Pages:
Author

Topic: Cardano vs Ethereum - page 2. (Read 738 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 3
Navigating the Crypto world & Holding BGB Along..
February 22, 2024, 05:15:33 PM
Do you think Cardano will replace Ethereum?

Personally, I think that both blockchains will develop in different directions in the future.
Both blockchains would therefore be relevant and coexist.

I personally think of something like this:
Ethereum = DeFi
Cardano = dApp

I also thought of something like this:
Ethereum = NFT & Gaming
Cardano = dApp & DeFi

It's a simple answer. Cardano can't replace eth.. definitely not possible
Activity: 182
Merit: 120
Cashback 15%
February 22, 2024, 04:16:14 PM
Every coin has its own place and value and one coin cannot take place of other and cannot replace other. Etheruem is more successful coin so I don't think that without bitcoin any other coin can go more higher than Etheruem in price. With the passage of time when bitcoin grows ethereum will also grow in its worth so I think cardano cannot replace etheruem but it can become a successful coin in future but replacement of ethereum with cardano is not possible.
What's the comparison for and why will the op think of comparing Etheruem and cardano, even with the slightest research you'll find out that Etheruem is bigger in terms of price, marketcap, supply etc. The worth of Etheruem has increased so massive and seeing the price this week is surprising, Etheruem is know as the second big coin so there's no point comparing both likewise cardano, cardano is also a good one but Etheruem seems to surpass cardano greatly as time goes on and I don't think the price of cardano can outshine Etheruem
Activity: 1358
Merit: 326
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
February 22, 2024, 11:33:01 AM
Every coin has its own place and value and one coin cannot take place of other and cannot replace other. Etheruem is more successful coin so I don't think that without bitcoin any other coin can go more higher than Etheruem in price. With the passage of time when bitcoin grows ethereum will also grow in its worth so I think cardano cannot replace etheruem but it can become a successful coin in future but replacement of ethereum with cardano is not possible.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 597
February 22, 2024, 09:59:24 AM
When Cardano was so good, many were optimistic about it. And I think for every project that has been so good, they're always like that. We're too optimistic about them and shows that we're passionate about them but then, when the time is done and years have passed.
They're no longer the same and they're already too old to compare with the projects that we used to be equal of in our opinion. In current time, I don't even think that ADA will get close to ETH once again.
Activity: 224
Merit: 216
February 22, 2024, 08:34:56 AM
Yes true. Cardano will never act as an alternative to Ethereum. Ethereum's ecosystem is strong enough and neither cardano nor Solana is likely to achieve the same popularity as Ethereum. So I think it's unfair to compare cardano with ethereum.  But we can see SOL as a bit of an alternative to BNB but not from the blockchain side but from the marketcap side. Because SOL marketcap is almost on track to surpass BNB
Cardano will never be a replacement for Ethereum. Many may think that Cardano can overtake Ethereum and those who think so I think are wrong. As we know Cardano is Decentralized Proof of Stake Blockchain and Ethereum is Decentralized Blockchain. Ethereum coins have smart contract functionality. In terms of market capitalization, the position of Ethereum coin is after Bitcoin. Moreover, Ethereum is a powerful and popular platform.
Activity: 420
Merit: 200
I like to treat everyone as a friend 🔹
February 22, 2024, 06:00:30 AM

Personally, I think that both blockchains will develop in different directions in the future.

Ethereum = DeFi
Cardano = dApp

Ethereum = NFT & Gaming
Cardano = dApp & DeFi
We all know that Ethereum is one of the largest and most popular platforms in the cryptocurrency market.Many people can easily tell just by looking at the cryptocurrency market that Cardano is lagging behind Ethereum. When the Cardano token came to the market, many thought that this token might compete with the Ethereum coin. However, later on, it was no longer the case that the price of the Ethereum coin increased in the same way that the price of the Cardano token did not increase in the same way. Ethereum price hit $3000 yesterday.
Of course, Ethereum is a massive platform and its current market value is above $3000. Cardano is not that popular coin and Ethereum has the most circulation in the market, so we should not compare this coin with Ethereum. Of course, you are right, Cardano coin value is much lower than Ethereum value. And for the past few days, the position in the market and the price of Ethereum is constantly entering above $3000.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 292
February 22, 2024, 04:08:07 AM

(...)

My portfolio is both ETH and ADA, I don't like competing between them because really the information anyone attaches is meaningless. Even before ADA launched, I really had high hopes for the potential it could create, but over time I realized the ETH position more and more. Anyway, let's not judge which is better, as both are good cryptocurrencies and can offer profit opportunities. Although we know that there will still be problems on each chain, this is crypto, everything is still too new and needs more time to develop further.

I'd say none. If we compare the past popularity and current rate of adoptance, it's not hard to see that both of these sidechains are dying. Ethereum would have some degree of pioneer bias that may make it last longer but cardano had failed even before actually starting the race. They have some running dapps but they lag behind in technical advancement like high TPS compared to other contemporary projects. Ethereum is so laggy that I have to think twice before choosing to make a transaction. And there are so few and unpopular options on cardano that I had never used any of its dapps even though I still hold a small number of ADA tokens.

Yep, not denying your point with them as I also feel many situations are technically unsatisfactory, but nonetheless, this is the space that we learn to accept in order to find opportunities. And not to overstate it as a gamble for choice, just the fact that we accept the reasons for profit, and the fact that whales still hold a lot of ETH and ADA in their portfolios investment. They will all benefit when the price increase period occurs. If we only look at the ecosystem and technological capabilities, we all understand that new users always disagree about usage (fees, speed,...) and easily choose another cryptocurrency that meets the criteria. But this is an investment, the target is still profit and each person will have their own choice for that, do not impose too much opinion but remember to be responsible for your own investment.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
February 21, 2024, 01:27:58 PM

CARDANO and ETHEREUM cannot be compared because ETHEREUM is clearly above CARDANO. but the good news is that currently CARDANO remains one of the big altcoins because it is ranked 11th in the CMC.
Sorry, if you ask what altcoin can be held comfortably for a long time I will answer USDT  Grin the reason is because in two years it seems like the bullish phase has ended and entered the bearish phase (just kidding)  Cheesy Cheesy

It is true that in the current scenario of cryptocurrencies market there is no parallel between Ethereum and Cardano, Ethereum stands out as one of the top leading digital currency with huge funding on its network due to its strong use case.

However, it is worth noting that Cardano and Polkadot have recently entered into partnership agreement. This collaboration aims to develop innovative products to capture interest of the community through their distinctive features. Let's watch and wait how they meet market expectations when they unveil their developments.

the development will have no problem as any developer team will consider doing so to any large projects but as long as Cardano doesn't have a known stablecoin like USDC or USDT, its market will have less liquidity making its price grow very slowly.

cardano price will still be going up but it seems so slow i tried buying some of it last year and it seems like the profit is still less than 10%. if trouble is ahead like SEC going to keep pressuring Charles, the price will surely dive.
copper member
Activity: 1260
Merit: 698
February 21, 2024, 12:05:16 PM

CARDANO and ETHEREUM cannot be compared because ETHEREUM is clearly above CARDANO. but the good news is that currently CARDANO remains one of the big altcoins because it is ranked 11th in the CMC.
Sorry, if you ask what altcoin can be held comfortably for a long time I will answer USDT  Grin the reason is because in two years it seems like the bullish phase has ended and entered the bearish phase (just kidding)  Cheesy Cheesy

It is true that in the current scenario of cryptocurrencies market there is no parallel between Ethereum and Cardano, Ethereum stands out as one of the top leading digital currency with huge funding on its network due to its strong use case.

However, it is worth noting that Cardano and Polkadot have recently entered into partnership agreement. This collaboration aims to develop innovative products to capture interest of the community through their distinctive features. Let's watch and wait how they meet market expectations when they unveil their developments.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
February 21, 2024, 10:14:57 AM
Now the question should be which among this two altcoins is the vanguard of altcoins, Ethereum, right. And Ethereum didn't just attain such feat overnight there are performance it has given the user+base over time which I believe Cardano is yet to get close to despite how Cardano has been doing great in value recently. If you ask any cryptocurrency user that aside from bitcoin what other coin can he comfortably hold for long perhaps for the next 2 years or so without fears, the conviction is that almost every one will go for ethereum. And they will have many substantial reasons for that.
Sorry, if you ask what altcoin can be held comfortably for a long time I will answer USDT  Grin the reason is because in two years it seems like the bullish phase has ended and entered the bearish phase (just kidding)  Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 2478
Merit: 210
February 21, 2024, 09:50:47 AM

Well Charles Hoskinson the founder of Cardano is also the co-founder of Ethereum so in a way yes they do coexist. Cardano seemed to be called as the Ethereum Killer But will Cardano ever be on the same level as ethereum or surpass it? I don’t think so. Cardano would have to increase 5000x just to be on the same level of ethereum.

Despite Cardano having a unique proof of stake mechanism, it is not enough to attract more users. Some people even consider Cardano as a dead project because of too low user activity.

Ethereum will remain in its place.
Activity: 378
Merit: 113
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 21, 2024, 09:39:44 AM

Ethereum = DeFi
Cardano = dApp

Ethereum = NFT & Gaming
Cardano = dApp & DeFi

The Ethereum platform is the most popular of the Cardeno platform, because the Ethereum platform has the most investors, who have invested more of their assets. If any coin has become popular as an Altcoin after Bitcoin, it is on the Ethereum platform. I believe that Ethereum is one of the Altcoins.
Activity: 504
Merit: 198
If bitcoin be for me...
February 21, 2024, 09:30:19 AM
Now the question should be which among this two altcoins is the vanguard of altcoins, Ethereum, right. And Ethereum didn't just attain such feat overnight there are performance it has given the user+base over time which I believe Cardano is yet to get close to despite how Cardano has been doing great in value recently. If you ask any cryptocurrency user that aside from bitcoin what other coin can he comfortably hold for long perhaps for the next 2 years or so without fears, the conviction is that almost every one will go for ethereum. And they will have many substantial reasons for that.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 644
February 21, 2024, 09:07:10 AM

Ethereum = DeFi
Cardano = dApp

Ethereum = NFT & Gaming
Cardano = dApp & DeFi

So funny man, I couldn't think that there are people who believe that shit projects like Cardano will ever be replaced with Ethereum. What is the role of Cardano in the crypto history and any updates about Cardano? Cardano is 1/1000 of Ethereum and there is no way to compete with Ethereum. Ethereum is best coin and second most demanded coin after btc. If any project which could compete with Ethereum then It would be solona but you can check that Solona is also far behind of Ethereum success. Is dapp and defi not supported by Ethereum? I think Ethereum will be first project which wotk as dapp and Defi then how Cardano will replace Ethereum?
Activity: 1034
Merit: 103
February 21, 2024, 09:02:37 AM

(...)

My portfolio is both ETH and ADA, I don't like competing between them because really the information anyone attaches is meaningless. Even before ADA launched, I really had high hopes for the potential it could create, but over time I realized the ETH position more and more. Anyway, let's not judge which is better, as both are good cryptocurrencies and can offer profit opportunities. Although we know that there will still be problems on each chain, this is crypto, everything is still too new and needs more time to develop further.

I'd say none. If we compare the past popularity and current rate of adoptance, it's not hard to see that both of these sidechains are dying. Ethereum would have some degree of pioneer bias that may make it last longer but cardano had failed even before actually starting the race. They have some running dapps but they lag behind in technical advancement like high TPS compared to other contemporary projects. Ethereum is so laggy that I have to think twice before choosing to make a transaction. And there are so few and unpopular options on cardano that I had never used any of its dapps even though I still hold a small number of ADA tokens.
copper member
Activity: 1260
Merit: 698
February 21, 2024, 09:00:50 AM

Ethereum = DeFi
Cardano = dApp

Ethereum = NFT & Gaming
Cardano = dApp & DeFi

Although it is extremely challenging to predict future of block chain technologies, however it seems unlikely that cardano to replace Ethereum in the near future. Ethereum has been a pioneer in smart contracts and decentralized applications (dApps). it has got significant adoption which is also reflective from its price and total value locked (TVL) that amounts to $47 Billion, on its block chain.

On the other hand, Cardano focuses on scalability, interoperability and sustainability. It is still struggling to come up with projects those are user friendly and can attract significant investment from major institutions.

Activity: 1624
Merit: 292
February 21, 2024, 08:29:26 AM

(...)

Activity: 997
Merit: 279
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
February 21, 2024, 08:10:57 AM

I don't think Cardano will replace Ethereum. and I don't see any reason for that to happen. if you are saying that on the basis of transaction fee then Cardano can be used as an alternative source to send and receive payments, but replacing is really different which I don't think will happen.
Cardano is the winner in term of Transaction fee tho.

Ethereum = DeFi
Cardano = dApp

Ethereum = NFT & Gaming
Cardano = dApp & DeFi
Both blockchains can be used for pretty much everything. there are tons of dapps, defi protocols, gaming and nft projectts built on top of Cardano and Eth blockchain.. but are equally competing with each other in these aspects.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 390
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 21, 2024, 06:41:51 AM

Ethereum = DeFi
Cardano = dApp

Ethereum = NFT & Gaming
Cardano = dApp & DeFi
Cardano will not be able to replace Ethereum. because we can see that the ecosystem in Ethereum continues to develop rapidly. Not only in Layer 1 but layer 2 is also developing rapidly, such as Arbitrum which is also continuing to develop. ADA actually also has its own advantages. So I also think that both will go side by side and have their respective advantages and disadvantages.
Yes true. Cardano will never act as an alternative to Ethereum. Ethereum's ecosystem is strong enough and neither cardano nor Solana is likely to achieve the same popularity as Ethereum. So I think it's unfair to compare cardano with ethereum.  But we can see SOL as a bit of an alternative to BNB but not from the blockchain side but from the marketcap side. Because SOL marketcap is almost on track to surpass BNB
Activity: 210
Merit: 39
February 21, 2024, 05:45:27 AM

Ethereum = DeFi
Cardano = dApp

Ethereum = NFT & Gaming
Cardano = dApp & DeFi
Many may think that Cardano is scalability, interoperability and sustainability will kill Ethereum. Do you think so? For those two coins I don't think anyone would vote Cardano in a Cardano vs Ethereum comparison. The leader of altcoin is Ethereum. Yes it may be that the Cardano price will increase in the future, I don't think Cardano will overtake Ethereum as the number one alt coin in the market in the next two decades. Although Cardano has made considerable progress in recent years, it is still far from overtaking Ethereum as the dominant smart contract platform.
Pages:
Jump to: