Pages:
Author

Topic: Cars That Can Be Purchased with Bitcoin - page 2. (Read 1012 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1074
Youtube Channel = Aak Zaki
Only car companies in developed countries adopt bitcoin or accept Bitcoin as payment. in developed countries or countries that still do not accept bitcoin, buying a car with bitcoin is still not possible. Regulations applied in some developing countries such as my country Indonesia, are only for commodity trading and are not allowed as legal payments.
What I know is that only Tesla accepts Bitcoin, but Tesla stopped accepting bitcoin in advance for the reason that Bitcoin is too wasteful to use the fuel used by bitcoin miners. Tesla will receive bitcoins back if the energy consumption of bitcoin miners is 50% clean and environmentally friendly.
Activity: 812
Merit: 105
Thanks for giving us useful information. However, I live in a country where using bitcoin to purchase goods or cars is prohibit. Therefore, no company wants to against the government or they will be punished immediately. If I had a chance to live in the US or the EU, I would spend my bitcoin to own a car to show my empathy to bitcoin fans among the world.

I guess many people will prevent me because of the potential of bitcoin and I might regret once the price of bitcoin increases higher. But actually, I do not care at all

In my country there is no car showroom that accepts bitcoin as a means of payment, even though the government in my country does not prohibit using bitcoin but the shops in my country are not ready to accept bitcoin as a means of payment, the reason is because the price of bitcoin is unstable so they prefer to accept real money.
Activity: 2198
Merit: 347
Majority of the car dealers accepting bitcoin is from USA. Few stores from Japan, London and one from Switzerland is being added on the post. This means the wide usage of bitcoin is felt much on the different states of USA than rest of the world. Similar level of acceptable need to be found on the global scale.

When Lambo ?

In an article read about a person buying Lamborghini with bitcoin. This happened few years back. He bought a property in exchange for bitcoin and due to the bullish trend and it's volatile nature he was to pay less bitcoin in terms of USD compared to the amount for which he had agreed. With the profit out of the volatility he bought a Lamborghini with the bitcoins left.
When it comes to adoption and acceptance on some merchants then it might not be on full scale but we can really make out some comparison in numbers between years or literally on early years
compared to the present which does signifies that we are really heading there but dont expect much that we would really be going in full adoption because some people would still prefer on using
fiat and also we do really think off that bitcoin is much more worth to hold or simply making it as a speculative asset which is good for long term.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 532
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
Majority of the car dealers accepting bitcoin is from USA. Few stores from Japan, London and one from Switzerland is being added on the post. This means the wide usage of bitcoin is felt much on the different states of USA than rest of the world. Similar level of acceptable need to be found on the global scale.

When Lambo ?

In an article read about a person buying Lamborghini with bitcoin. This happened few years back. He bought a property in exchange for bitcoin and due to the bullish trend and it's volatile nature he was to pay less bitcoin in terms of USD compared to the amount for which he had agreed. With the profit out of the volatility he bought a Lamborghini with the bitcoins left.
Activity: 980
Merit: 364
maybe many people will do this if.the company wants.to accept bitcoin as a means.of payment to buy a car, but for now we need a lot.of patience.to do this because in.my country the government has.not released.bitcoin as a legal currency in.Indonesia. my country, if.the government had.relieved.it then I would.have done that to buy a vehicle
I also come from Indonesia, actually without the government having to ratify Bitcoin as a legal tender you can still buy a car with Bitcoin here, using the P2P system, you contact someone who sells his car with a payment agreement using Bitcoin directly. but car sellers and buyers using Bitcoin are very rare here.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
why most.people are reluctant.to talk about bitcoin maybe because they don't understand or because there.are many rejections from various countries.against bitcoin, maybe that could.be one of them.therefore if.this happens.it's not just a car that can.be used to buy bitcoin even there.are so many other examples.that can.be used to buy something but at this time we still can't.use it.we just need to wait for time for it.to hopefully.happen
Dude, you forgot a full stop at the end of your last sentence! I don't remember the last time I saw someone write the way you do. You do know you have a spacebar on the phone/PC you are using right?

this information is very helpful, and I hope there will be additional updates to the list of shops that provide car payments with bitcoin
Sure, it remains one of the things I can update sometimes in the future. But I also welcome other users to chip in and share what dealerships they know of that accept crypto payments for cars.

a few minutes ago I only found out that only Tesla implemented a system by buying a car with bitcoin but after reading this thread I just found out that a lot of sports and luxury cars can be bought with bitcoin.
To be precise, Tesla and Musk no longer accept bitcoin. After his successful manipulation and hype scheme, he decided to remove bitcoin from the accepted payment methods. 
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
~
Similarly, in our country, bitcoin is becoming more popular, whereas previously only a few people were aware of it, leading to increased adoption of bitcoin, as well as government and bank discussing about it. Unlike in other countries, there are small businesses and physical stores that accept bitcoin; I also saw a bitcoin ATM, which we do not have in our country. Agreed, time well tell, mostly third-world countries are adopting bitcoin as a payment method, and those other countries will accept it in the future. Buying a lambo with bitcoin is fantastic! I heard about this news in 2016, and we thought it would never happen, but they are now accepting bitcoin!
I have used Bitcoin ATM in the past but i am not happy with the fees and there is no point in using them when you can purchase them with ease using exchanges and i never used them after that. Third world countries accepting Bitcoin can be a prime time news but what changes will it make to the ecosystem is to be seen.

If i am planning to purchase a car, i might influence the car dealer to accept Bitcoin so that it can be a huge advertisement for him and his showroom  Grin.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 593
for now maybe we can't make transactions in buying cars using bitcoin because our country bitcoin is still not adopted by the government to make buying and selling transactions as is done by several countries in the world with many of these countries legalizing bitcoin as a medium of exchange legitimate ones like we can buy a car using bitcoin, so we need to be patient for the upcoming processing time

Similarly, in our country, bitcoin is becoming more popular, whereas previously only a few people were aware of it, leading to increased adoption of bitcoin, as well as government and bank discussing about it. Unlike in other countries, there are small businesses and physical stores that accept bitcoin; I also saw a bitcoin ATM, which we do not have in our country. Agreed, time well tell, mostly third-world countries are adopting bitcoin as a payment method, and those other countries will accept it in the future. Buying a lambo with bitcoin is fantastic! I heard about this news in 2016, and we thought it would never happen, but they are now accepting bitcoin!
Activity: 1680
Merit: 259
After reading this thread, I realized that I had made a mistake and needed to look for more news so I wouldn't be left with up-to-date information.
a few minutes ago I only found out that only Tesla implemented a system by buying a car with bitcoin but after reading this thread I just found out that a lot of sports and luxury cars can be bought with bitcoin.
thanks to the op for opening my eyes as this is the latest knowledge i know. but even so I don't intend to exchange my assets just for a car Smiley
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
any kind of car can be bought in your country using bitcoin, but in our country you are not allowed to buy a car using bitcoin, exchanging bitcoin for fiat currency is very difficult, in your country buying something using bitcoin is allowed, but unfortunately in my country the government has not allowed us to buy using bitcoin, if i can be accepted in your country i think i want to move to your country..
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1150
Meanwhile, I know that now we can buy anything using bitcoin if the buyer and seller agree to accept bitcoin as a mean of payment. Even though so far in my opinion my country still prohibits bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as a mean of payment, I'm sure there are still some buying and selling transaction involving bitcoin without the government's knowledge.

The adoption of bitcoin at this time has developed quite well and users can use it as a mean of payment including buying luxury cars like the one in the OP. But unfortunately, the adoption of bitcoin in my country is still prohibited by the government with its regulation. Regardless, I still hope that bitcoin can be adopted in my country in the future. One option currently supported by the government is to first convert these digital asset to fiat and then use them as legal tender.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
I like Bitcars. Have never heard of them before but it's a good choice for a car dealer to call your business Bitcars right now. If he gets the SEO right and you google Bitcoin and cars maybe that's the perfect match and you'll find him right away.
You are right about that. When you do a Google search for the keyphrase "cars for bitcoin", Bitcars is the first result on Google. A targeted search for "buy cars for bitcoin" also places the site on the top of the search results. Even longer keyphrases like "how to buy cars for bitcoin" yield the same results. Based on that, I would say they get a good amount of traffic from bitcoiners who are looking to spend some money.   

Cool and I didn't even check it out but it makes perfect sense. It's a quick way to turn your crypto profits into something useful. Otherwise you would have to cash out first and then get the car. This way you just easily transfer your money with any cryptocurrency and not even bank finds out you now bought your 7th luxury car within a single month! Tongue
legendary
I like Bitcars. Have never heard of them before but it's a good choice for a car dealer to call your business Bitcars right now. If he gets the SEO right and you google Bitcoin and cars maybe that's the perfect match and you'll find him right away.
You are right about that. When you do a Google search for the keyphrase "cars for bitcoin", Bitcars is the first result on Google. A targeted search for "buy cars for bitcoin" also places the site on the top of the search results. Even longer keyphrases like "how to buy cars for bitcoin" yield the same results. Based on that, I would say they get a good amount of traffic from bitcoiners who are looking to spend some money.   
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
April 30, 2021, 12:33:04 PM

Tesla made plenty of headlines recently when they announced they’ve made it possible to purchase their cars with Bitcoin. But this company was not the first to offer customers payment methods in cryptocurrencies. I have listed various other dealerships located mainly in the United States which have started accepting crypto payments as early as 2015.

Let’s see what kind of cars you can buy with bitcoin, and where:

NAME: Bitcars
OFFER:
Supercars, luxury cars, bikes, motorhomes, Off-roaders, Oldtimers.

ABOUT: Bitcars is a car dealership website that sells luxury cars and Oldtimers for bitcoin since 2016. Besides cars, it’s also possible to purchase bikes, motorhomes, and yachts. They made a post on Bitcointalk announcing their car dealership services in 2018.

There are many other individuals and sites that accept crypto, but I tried to filter out legit dealerships that have been in the car sale business many years.
Source: https://www.hotcars.com/car-companies-accept-bitcoin/

legendary
April 30, 2021, 04:31:42 AM
I hope you will keep updating the table.
I just did with two new additions. Everyone else can chip in if they find a dealership somewhere that accepts bitcoin and other crypto payments.

I hope atleast there is one place where I can buy car in asia.
You are lucky! I just added two used car dealerships that sell luxury cars for bitcoin in various locations across Japan. They have been accepting bitcoin payments since December 2017.

Take a look at #10 and #11 in the list in my OP:

NAME: IDOM Inc.
OFFER: Mercedes Benz, BMW, Audi

ABOUT: IDOM Inc. is a car dealership that specializes in the sale of used cars. In December 2017, they introduced bitcoin as a payment option for purchases up to 100 million yen, approximately $888.000. If successful, their plan is to expand and start accepting bitcoin payments in 550 subsidiary branches across the country.

NAME: L’Operaio
OFFER: Mercedes Benz, AMG, BMW, Audi, Porsche, Volkswagen, Volvo, Lamborghini, Maserati, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Bentley, Rolls Royce, Aston Martin, Land Rover, Jaguar, Peugeot, Citroen

ABOUT: L’Operaio sells pre-owned luxury cars in Japan. On 1 December 2017, they added bitcoin as a means of payment. The company will accept payments up to 200 million yen in three of their branches across Japan.
Activity: 453
Merit: 104
April 30, 2021, 01:36:38 AM
I hope atleast there is one place where I can buy car in asia. Many bitcoin users in asia which is a big market. Is the regulations in asian countries are that hard that make no one make such company in asia? It so disappointing. Buy car using bitcoin will make us get different feel such a special pride
Activity: 812
Merit: 53
April 29, 2021, 02:43:49 PM
Oh great news brother. You have discuss the world top most companies of cars in your topic. It is very easy for us to buy a car through bitcoin. Because we did not need to carry paper money for buying a car just hold bitcoin and buy any car. And sending payment is very easy and it processes within minutes.
Activity: 518
Merit: 13
April 29, 2021, 02:28:19 PM
Thanks to you @Pmalek, I have learned that there have been many places that have already been accepting Bitcoin while buying a car. And it looks like the USA is the luckiest country in terms of that.  Grin  And after Tesla, I believe the number of these places will increase faster. We could even see big companies like BMW, Mercedes, Audi starting to accept Bitcoin as a payment method which could be awesome.
legendary
April 29, 2021, 06:32:58 AM
Well, it was possible already 3 years ago to buy (new and used) cars in Romania with Bitcoin. At least one auto dealer, present in a couple of western cities was accepting Bitcoin.
I guess this is the website of that BMW dealer > https://bmw-grupwest.ro/.
It's interesting that the site doesn't show any news that they accept Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. I tried to search with "site:bmw-grupwest.ro crypto" and site:bmw-grupwest.ro bitcoin, but nothing comes up.

while Tesla keeps those bitcoins, what you've seen before were only shops using payment processors and while the payment processor was accepting Bitcoin, the shop received at the end of the day fiat in the bank account.
(Of course, if Tesla starts playing pump and dump games, I don't even know which option is worse...)
In some way, Tesla already did. It maybe can't be classified as a pump and dump scheme, but Musk made a statement the other day where he said that Tesla sold 10% of their Bitcoin bag. They took the opportunity to cash in on the price increase. 

I hope that we will reach the point where we can buy chips and other snacks with bitcoin.
You already can if you use the Lightning Network and the store you buy at has a well-connected node. Netherlands is a place where some grocery stores allow their customers to pay via the LN.
Activity: 994
Merit: 105
April 29, 2021, 05:52:00 AM
I just found out about this information, very interesting. But the question is, will the price of the car follow the development of the crypto trend? As time goes by, the development of crypto is very much different from previous years. Very happy to get this information, Thank you...
Pages:
Jump to: