypto by just by banning it. The Government may stop the people in dealing with cryptocurrency in their country, but that the doesn't mean that they can also stop the people from another country to be with crypto.

Yes that's really a good point though, Government do not have the power to stop cryptocurrencies as of this moment because many people are hoding the market not only one but many. So, that's very impossible to happened.
Activity: 482
Merit: 117
February 12, 2018, 06:49:49 AM
world government will never kill the cryptocurrency because some countries already used cryptocurrency as legal. they are not allowed to kill cryptos but in another countries also officially they are announcing crypto is must to kill but they are individually using the cryptos itself. so crypto will live for a long period.
Activity: 822
February 12, 2018, 06:37:04 AM
Government should look for a way to regulate cryptocurrency. I think government should embrace this, make it better instead of killing it. The technology is an great innovation it will be absolutely difficult for any government to succeed in killing it.
Activity: 266
Merit: 103
February 12, 2018, 06:25:53 AM
Governments might want to kill Crypto but the individuals themselves need it still. If they can manage to control it and make it less volatile then they would be happy. It's all mind games if you ask me. They say one thing but another thing is what they really want.
Activity: 90
Merit: 0
February 12, 2018, 06:12:38 AM

Can't world government kill crypto. Many country governments have multiple places Blockchain technology is trying to use.Crypto world day by day improve. Nobody can't stop this.
Activity: 32
February 12, 2018, 05:59:03 AM
Governments have no interest to kill crypto, even it was possible.
They just want to find a way to control and to tax it.
That's all.
Activity: 126
February 12, 2018, 05:58:39 AM
killing the crypto is the same as killing ghosts.
the government only needs to regulate and take taxes without having to force themselves to kill crypto Smiley
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
February 12, 2018, 05:56:55 AM
The government will not kill what can get bring money to it. Large taxes are more likely for the using of crypto. This has already been introduced in a number of countries.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
February 12, 2018, 05:48:21 AM
They will try but it will be hard to do so. Governments say they don't want Crypto, they want to ban it from certain countries and yet they use it themselves, not as an organisation but as individuals. Take Ripple for example, Central banks around the world use its technology all the time. This is 1 bit of proof that Governments need crypto, and it's quite possible that there are more examples out there.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
February 12, 2018, 05:43:34 AM
This goal in them has been around for a very long time and there have been many attempts to do this, but they did not succeed, therefore I am convinced that this time they will not do anything either.
Activity: 71
February 12, 2018, 05:35:42 AM
Big governments cannot tolerate Bitcoi
Still, the digital currency won't disappear. The technology behind it is far too powerful to be controlled by big government. Bitcoin will return back to its old role: a collectible currency for tech savvy enthusiasts.n, the digital currency that threatens to break their monopoly on printing money, and to manipulate the economy to accommodate the interests of powerful elites.

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253
February 12, 2018, 05:33:32 AM
The government can never really kill crypto because no one really knows how to kill it because it is a decentralized entity . The only thing that the government can do is to regulate it wherein they limit the capabilities of cryptos  such as it's uses and value.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
February 12, 2018, 05:27:44 AM
I think Crypto have a BIG community inside.
government doing their job
but the great community of crypto must be doing their job too
be the community with 1 vision "make crypto keep alive and great"
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
February 12, 2018, 05:26:40 AM
"Regardless, just because South Korea, China, the US and other countries can crush Bitcoin by issuing new regulations and influencing cryptocurrency prices, it doesn’t mean they can kill it".  The above quote is from the research information I got when I was trying to find out why world government is fighting crypto. Please read the full text here: https://www.ccn.com/fighting-bitcoin-cryptocurrency-trading-threat-government-policies/ and make your own contributions. It will help cool the nerves from the crypto dip we are experiencing recently. Happy reading. Thanks

The answer is in the question - only a world government could kill crypto by unifying legislation globally. In practice countries can't agree on anything, and the closest we have to a world government is the UN, which is woefully ineffective. And even if a lot of countries ban crypto, there will be a lot trying to exploit the situation by allowing crypto and trying to acquire greater wealth - similar to the global race to the bottom on corporation tax in a bid to attract multinationals.

TL;DR: no.
Activity: 224
Merit: 104
DIW - Decentralized Security
February 12, 2018, 05:24:38 AM
Governments want to get rid of Crypto and yet everyone uses it. Quite ironic if i must say. Since they are being used by everyone within the government then i doubt it will become obsolete any time soon.
Pages:
Jump to: