Author

Topic: [CAPT] CAPTcoin - page 156. (Read 1059804 times)

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1475
July 28, 2014, 11:02:10 PM
Just let me know how you would like me to proceed! I'm ready to pay them back to the CAPTcoin main wallet!!

Yeah, I got 65 extra, I'd be willing to pay it back.

Tomorrow I'll create a return address for every affected address.

In the meanwhile, you can keep claiming coins with the same address.
It will be counted as returned, and only the exceeding amount will be sent.

Thanks!

Wouldn't it just be easier to create one coin return address? That way any auditing could show what addresses sent their coins back to that one address, instead of making 106 different return addresses?

The problem is the wallet automatically creates several addresses.
If you've ever sent CAPTcoins, the wallet creates a new address to store the change.

Therefore, if a single return address is used, the payment won't always come directly from the affected address,
so there's no way to know for sure where it came from.

It gets worst if the user already sent some coins to an exchange.

With 106 different address, we can be sure whatever return-address A received came from its corresponding affected-address A.

legendary
July 28, 2014, 10:57:16 PM
Hello, i have use my own referral link like this MyRef.CAPTcoin.com, but after i submit once then it back to get.captcoin.com , sorry for this noob question but do i have to go to My.Ref.CAPTcoin.com again or just submit next CAPT on get.captcoin.com. Thank you and wish CAPTcoin will be best  Smiley

MyRef.CAPTcoin.com always redirects to get.CAPTcoin.com/?r=MyRef (provided MyRef is a valid referrer code)
Then the referrer (MyRef) is stored in a cookie.

So, no need to go every time to MyRef.CAPTcoin.com.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
July 28, 2014, 10:53:52 PM
Just let me know how you would like me to proceed! I'm ready to pay them back to the CAPTcoin main wallet!!

Thanks!

Wouldn't it just be easier to create one coin return address? That way any auditing could show what addresses sent their coins back to that one address, instead of making 106 different return addresses?
Activity: 69
July 28, 2014, 10:52:58 PM
Hello, i have use my own referral link like this MyRef.CAPTcoin.com, but after i submit once then it back to get.captcoin.com , sorry for this noob question but do i have to go to My.Ref.CAPTcoin.com again or just submit next CAPT on get.captcoin.com. Thank you and wish CAPTcoin will be best  Smiley
legendary
July 28, 2014, 10:43:23 PM

Thanks!
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
July 28, 2014, 10:31:25 PM
dev is doing a lot of work,.... good coin
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
July 28, 2014, 09:40:32 PM
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
July 28, 2014, 09:39:56 PM
nice coin.free and fair Roll Eyes
Activity: 116
July 28, 2014, 09:37:48 PM
Hi everybody,

Unfortunately, I made a mistake while manually processing the transactions automatically generated by the system:

I executed 3 transactions twice. Affected transactions are:

As a result, 106 unique addresses unfairly received a combined total of ⟳2,402.3636.

The full list of affected addresses is:
http://pastebin.com/hudGgqYV (sorted by received amount)

However, several of these addresses are still completing captchas and claiming CAPTcoins,
so the total amount has been now reduced to ⟳1,596.4739 (and lowering every second).

I'm extremely sorry for this mistake!

I must insist in the fact that the problem was in my manual execution of the transactions, and not in the automated system.

What I propose to do:

• Take measures so this will never happen again.
  • Publish the pending amount in the form corresponding to each of these addresses. Ask people to continue completing captchas. Only the amount exceeding the already paid value will be sent.
  • Create a unique receiving address for every of these addresses (a total of 106 unique receiving addresses). In the form, people will be asked to send the extra amount to the corresponding address.
    This sent amount will be registered and forwarded to distribution address #20.
    Please do not send the extra coins anywhere until this is set up.
(These steps have the objective of minimizing the impact of this mistake.)

I know several addresses won't see the message, or won't return the extra amount even after seeing the message.

To handle this, I propose:

• At the end of the distribution, calculate the maximum percentage of extra coins received by every address.
    For example, if an address earned ⟳1,000 but received ⟳1,100, it has an extra 10%.
  • Get the maximum percentage received by a single address.
    For example, if address A received 10% and address B received 5%, get the maximum 10%.
  • From the distribution fund (totaling ⟳20,000,000), send every single address the same percentage of extra coins.
    In this example, every single address would receive an extra 10%.
  • Of course, addresses who already received any extra coins would receive only the missing coins to reach the corresponding percentage.
    For example, Address A would receive 0%, address B would receive the missing 5%, and unaffected addresses would receive the full 10%.
  • As planed, the rest of coins will be destroyed.
(These steps have the objective of converting my mistake into a fair one.)

Again, I'm sorry for this mistake.

Please post any comments regarding my suggested plan of actions.

Hello EcuaMobi

I am responding to this post. I was one of the addresses that received an extra payment of 52 CAPTcoin's.
I think what would be fair and easier for you and the community as a whole, is to post the addresses that received the extra payment by mistake and the amount those addresses received.
Once the community member pays it back to CAPTcoin, then you could black line their address to signify paid and then post the paid Transaction ID next to it.
Kind of like this....

BEFORE...
Address: CTGWyjowj58V6asY8pwNafYcp5XDtRJFtv  CAPTcoin Overage: 52 CAPT  PAID BACK to CAPTcoin: Still owed

AFTER...
Address: CTGWyjowj58V6asY8pwNafYcp5XDtRJFtv  CAPTcoin Overage: 52 CAPT  PAID BACK to CAPTcoin: Transaction ID: 0ce1f0d1368c480b7f0d78a1412bdf43a6df2b181bfce6211c1f6a51d1ef3582

That way it stays public knowledge and fair. For the ones that don't payback...well?
My suggestion would be to give a bonus of CAPTcoin's to the others that are paid and squared up?
And leave out the ones that didn't pay back the honest CAPTcoin mistake. They get NADDA!!!

July 28, 2014, 09:10:47 PM
Some capt's sold for as much as 19000 satoshis today.  Don't sleep on this coin!
Yeah, but current price is around 3000 satoshis

Not bad for 30 seconds of work.
Yeah, I have 1500 haha, but I'm going to sell either when it halves or when the distribution period is over.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
July 28, 2014, 09:07:16 PM
Some capt's sold for as much as 19000 satoshis today.  Don't sleep on this coin!

Not bad for 30 seconds of work.
July 28, 2014, 09:06:29 PM
Some capt's sold for as much as 19000 satoshis today.  Don't sleep on this coin!
Activity: 364
July 28, 2014, 08:59:59 PM
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
July 28, 2014, 08:17:31 PM
Real cool concept !

I'm in !

legendary
July 28, 2014, 07:34:32 PM
Announcement
CAPTcoin Paper Wallet

Now you can keep your CAPTcoin offline.

Easily generate your CAPTcoin paper wallet here:

http://CAPTcoin.com/paper/

RT: https://twitter.com/CAPTcoin/status/493905422906949632
legendary
July 28, 2014, 04:35:06 PM
Twitter giveaway

There will be a small Twitter giveaway, to be given to a random follower of @CAPTcoin

Please donate for this giveaway. You can send any amount (⟳1, ⟳5, ⟳10) here:
CcW6zuRaivuSYpDpyi792EyH7GuGFcimgx
(100% of this fund will be given away, in either one or more giveaways).

I've donated the first ⟳25:
http://explore.captcoin.com/tx/39a7c4f977f9d62abbb99e68d039cf3c1ed630b19fb6d9bea704b198f56314ce

You can also participate in the giveaway by following @CAPTcoin.

Spread the word!

Thank you for your donations! ⟳41 so far.

It'd be great to reach ⟳100 to start the giveaway. But at least ⟳50 are required.

Please donate to CcW6zuRaivuSYpDpyi792EyH7GuGFcimgx

⟳50 have been donated for the Twitter giveaway. Thanks!

Can we reach ⟳100?

Activity: 461
July 28, 2014, 04:24:09 PM
I have been doing a couple of transactions, deposits and withdrawals and ALL went smooth and fast.
Keep up the good work there and coin-swap will grow !
Do you guys plan on issuing shares ?
Activity: 98
July 28, 2014, 03:08:55 PM

CAPT is listed at Coin-Swap.net

Markets
CAPT/BTC

Join our IRC channel
#coin-swap

Registration
Register

MFA Authentication
How to setup MFA with Google Authenticator

Support
Contact

Deposits
Confirmations are currently set to 10. You can watch the status of your deposit from your Deposit page.
legendary
July 28, 2014, 01:46:56 PM
Hi everybody,

Unfortunately, I made a mistake while manually processing the transactions automatically generated by the system:

I executed 3 transactions twice. Affected transactions are:

As a result, 106 unique addresses unfairly received a combined total of ⟳2,402.3636.

The full list of affected addresses is:
http://pastebin.com/hudGgqYV (sorted by received amount)

However, several of these addresses are still completing captchas and claiming CAPTcoins,
so the total amount has been now reduced to ⟳1,596.4739 (and lowering every second).

I'm extremely sorry for this mistake!

I must insist in the fact that the problem was in my manual execution of the transactions, and not in the automated system.

What I propose to do:

• Take measures so this will never happen again.
  • Publish the pending amount in the form corresponding to each of these addresses. Ask people to continue completing captchas. Only the amount exceeding the already paid value will be sent.
  • Create a unique receiving address for every of these addresses (a total of 106 unique receiving addresses). In the form, people will be asked to send the extra amount to the corresponding address.
    This sent amount will be registered and forwarded to distribution address #20.
    Please do not send the extra coins anywhere until this is set up.
(These steps have the objective of minimizing the impact of this mistake.)

I know several addresses won't see the message, or won't return the extra amount even after seeing the message.

To handle this, I propose:

• At the end of the distribution, calculate the maximum percentage of extra coins received by every address.
    For example, if an address earned ⟳1,000 but received ⟳1,100, it has an extra 10%.
  • Get the maximum percentage received by a single address.
    For example, if address A received 10% and address B received 5%, get the maximum 10%.
  • From the distribution fund (totaling ⟳20,000,000), send every single address the same percentage of extra coins.
    In this example, every single address would receive an extra 10%.
  • Of course, addresses who already received any extra coins would receive only the missing coins to reach the corresponding percentage.
    For example, Address A would receive 0%, address B would receive the missing 5%, and unaffected addresses would receive the full 10%.
  • As planed, the rest of coins will be destroyed.
(These steps have the objective of converting my mistake into a fair one.)

Again, I'm sorry for this mistake.

Please post any comments regarding my suggested plan of actions.
Jump to: