Author

Topic: [Cast XMR] high speed XMR/CryptoNight miner for RX Vega GPUs (2 KHash/s) - page 115. (Read 206388 times)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Hi,

I get hash drop from 1900h/s to 1700 with last version.

Never tested other version.

Thx for the work Smiley
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
I'm building a 12 GPU rig and that require the latest AMD drivers, what kind of Hashrate should I expect not running the august blockchain driver?
Activity: 2128
Merit: 757
NO WAR ! Glory to Ukraine !
Hi guys !
Can you please tell me if the miner is working in Windows 7?
Or only in Windows 8/10?

I have Windows 7 (64), video card RX 580 8Gb
Without driver installation AMD Blockchain Compute Driver - 600 H/s.
After installation AMD Blockchain Compute Driver -

After the launch, it just stops working

Code:
G:\cast_xmr-vega-win64_070>cast_xmr-vega -S pool.karbowanec.com:5555 -u my_wallet -p x
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cast XMR 0.7.0 CryptoNight mining optimized for AMD Radeon Vega GPUs

Coded by [glph3k] for more info visit http://www.gandalph3000.com
  Donating 1.5% mining power to developer. Thanks.

For current stats press 's'
  For seamless exit press 'q'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[18:23:25] Initializing GPU, loading kernel ...
Blockchain Compute Driver detected.
GPU0: Ellesmere | 36 Compute Units

G:\cast_xmr-vega-win64_070>pause
Для пpoдoлжeния нaжмитe любyю клaвишy . . .
Activity: 675
Merit: 100
Can Cast use config files?  That is a critical feature for use with managers such as Awesome Miner.  Having to pass the pool and other info in via the command line directly from the manager complicates configuration from the manager side of things.

Also, please add pool failovers.
Activity: 7
Help me please
So, as I am asking, is it always the same gpu which start submiting 0hs?

yes, but the miner works for hours and then it stops for no reason
Hmm, there must be something wrong.
Try to switch gpus between them. If there will be a problem on the same gpu index or not. If it, so it will be a riser problem. Otherwise, it will be the gpu itself...

thank you very much

Also make sure power is clean. I was having random fails (0h/s) until one day I was monitoring the rig very closely and noticed that my UPS was switching modes due to a peak in power usage. I tested it by plugging in directly to the wall socket and I had no issues for an entire week.  Since running without protection is not good; instead of the UPS now I am running with a heavy duty surge suppressor and no issues at all. I am still looking for a good affordable UPS that can do at least 1000W continuously.

Update: these are the rates I am getting

[14:59:55] GPU1 | 38°C | Fan 3236 RPM | 1947.3 H/s
[14:59:55] GPU2 | 45°C | Fan 3267 RPM | 1938.3 H/s
[14:59:55] GPU3 | 49°C | Fan 3271 RPM | 1939.9 H/s
[14:59:55] GPU0 | 39°C | Fan 2344 RPM | 777.6 H/s

GPUs 1,2 and 3 are Vega 56 and 0 is a RX580
Activity: 47
Help me please

Try to switch gpus between them. If there will be a problem on the same gpu index or not. If it, so it will be a riser problem. Otherwise, it will be the gpu itself...

thank you very much
Activity: 275
Merit: 11
Help me please

Help me please

Help me please
Activity: 149
i got same hashrate as i had with previous version. 1800H/s for Vega 56
Which version? You mean miner version or drivers version?
Im using v7, August blockchain driver and i got 1800H/s. nothing has been improved at least in my case.
Which version? You mean miner version or drivers version?
Activity: 149
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
I've used the latest 17.11.4 Optional vega drivers on a machine and its main advantage is allowing the higher then 1107 memory speed and the 1200 SOC clock but its also less stable then the old August compute based drivers.   Its mostly designed to further game performance, fix some game bugs nothing much has changed otherwise.   Its worth a try if you havent got the results you wanted and/or are going to reinstall drivers anyway but nothing dramatic enough to alter a good working hash rate setup.

So does Cast XMR work at full speed with those drivers? I was of the impression that it still only worked with the blockchain drivers.

No, tried with lastest AMD driver.

The latest AMD drivers allow for a 'compute mode' swicth, which is equivalent to the blockchain driver. Sadly this miner seems to be a bit silly and refuses to work in optimized mode unless the driver is the blockchain beta.

In non -optimized mode, i'm getting 1200 - 1300 h/s with my Vega with Claymore. ~1000 h/s with Cast
try xmr-stak, it doesn't check driver version ))
Activity: 305
Merit: 148
Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!
Hi i m getting 6200hs on my mixed rig, however i m getting alot 0.0hs lines in the miner...
Who can help me solve this?

does someones has the --help working?

thnx

If you are mixing RX 480 or RX 580 with RX Vega, the 0.0hs lines are weird, but check your total hash rate.  The total rate may be fine on your end and pool side.
Activity: 40
Can anyone explain how to setup a failover pool properly ?
thanks !
Activity: 13
I've used the latest 17.11.4 Optional vega drivers on a machine and its main advantage is allowing the higher then 1107 memory speed and the 1200 SOC clock but its also less stable then the old August compute based drivers.   Its mostly designed to further game performance, fix some game bugs nothing much has changed otherwise.   Its worth a try if you havent got the results you wanted and/or are going to reinstall drivers anyway but nothing dramatic enough to alter a good working hash rate setup.

So does Cast XMR work at full speed with those drivers? I was of the impression that it still only worked with the blockchain drivers.

No, tried with lastest AMD driver.

The latest AMD drivers allow for a 'compute mode' swicth, which is equivalent to the blockchain driver. Sadly this miner seems to be a bit silly and refuses to work in optimized mode unless the driver is the blockchain beta.

In non -optimized mode, i'm getting 1200 - 1300 h/s with my Vega with Claymore. ~1000 h/s with Cast
Activity: 437
Merit: 250
For some reason I get more constant hashrate on electronum pools with normal xmr miner. this one is up and down. any idea why
another issue I have
I start miner and after a while 10-20min hashrate drops from 2k to 1.7k on vega 64. any clue why?
Activity: 12
Hi i m getting 6200hs on my mixed rig, however i m getting alot 0.0hs lines in the miner...
Who can help me solve this?

does someones has the --help working?

thnx

exact same amd mixed rig windows 10 fresh blockchain fresh miner fresh
Activity: 4

Jump to: