Author

Topic: [Cast XMR] high speed XMR/CryptoNight miner for RX Vega GPUs (2 KHash/s) - page 154. (Read 206388 times)

Activity: 254
Merit: 109
Good to see a vega specific miner. I will give it a shot this weekend
Activity: 785
Merit: 502
Nice job, is this limited to only 4 Vega per motherboard like xmr-stak is, as well? Does it play nice with mixed gpu rigs with nvidia and amd?

Thanks! The app should have no limit how many GPU used in parallel, probably more a driver issue.

Currently it is only one GPU per instance. One can select with "--opencl n" the OpenCL plattform to use (Nvidia, AMD, Intel) which number is the correct one is probably experimenting. And with "-G  x" which device to use. There is no programmed limit how many instances one can start,  One  process needs only 100 MB memory when running.

After testing it says [Suspicious link removed]pute driver not installed. The blockchain driver is all I have installed, is this still miner only working for one gpu?

Oh, which version of the blockchain driver do you have? (I only know of the 17..30.1029 Beta from Aug 23).

Yes, only one GPU per instance (maybe gone change that) and only Vega GPUs, because of the simple fact I only have those and my goal is to get the most out of it. There are no plans to support any other cards, beside maybe the RX 480/580 but it never will be a generic miner replacement...

Ok as long as it doesn't throw an error in a mixed gpu rig then that's fine. Xmr-stak refuses to play nice with Vega and nvidia running on the same machine even when using the amd stak only it will throw an error. If your miner just ignores nvidia that's fine for me.

I'm using the same compute driver, I'll try a ddu uninstall/reinstall and retry today. If I run into any issue I'll report it.
Activity: 91
Merit: 29
Nice job, is this limited to only 4 Vega per motherboard like xmr-stak is, as well? Does it play nice with mixed gpu rigs with nvidia and amd?

Thanks! The app should have no limit how many GPU used in parallel, probably more a driver issue.

Currently it is only one GPU per instance. One can select with "--opencl n" the OpenCL plattform to use (Nvidia, AMD, Intel) which number is the correct one is probably experimenting. And with "-G  x" which device to use. There is no programmed limit how many instances one can start,  One  process needs only 100 MB memory when running.

After testing it says [Suspicious link removed]pute driver not installed. The blockchain driver is all I have installed, is this still miner only working for one gpu?

Oh, which version of the blockchain driver do you have? (I only know of the 17..30.1029 Beta from Aug 23).

Yes, only one GPU per instance (maybe gone change that) and only Vega GPUs, because of the simple fact I only have those and my goal is to get the most out of it. There are no plans to support any other cards, beside maybe the RX 480/580 but it never will be a generic miner replacement...
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

After testing it says blockchain compute driver not installed. The blockchain driver is all I have installed, is this still miner only working for one gpu?
4 Vega per rig limitation (high speed) is not xmr-stak but AMD drivers problem
Activity: 785

After testing it says blockchain compute driver not installed. The blockchain driver is all I have installed, is this still miner only working for one gpu?

Don't you want to try with Dagger-Hashimoto?
Cryptonight already has good multithreaded miner - xmr-stak-amd and your miner doesn't outperform it ...

I first had a look at Dagger-Hashimoto for my OpenCL programming experiments... no luck yet.
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
Finally. Something interesting. You have qutie the interesting way of structuring your kernels for CryptoNight. And I must say - the number of waves in flight you've managed by doing so is hot.

Thanks, Sir.

Yes, the scheduling is very unorthodox, it uses 2 command queues which are started with an defined time offset. Still searching for an explanation why this faster than one larger queue. The scheduler does get the same work, but for some reason it likes it better that way. Probably very Vega specific but did not yet try it on different cards.

Cryptonight already has good multithreaded miner - xmr-stak-amd and your miner doesn't outperform it ...

Yeah, xmr-stak-amd - the miner which stole my code, violating its MIT license, and then had the balls to put a fee in it for himself.

and its still slower than sgminer Cheesy
why dont you pay him back and release his miner without fee?
legendary
Finally. Something interesting. You have qutie the interesting way of structuring your kernels for CryptoNight. And I must say - the number of waves in flight you've managed by doing so is hot.

Thanks, Sir.

Yes, the scheduling is very unorthodox, it uses 2 command queues which are started with an defined time offset. Still searching for an explanation why this faster than one larger queue. The scheduler does get the same work, but for some reason it likes it better that way. Probably very Vega specific but did not yet try it on different cards.

Yeah, xmr-stak-amd - the miner which stole my code, violating its MIT license, and then had the balls to put a fee in it for himself.

Sorry, I'm not strong in licenses. xmr-stak-amd code is open sourced, contains reference to you and you can set fee to 0 and compile.
Moreover it has nice additional features and runs on Vega. Public sgminer with your kernel doesn't.
legendary

Thanks, Sir.

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
How much power for one of these cards? And where are miners buying them? Is there anywhere reputable that accepts crypto for payment internationally?  Embarrassed
Vega 56 uses around 200w of power and most people in the US find the GPUs by price hunting, Newegg is a good spot to try to snipe these and they do accept Bitcoin for payment. In the US reddit’s /r/buildapcsales regularly posts nice deals for these cards.

Thanks, Sir.

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
How much power for one of these cards? And where are miners buying them? Is there anywhere reputable that accepts crypto for payment internationally?  Embarrassed
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Provided link seems down, any mirror?
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Cast XMR - Highspeed CryptoNight (Monero/Bytecoin/DigitalNote/Intense) Miner for Radeon RX Vega GPUs

Cast XMR reaches hash rates of more then 2000 CryptoNight Hashes/s on an single RX Vega 56 or Vega 64 GPU.

Features

- Full support for CryptoNight/CryptoNote based currencies:
  • Monereo (XMR)
  • Bytecoin (BCN)
  • DigitalNote (XDN)
  • Intense (ITNS)
- Fastest miner for AMD Radeon RX Vega GPU series (more then 2KHash/s)
- Optimized cores for RX Vega Blockchain driver
- RX Vega Blockchain driver detection
- Full pool support
- Nicehasher support
- only 2% dev fee

Requirements

- Windows 7/8/10 64 bit
  - AMD Radeon RX Vega 56/64 GPU with at least 8GB RAM
  - For about 80% higher hash rates the ReLive Edition Beta for [Suspicious link removed]pute Driver Version 17.30.1029 has to be installed

Version History

Cast XMR Version 0.3 (2017/10/10)

- performance optimzations result in 5 - 10% higher hash rates
  -  breaking the 2 KHashes/s barrier with working overclocking settings for RX Vega 64 and RX Vega 56

Cast XMR Version 0.2 (2017/09/27)

- performance improvement result in 1% higher hashrates
  - Improved support for RX Vega 56 (now goes faster then a Vega 64 !?)
  - Detection if Blockchain driver is installed
  - Fix for Sikka and Intense pools

Cast XMR Version 0.1 (2017/09/22)

- Initial Release

How To

cast_xmr has a command line interface. For a minimal configuration run:

cast_xmr -S [pool server] -u [username or wallet address]

For a complete list of configuration options run:

cast_xmr --help

Read here how to get the best mining performance with a Radeon RX Vega 56/64 GPU

Download Cast XMR 0.3 for Windows (64bit)

Linux version to follow soon ...

Hi, 2 KHashes/s is it from one card??? ,and it can works with other amd card's ?? Or it's only for Vega platform and HBM memory based cards Huh?
Activity: 630
Activity: 630
hbcc need to activate each restart or what?

Afraid, yes. It is bug in the AMD drivers. It does not matter if HBCC is turned on or off, just a change seems to be needed so that the driver gets correctly initialized. HBCC is a feature to stream data from disk to GPU memory it is a feature for games with huge textures not needed for mining.

Could not find a way to fix the problem programmatically yet.

Does anybody know a solution?
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
hbcc need to activate each restart or what?

So who is going to be the brave one to test the virus?

Ah, forget to list a feature:

- No viruses or malware included

Jump to: