Pages:
Author

Topic: can't access electrum wallet - page 3. (Read 430 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 4
March 20, 2023, 09:52:10 AM
I updated to the newest version. The circle is green.

In this case, are you sure that the address you're checking on blockchain.com belongs to the wallet you're currently using? See the "addresses" tab or run the following command in the console:

Code:
ismine('address_here')

The command must return true.

Nothing in addresses. Command returned "Traceback"

Sorry, list of receiving addresses and change addresses

Sorry Omega, I'm not versed in this stuff. I thought I entered the command correctly but I didn't get the response expected. I think I'm wasting everyone's time here since I don't understand the instructions I'm being given. I don't know what I'm looking at and don't know what's supposed to happen. I'm worried I'll do something that will make the wallet permanently inaccessible.

Mod note: consecutive posts merged
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
March 20, 2023, 09:50:00 AM
You probably didn't enter the command correctly. With using the command mentioned by OmegaStarScream above, you should get either True or False. True means that the address is yours and False means that it's not yours.
To check if an address belongs to your wallet, you can also go to "Addresses" tab and see if the address is there. (If you don't see "Addresses" tab, click on "View" at top of the window and select and "Show addresses".)
March 20, 2023, 09:45:07 AM

In this case, are you sure that the address you're checking on blockchain.com belongs to the wallet you're currently using? See the "addresses" tab or run the following command in the console:

Code:
ismine('address_here')

staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
March 20, 2023, 09:30:08 AM

Code:
ismine('address_here')

March 20, 2023, 09:27:33 AM
Which version are you using? also, is the circled button red or green? If it's red, then it means your wallet is not connected to electrum servers, so it's normal that you can't see the funds.

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
March 20, 2023, 09:10:31 AM
Had not been in my electrum wallet for over a year. When I went in balance showed "0". Made a small purchase to see if it would show up. No luck. Did wallet new/restore using seed phrase. No luck.

I would update the wallet.

Download the new version here

https://electrum.org/#download

Did you generate the address for this transaction just before sending it? Are you sure you are in the correct wallet? Derivation path and seed?
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
March 20, 2023, 09:07:29 AM
Which version are you using? also, is the circled button red or green? If it's red, then it means your wallet is not connected to electrum servers, so it's normal that you can't see the funds.
March 20, 2023, 09:05:24 AM
Had not been in my electrum wallet for over a year. When I went in balance showed "0". Made a small purchase to see if it would show up. No luck. Did wallet new/restore using seed phrase. No luck. Went to BITREF to find all transactions I made were listed with the correct amounts and dates including the most recent on 3/18/23. No other activity. Was advised on another forum I need to open a different wallet in order to "bridge" the two wallets and transfer funds from electrum to new wallet. Is this a legitimate procedure or are they trying to set me up to steal the coins? The BITREF site and Blockchain.com shows the coins are still in the wallet address I own. Is there any possible way to access them since the electrum wallet doesn't seem to be functioning?
Pages:
Jump to: