Pages:
Author

Topic: Cant send BCH from ledger nano S wtf... 0.50 LTC to 1st person to solve it - page 2. (Read 239 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 41
not entirely sure how to use this converter to the new format.

I just try sending to coin base and it wont even let me do that.

Do I want to put my public key in here?

The other user is mistaken and thinks that you want to send Bitcoin, not Bitcoin Cash. Does any message pop up at all when you click send? If not you should uninstall and reinstall the chrome application.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
not entirely sure how to use this converter to the new format.

I just try sending to coin base and it wont even let me do that.

Do I want to put my public key in here?
the adress starts with qz8q

I am going to try and send some to coinbase just to check and see if it will go threw. what is the smallest amount I can send.

Technically speaking you should be able to send any amount less than your (wallet amount - tx fee).
Activity: 126
Merit: 50
Ask me for Pools, Nodes and Explorers.

I am going to try and send some to coinbase just to check and see if it will go threw. what is the smallest amount I can send.

Sorry, BCH addresses start like that. Try using this converter: https://cashaddr.bitcoincash.org/
Try sending to the address, which starts with 3 that you get from that converter. Could be that native BCH segwit addresses are not supported by Ledger Nano S.
Also you can send any amount which you'd like, as bitcoin cash fees are really low.

Edit: Address should start with qp rather than qz as far as i know. Where did you get this address from?

what do you mean by

DO NOT REUSE THE SEED! If I download this new wallet and toss the seed into it it should display my BCH to send. please alliterate

I have lots of other coins on my ledger I don't want to mess with at the moment.

I go to send the BCH to an address. I fill in the receiving address and the amount. I click the send button nothing happens. It would be like clicking on nothing on your desktop you can click all you want nothing happens.

All other coins send just fine.

I do have my ledger nano S seed. I am afraid to use it because its a large balance and I have other coins on the device as well.

Yes i see that screen exactly. I click the green send button NOTHING happens.

Have you verified the recipient address is correct and is a BCH address? Did you select the correct account under "account to debit"? Did you account for fees by sending less than your wallet amount?
-snip-

Which address are you trying to send your coins to? Im not sure if ledger nano supports native segwit, does the address start with bc or 3?
what do you mean by

DO NOT REUSE THE SEED! If I download this new wallet and toss the seed into it it should display my BCH to send. please alliterate

I have lots of other coins on my ledger I don't want to mess with at the moment.

I go to send the BCH to an address. I fill in the receiving address and the amount. I click the send button nothing happens. It would be like clicking on nothing on your desktop you can click all you want nothing happens.

All other coins send just fine.

I do have my ledger nano S seed. I am afraid to use it because its a large balance and I have other coins on the device as well.

Yes i see that screen exactly. I click the green send button NOTHING happens.
Please provide more details. What happens when you try to click "Send"? Do you see this screen?

Hey! I don't know what might be causing this problem, but i suggest that you use Electron cash for the process.
Download the client from Electroncash.org, after that it will ask you to create new wallet. Choose "Create new wallet" -> "I already have a seed" then enter the seed which was generated during the Ledger Nano S setup. After that press next, and enter password if you wish so.

Then you should generate a new seed with on Ledger Nano S and move the coins there hoping that you can send coins. If not, well then there is some kind of a problem with the wallet. Let me know if this works for you.

Edit: DO NOT REUSE THE SEED! Also it might be a software problem rather than hardware, but i'll wait for your response.
I have some coins I purchased from coin base and i moved them to my ledger nano S. I did research and moved them to my bitcoin cash split wallet. My coins show up just fine. When I go to send them the send button DOSE NOT WORK. It may as well not be there. what the heck. here is a screen shot. I will send .20 LTC to anyone who can solve my problem. Please post detailed response if you want the reward. Post up your public address.

https://ibb.co/hLKASH

BTC
Pages:
Jump to: