Pages:
Author

Topic: Canelo Alvarez tested positive on a banned substance - page 3. (Read 523 times)

Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
In response to the positive test, Golden Boy said that Alvarez would soon move his training camp to the United States from Mexico and put forward additional drug testing.
I am sure that he was really doping because his alibi is really funny blaming something that you ate as a result meanwhile he failed to mention the exact food that he ate which caused the positive test in the first place.
This should really be focused on if the issue is true or just a pure alibi.It havent even mentioned about the result on the food which have been consumed.They are no diverting the issue and it turns out that nothing happens.For the fans then you cant do something but to wait for their fight on more months because of such issue.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1565
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
I tend not to believe the athlete in cases like this. There is so much money involved that I think steroid use is much more common than tests show. They must have ways to hide their use from the system, only that from time to time someone gets caught.
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
In response to the positive test, Golden Boy said that Alvarez would soon move his training camp to the United States from Mexico and put forward additional drug testing.
I am sure that he was really doping because his alibi is really funny blaming something that you ate as a result meanwhile he failed to mention the exact food that he ate which caused the positive test in the first place.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
Every sport athlete that is caught with steroids on their system has a lot of excuses. But it looks like this meat contamination in Mexico has a lot of athletes affecting as far as going back as 2011. And almost all athletes has been affected as well.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/drugsinsport/8835036/Clenbuterol-positives-due-to-meat-contamination-gives-fresh-hope-to-Callum-Priestley-and-Alberto-Contador.html

I don't know but its seems fishy to me. This has been outbreak ever since so I think that camp should be very careful what his team is feeding him. Although I was quite surprise Canelo's performance during the first fight. I still JMM monstrous look during the last Pacquiao fight so it really hard not to be suspicious athletes from Mexico. I'm thinking that they maybe masking steroids abused all the while, IMHO.

Activity: 252
Merit: 0
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
Would you really believed his alibi? I mean he is a professional boxer and his diet is on a strict regime, meaning all the food he eats and even the water he drinks is examined and screened by his dieticians. If he get passed by his drug test it would mean a bad thing for Golovkin. He is obviously heavy and Clenbuterol is used for cutting down weight. Blaming the meat he eats only makes a lot of parties involve, I wouldn't be surprised if the cattle producer will be the one to take the fall here.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
I don't know if boxing fans here are aware of the latest news:

For those who have yet to hear, it was announced on Monday that Saul “Canelo” Alvarez had tested positive for “trace levels” of Clenbuterol during voluntary pre-fight screening for banned substances ahead of his May 5 rematch with Gennady Golovkin.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article32541.html

They blame it on the contaminated meat in Mexico which is really plaguing the country now. But I don't know if this is intentional or what and they are pointing fingers to the meat industry for using Clen to raised and breed their cattles to be more lean with less fat on it.

What's your take on this?

But I hope that GGG vs Alvarez II will push thru this May to settle once and for all who is the true p4p king.

The decision as to whether the march will put through will be left in the hands of the boxing federation to make and there is nothing we can do about it but some factors are important here and that is

1.Since its being established that the banned substance was from meat which he possibly could not have his personal diary farm to raise cows for him to consume and the test was something he did voluntarily, i think he should not be punished to the extreme because of that.

2. The amount of enthusiasm the match has generated which would translate to revenue. If the enthusiasm is something that high, then we are sure the match would hold but if not, they can afford to rule against him which would mean the game won't hold. Just hold on and let them decide.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
They blame it on the contaminated meat in Mexico which is really plaguing the country now. But I don't know if this is intentional or what and they are pointing fingers to the meat industry for using Clen to raised and breed their cattles to be more lean with less fat on it.

I remember the topic of tainted meat being a past issue in both the NFL and UFC. Here's a news story from 2016 about a NFL player being exonerated for a positive PED test claiming he consumed tainted beef in mexico.

NFL player’s ‘tainted Mexican beef’ steroid excuse actually worked

Houston Texans offensive tackle Duane Brown had his 10-game suspension for violating the league’s policy on performance-enhancing drugs overturned, successfully claiming he ingested bad beef while on vacation, ESPN reported Tuesday.

Brown was suspended last season after he tested positive for clenbuterol, which is on the league’s banned substance list. He appealed the suspension and won, arguing that the result was based on eating too much meat during a trip to Mexico.

Brown’s appeal included receipts for 10 hamburgers and two steaks during his trip to Baja, according to the report.

The NFL and NFLPA sent a joint statement to players warning them about the contaminated meat that could trigger a positive test.

https://nypost.com/2016/05/03/nfl-decides-texans-peds-were-actually-mexican-meat/

Frank Mir is one UFC fighter I can remember offhand who also claimed their positive PED test was a result of consuming tainted meat.

I think there is a relationship between cardio in combat sports like boxing or mixed martial arts and steroid abuse. Steroids damage the heart and cardiovascular system which causes fighters to have lower endurance. Of course, this is a generalization. The quantity and type of steroids an athlete abuses can have varying effects.

Looking at the first GGG versus Canelo fight, the endurance of GGG is one thing which stood out. It is possible that Canelo has abused steroids which could be one reason he'll never match GGG's high pace and output.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
I don't know if boxing fans here are aware of the latest news:

For those who have yet to hear, it was announced on Monday that Saul “Canelo” Alvarez had tested positive for “trace levels” of Clenbuterol during voluntary pre-fight screening for banned substances ahead of his May 5 rematch with Gennady Golovkin.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article32541.html

But I hope that GGG vs Alvarez II will push thru this May to settle once and for all who is the true p4p king.
Pages:
Jump to: