Author

Topic: [CAPT] CAPTcoin - page 171. (Read 1059804 times)

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1475
July 17, 2014, 06:03:09 PM
Please post your opinions about these CAPTchas to use during distribution.

If you have solid reasons to not even consider one option, expose it here.

Feel free to propose any new candidates.

After some feedback is gathered, I'll start a poll.

Is the plan to choose the best one OR pick the best 3 of the above and have 'miners' do one of each per payout ORr are you planning on presenting 3 random captures from the 8 possible? I think the latter might be more secure. Having looked at them they all seem ok and by mixing them up, rather than using the same 3, it would give bots a significantly tougher time. And it always leaves the possibility of adding more (secure) capchas to the pool of 8.

I like the Google and the Sweetcaptcha the best

At the moment, reCaptcha, SweetCaptcha and Asirra are the strongest candidates.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Unfortunately, Asirra's server is down, and it's not the first time.

So it seems it won't be reliable to use it.

m3
Activity: 460
Merit: 250
July 17, 2014, 11:26:07 AM
Excited to post an article about this coin.
Activity: 774
Merit: 503
July 16, 2014, 09:42:39 PM
Any captcha service provider from the list that never been hacked or bypassed by bots would be great.
legendary
July 16, 2014, 09:03:28 PM

Is the plan to choose the best one OR pick the best 3 of the above and have 'miners' do one of each per payout ORr are you planning on presenting 3 random captures from the 8 possible? I think the latter might be more secure. Having looked at them they all seem ok and by mixing them up, rather than using the same 3, it would give bots a significantly tougher time. And it always leaves the possibility of adding more (secure) capchas to the pool of 8.

At the moment, reCaptcha, SweetCaptcha and Asirra are the strongest candidates.

Any feedback is appreciated.

legendary
July 16, 2014, 10:46:58 AM
freecion?what i get to it?

Do you mean how do you get the coins?

Please read the OP, particularly Distribution.

CAPTcoin will be distributed during 50 days. Anybody will be able to grab their share of CAPTcoins.

When?

CAPTCoin distribution will start on Friday, July the 25th 2014 at 5PM UTC.
It will last 50 days, until Saturday, September the 13th 2014 at 5PM UTC.
However, if all  20,000.000 are distributed before that date, then the distribution is over.

How?

To claim CAPTcoin, you need to go to http://get.CAPTcoin.com
There, you'll need to enter your own CAPTcoin address and complete 3 CAPT-chas for every claim.

There will be 3 CAPT-chas for every claim for two reasons:
  • Every CAPT-cha will be from separate providers, making even more difficult for bots to hack the system.
  • Because everyone will be investing a considerable amount of time for every claim, coins will be valuable.

How many coins?

Every time a claim is made, user will be rewarded either 1, 0.5 or 0.25 CAPTcoins (see "Schedule").
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
July 16, 2014, 10:37:02 AM
freecion?what i get to it?
legendary
July 15, 2014, 11:40:01 AM
Progress is going as planned so far.

Here's a preview of the form to claim the coins:

Now developing:
  • List of addresses sorted by total claimed amount, number of claims, or date.
  • List of transactions to fulfill rewards. Transactions and their corresponding sendmany commands will be generated automatically, but run locally for security.
  • Processes to automatically update those lists periodically.

10 days to launch!

legendary
July 15, 2014, 09:56:59 AM
The Spanish translation can be read here -> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7854375

Thanks!

OP has been updated along with the list of contributors.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
July 15, 2014, 08:04:01 AM
The Spanish translation can be read here -> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7854375
Activity: 112
July 14, 2014, 10:05:39 PM
Seems so perfect ,so strict . Good thing!
legendary
July 14, 2014, 02:34:27 PM
Announcement
The banner Ads auction

The form to claim 100% of CAPTcoins (http://get.captcoin.com/) will be seen by thousands of people, several times per day during 50 days.

If the community agrees, there will be an auction so promoters can pay a fee to show a banner there.

Basic conditions are:

• get.captcoin.com will have Google Analytics and the stats will be published daily.
  • There will be a top 728x90 and a bottom 250x250 banners.
  • The auction will last 10 days, starting when CAPTcoin is launched (July the 25th).
    Bidders will be able to check Analytics and update bids.
  • The winners will send the payment (in Bitcoins) to a trusted escrow of bitcointalk.org
  • After that period, banners will be shown during the remaining distribution period (until September the 13th, or until all 20M CAPT are distributed).
  • 100% of the paid Bitcoins will be used to buy CAPTcoins. There will be thread in the official forum (https://forum.captcoin.com/index.php/board,2.0.html)
    so users can post offers to sell their CAPTcoins. This purchase will last at least until the end of the distribution.
  • The purchased CAPTcoins will be sent to the bounty fund (CYvuVEus2FgZwEVB5Us3FeSgYfL6v89drT)
    to support future development (see Bounties & Donations in the OP).

This auction has 2 main purposes:
  • Create an initial demand for CAPTcoins.
  • Create a bounty fund to motivate new developments.

Please post your feedback.
Activity: 218
Merit: 102
July 14, 2014, 12:17:23 PM

I like recaptcha and asirra.
legendary
July 14, 2014, 10:13:05 AM

The original plan is to choose the 3 best (more difficult to hack) systems and use always those 3, but I'm open to suggestions.

The problem I see on mixing them up is that some are more time-consuming and difficult to hack than others.
In the case of real people, anyone can just refresh the form until the fastest to complete are shown.
They would save time and therefore claim more coins than other users that don't do that.

Regarding bots, they can hack any 3 of those captchas (3 of 8, i.e. 37.5%) and then automatically reload
until exactly those 3 captchas are shown.
If the form always presents the 3 hardest forms, bots have to be able to hack exactly those 3 (3 of 3, 100%)
to automatically complete the form.

Activity: 252
July 14, 2014, 04:25:31 AM
Sounds interesting!
Activity: 116
July 13, 2014, 11:31:08 PM

Activity: 67
July 13, 2014, 10:21:17 PM

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
July 13, 2014, 08:59:48 AM
This is a coin for everyone, fair distribution plan!
Activity: 116
July 13, 2014, 01:40:53 AM
hmmm, interesting thought
Activity: 336
July 12, 2014, 12:37:28 PM
 The more time you invest, the more coins you get.

FAIR DISTRIBUTION !

legendary
July 11, 2014, 07:36:32 PM
To lessen the chances that CAPTcoins run out prematurely and distribution is over before the 50-day period,
the reward plan has been reduced to 1, 0.5 and 0.25 (instead of 4, 2 and 1):

Wednesday, July the 9th 2014: Pre-announcement

Friday, July the 25th 2014 at 5PM UTC: CAPTcoin launch.
Everybody will be able to claim 1 for every CAPT-cha form completion, during 10 days.

Monday, August the 4th 2014 at 5PM UTC: Reward halving.
Everybody will be able to claim 0.5 for every CAPT-cha form completion, during 20 days.

Sunday, August the 24th 2014 at 5PM UTC: Reward halving.
Everybody will be able to claim 0.25 for every CAPT-cha form completion, during 20 days.

Saturday, September the 13th 2014 at 5PM UTC: Destruction of the remaining coins.
After the 50-day distribution is over, all remaining coins will be destroy.
This destruction will be made by sending them to this address:

CaptCoinDoNotSendCoinsHereXXJmVg2R

Note: If all 20,000,000 are claimed before September the 13th, the distribution process would finish earlier.

You can read more information here:
https://forum.captcoin.com/index.php/topic,6.0.html

Of course, no changes at all will happen after CAPTcoin is officially launched and distribution starts.

Jump to: