Pages:
Author

Topic: Catcoin Uncensored - page 2. (Read 4775 times)

Activity: 982
Merit: 517
Nature decays, but Latinum lasts forever. RoA:102
August 14, 2015, 12:35:57 AM
Another deleted post (positive, but still deleted 3 times)

Epic difficulty dances!
Glory forever wise coder Blaksmith!!
Long live and prosper the Great and Powerful moderator SlimePuppy!!!
CAT coin4ever!!!!
Activity: 271
Merit: 254
August 13, 2015, 06:23:41 PM
So what if we add a catcoin 'payment processor' to https://www.coinffeine.com/

Heck, we could have both 9.1.1 and 9.2.0 forks with active trading..
August 13, 2015, 06:13:09 PM
Cryptsy accepted crap 9.2.0 version  Angry

Regardless what version is used, it is more important that the coin not be monopolized by someone who prevents others from even voicing an opinion. I initially bought a bunch of them but have been slowly dumping since I saw what slimepuppy was doing.

If slimepuppy changes the thread to unmoderated, or if this unmoderated thread becomes the primary thread, I may start buying again. But until then this is a monopoly coin with a fake community managed by one person.

My suggestion is try and transfer everything you hold on cryptsy to a 9.2.0 wallet, and extract all the coins that still work on the 9.1.1 fork, and leave crytpsy holding the bag with all the coins mined on a botched fork with an exploitable difficulty adjustment.

There are more exchanges than cryptsy in the world, and all it really takes to make catcoin valuable is selling cat food for catcoins. If someone is willing to do that then it would be worth my time to release a new version that integrates the latest bitcoin-core code with a 3 minute minimum block time, and escalating reward after 15 minutes.
Buy
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
August 12, 2015, 06:59:01 PM

Regardless what version is used, it is more important that the coin not be monopolized by someone who prevents others from even voicing an opinion. I initially bought a bunch of them but have been slowly dumping since I saw what slimepuppy was doing.

If slimepuppy changes the thread to unmoderated, or if this unmoderated thread becomes the primary thread, I may start buying again. But until then this is a monopoly coin with a fake community managed by one person.
August 12, 2015, 11:31:42 AM
Buy
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
August 08, 2015, 01:52:50 AM
My last post on the phony moderated thread.

Goodbye catcoin.
Violate forum rules and posts will be deleted.

Goodbye, Hozer.
I have deleted the latest BS from Hozer.  I will continue to delete posts from him and all of his sockpuppet aliases unless/until he posts something that doesn't violate the rules of this forum that have been linked to the OP since the start of this thread.  He's been warned multiple times and has violated forum rules sufficiently to result in being banned.  Next post will be forwarded to the forum mods for proper handling.

(Please note that 'vampirus's posts about the status of his wallet and his conscious decision to promote an orphaned fork remain in this thread and have not been edited or deleted, in spite of this being a known alias.)

I am not "hozer" nor "vampiris" and have not posted anything about catcoin ever on any thread anywhere except what I posted here in the last few days.

I was strongly supporting this coin and thought it had potential until you showed what the coin is really about.

You are some kind of napoleanic cunt trying to pretend you have some power by making a moderated thread then deleting all the posts you disagree with and pretending the "enemy" is just one "disgruntled" guy. Now it is clear why this coin is so cheap.
August 04, 2015, 10:04:30 AM
This is an interesting read...

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/273
August 02, 2015, 04:54:34 PM
cross-posted from the 'new new 9.2' catcoin thread:

It's been a fun day of node attacks, fake blocks, and amateurish DoS attempts.  Yet CAT blocks just keep flowing towards 46331.  Life is Good!

It's best, as a developer, to generally assume poor configuration or outdated clients rather than assume you are under attack.
This is *probably* the result of 9.1.1 nodes that got restarted and are trying to download the blockchain. I'm seeing the same problem, so it seems the best solution would be that both forks release new versions.

I can make the problem go away (for me) if I change the PCHmessage after some block (like maybe 46331), but you will still have problems with old 9.1.1 clients (that for all we know are still mining). If you can also change the 'new 9.1.1' catcoin thread to point to **new** binaries you'd also have a better chance at fixing this problem.
August 01, 2015, 11:47:53 PM
And for anyone who cares:

The catcoin drama is because I can't get along with slimepuppy. I can't really begin to describe it further than that without making a bunch of assumptions on motives or intentions. If you want to know what's going on, take the time and go read past posts on the various threads. I can't figure out any decent way to summarize it.

Or to put it another way, you know this is the official currency of Cats because of all the catfights.
August 01, 2015, 11:40:56 PM
From the 'new new' thread...

All are welcome to post here - but we have no more sense of humour or time to waste with the constant stream of lies that we've tolerated in the past.  While a self-moderated thread "might" cost some new members of the community, the former BS "HAS" cost us valuable members and pool operators.  We have real work to do and not enough time to do it.  I hope you can respect that.

Andy

edit
Bloody hell - hozer's at it again.  'Buy' is yet another alias with a few 'hozer-esque' posts in other threads to look legit on the surface, followed by pasting the same crap here that we've already hashed out in the earlier threads (as well as 'quotes' from earlier posts that have been deleted - can't get more obvious than that...).  I frankly don't give a damn if he doesn't like moderated threads - we're here in this thread at the behest of the BTCTalk moderators because there were sick and tired of everyone reporting Hozer's BS in the other threads.  So tag, I'm 'it' - and I'm happy to take the task.  Out, out, damn hozer and all your sock puppets too.
/edit

Whether moderated threads are good or bad depends very much on the moderator(s). When you have a moderator with persecution complex it sorta turns into a tragic dark comedy.
July 31, 2015, 03:57:41 PM
Suggestion for new coin:
Name - CatCoinLight -CATL
algo - scrypt, PoW + PoS, based on Bottlecap.
Block time - 3 min
Min block time only 10s (or not use it at all, because I can change system time, after start wallet and all new blocks is mine)
Diff retarget every block:
if nActualTimespan 50 - 150% of nTargetSpacing max diff changes 10%
if nActualTimespan 0-50 or more 150% of nTargetSpacing max diff changes 30%
variable nSubsidy based on previous 3-5 actual spacing min 20, max 200% for additional instamine and multipool protection.
Some premine for converting all CAT 9.1.1 blocks after 44227
July 30, 2015, 02:50:43 PM
Well, it seems SlimePuppy make another enemy in my person. (after his "Last warning.")

If you want support 9.1.1 CAT add some realCATchain nodes:
Code:
addnode=107.170.40.107
addnode=86.18.76.197
addnode=97.125.218.180
addnode=146.0.32.101
addnode=76.164.228.230

And send support ticket to Cryptsy, that you against new 0.9.2.0 version.

July 30, 2015, 12:53:11 PM
I do not believe support CAT brand is good idea.
New developers drive away half of community.
Better I create my own crypto with my own retargeting algo.
Also maybe need create  coin with 50% premine for converting old scifi coins,
but most of them stay in dreamwatcher/unfocus scifi exchange.

Last deleted post from "official" thread:
-----------
New developers of CAT coin, create version 9.2.0 with some enhancement.
New wallet was compiled 27 June 2015 and used in some pools.
This thread and new version was announced 12 July and they say hardfork begins from block 46331 in about two weeks ahead.
But version 9.2.0 create new fork from block 44227 accidentally 29 June.
All CAT miners, who not switch to new version in first 2 days  Smiley after wallet was compiled, continue mining another blockchain, and
now in opinion of SlimePuppy they are "attackers".

All information about this, SlimePuppy deleted from this thread. This reply will be deleted too.
-----------

July 30, 2015, 12:36:01 AM
To SlimePuppy.
Do not think that I try to kill CAT. I have blocks in both chains, just if win 9.1.1 chain, I will lost less.
And in my opinion 9.1.1 it is real CAT chain.
You made mistake with 9.2.0 version, and instead of correct mistake,  make it worse.

Does your 9.1.1 catcoind match the catcoin.org block explorer ?

If so, we've now passed the hardcoded fork block, so we can move on. For catcoin.org catcoins (or should I just call them CatoshiCoins?) to be worth something, you have to be able to exchange them for something of value. Like say cat food.

So what I think we ought to do is figure out how to organize getting a discount from a cat food manufacturer if we have people that like cats who are willing to go pick up and/or take delivery of an entire pallet of cat food, and then deliver it to their friends for catcoin.

This gives us a base value for the coin that's linked to a real-world physical product that you can really use. It would be nice if we had something organized for the internet cat video film festival, but I don't think that's going to happen this year.

Then, we need a way for people to get Catcoin for cat pictures.

Now there are more technical things, like getting whether we want to keep using the same ports and pchMessage that the other fork is using, but probably the most important thing is getting a couple more seed nodes besides 107.170.40.107, and having a reasonable working pool (ideally p2pool based).

I don't expect any of this to happen quickly.

There's also the issue of releasing a new fork-upgrade with a longer minimum block time and some kind of increasing reward after the block has exceeded 15 minutes.

And if you just want cat pictures, I think this one's quite appropriate:

As Slimepuppy said on the 'new (locked) thread': Fork makes cat big and strong
July 28, 2015, 04:45:50 PM
To SlimePuppy.
Do not think that I try to kill CAT. I have blocks in both chains, just if win 9.1.1 chain, I will lost less.
And in my opinion 9.1.1 it is real CAT chain.
You made mistake with 9.2.0 version, and instead of correct mistake,  make it worse.
July 27, 2015, 12:40:03 AM
Now I understand about 'cumulative difficulty'  and you almost win.  Grin

Well, SlimePuppy shut us up in main 9.1.1 thread.  Angry
July 26, 2015, 05:09:09 PM
I made experiment, and 9.2.0 wallet not reorganize blocks to skip on 9.1.1 chain automatically, even with more connections to 9.1.1 nodes.
Only if pool owners and exchanges accept 9.1.1 chain as official, we do not lost money.
For information: my losses 5750 CAT, all others 9.1.1 wallet owners - 100750 CAT.

For a reorganization to happen, the 9.1.1 chain will need to have a larger 'cumulative difficulty' as reported by the block explorer, or the 'log2_work' reported by debug.log than what the 9.2.0 chain is reporting. It is NOT based on block number, because the difficulty per block can be different on different chains.

Currently it looks like all the pools have jumped on the 9.2.0 chain. I would expect a rational short-term profit-motivated pool operator to switch because it will be easier to shut out solo-miners with the new difficulty adjustment that lets the pools specify which algorithm to use. If I had more time I'd write some reference code for stratum-minining to do exactly that and prove it instead of just theorizing about it.

There is a possible (if small) chance that some long-term profit-motivated pool operators (or maybe just ethical operators) would understand the 9.2.0 code has the same class of problem that resulted in https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/dogecoin-forks-again-to-avoid-multipool-exploit/ , and realizing such, would support the original 9.1.1.

Then we might be able to have a rational discussion about ways to improve both the difficulty adjustment and the block reward structure so that we have something interesting again for new users. This would hopefully result in more long-term sustainable profits for the miners and pools that participate.
July 26, 2015, 04:54:07 PM
I am Russian, but live in USA. In Russian Federation all crypto currency officially illegal.

Well that makes life easier, how about selling bags of cat food and cat litter for catcoin and doing free local delivery?

For Russia, we'll have to get to bitcoin parity so we can pay the bribes needed to make it legal. Wink
July 26, 2015, 02:41:16 PM
I am Russian, but live in USA. In Russian Federation all crypto currency officially illegal.
July 26, 2015, 02:30:58 PM
SlimePuppy - you suffer of persecution complex.
If you seen my all posts - I from scifi-coin community and I am Russian and write with google translator - "speaking style" LOL, and my IP - static 24.146.182.255

This coin is dying of persecution complex.

Now how do we sell bags of cat food for catcoin in Russia?
Pages:
Jump to: