Pages:
Author

Topic: Catcoin Uncensored - page 3. (Read 4775 times)

Activity: 982
Merit: 517
Nature decays, but Latinum lasts forever. RoA:102
July 26, 2015, 01:58:26 PM
SlimePuppy - you suffer of persecution complex.
If you seen my all posts - I from scifi-coin community and I am Russian and write with google translator - "speaking style" LOL, and my IP - static 24.146.182.255
Activity: 271
Merit: 254
July 26, 2015, 01:56:39 PM
Hozer - since no one will talk to you, you've decided to talk to yourself?  Ok - carry on!   Cheesy

Let's make this really clear, however:

You worked for more than a year to kill CATCoin.  First, with FUD from the outside, then by becoming part of the DEV team and using the code and a seed node for your own experiments.  Those experiments, as is fully documented in the coin threads, forked the blockchain into at least six pieces and cost the rest of the dev team more than $500 in mining to 51% the network back together.  That was the last straw and was what got you kicked off the team and out of the community.

... blah blah blah deleted ...

If anyone is killing catcoin, it's you, by verbally abusing new users.

Vampirus is some guy who apparently likes forgotten coins (see his past posts), and the fact that you went off on him and then started deleting shit is why we have a catcoin uncensored thread. If you could have just been nice, I would have been able to walk away and let you have a train wreck with broken code all on your own.

But you had to go and yell at some new guy. This is not how you create a community. So shove off, take your 'new new' thread, and leave us the fuck alone to clean up the mess when you have a wreck in a few weeks or months.

You're not a developer, and the commit, bitcointalk, and community history shows that. You are good at attacking people. The only other developer is Blacksmith, and what he's released is mediocre at best, probably because he has a real developer job that takes time and mental effort. You can look at the history of PID development (or maybe that's just in irc) about how I repeatedly told him that using floating point in the difficulty adjustment was a BAD IDEA. Fortunately so far we have had no forks from floating-point round off errors, but at some point I'll probably re-write the PID code to properly do a reciprocal conversion, and use fixed point 64 & 32 bit integers for the calculation. You can find out how to do this in any decent control systems engineering textbook. We also need a good pre-filter for the algorithm. You have code for that, and when I asked to actually **test** a 3 minute minimum, you refused. So since you refused, I tested it. I also told you how to fix it.

Now you have a thread, go switch to the original grey cat, and we'll keep the orange cat.

If you really want to do something useful, go collect 3BTC and pay bittrex to list your crap, and then I can write and test code for a switchpool that will make sure that switchpool gets 60% of the blocks with 30% of the hashpower (or something like that), and sell it to the highest bidder.

Otherwise, I could use some assistance in developing a 9.1.1-fork compatible upgrade to Catcoin that uses the latest bitcoin-core, and has the option to build both Android and iOs mobile wallets.
Activity: 655
Merit: 500
July 26, 2015, 01:27:13 PM
Hozer - since no one will talk to you, you've decided to talk to yourself?  Ok - carry on!   Cheesy

Let's make this really clear, however:

You worked for more than a year to kill CATCoin.  First, with FUD from the outside, then by becoming part of the DEV team and using the code and a seed node for your own experiments.  Those experiments, as is fully documented in the coin threads, forked the blockchain into at least six pieces and cost the rest of the dev team more than $500 in mining to 51% the network back together.  That was the last straw and was what got you kicked off the team and out of the community.

So...while you continue to post FUD and attacks, employ sockpuppets (hozer, catcoiner, tmagik, technomagik, and according to IP, speaking style, and messge, vampirus,Buy), create multiple GITs with heavily modified code designed to attack the CAT network (catoshi, catcoin clients), and have created a block explorer and other web pages designed to look like community projects but are actually MEACONING devices designed to reinforce your off-center narrative and reinforce your FUD message, and have stolen the community insurance program funds, the CAT community has made clear that they don't appreciate liars or thieves, want a stable network, do NOT want 'minimum block times' or other rejected attempts at centrally-controlling the performance of a coin that's supposed to be FREE of central manipulation, and are making sure the dev team brings them the network they want.  The DEV team has done and will continue to do that.

The community ignores your posts.  You are welcome to post in any community thread as long as you comply with forum rules.  Every post from either you or one of your known aliases that violates forum rules will be deleted however.  Neither your attacks nor your FUD are appreciated or desired in the CAT community.

You're a good programmer.  You've been pushing for some sort of time-based reward or other 'whale squashing' manipulation for years - why in the WORLD don't you simply create your own coin?  A 12 year old can do it - you certainly should be able to figure it out.  It's a HELL of a lot easier than managing a handful of alias and their associated IPs!

The proof is in the CAT threads for anyone that's interested.  If anyone wants more info, feel free to PM me or visit the real CAT team on Freenode #catcoin-dev.

SlimePuppy
Andy Hecker
CATCoin Dev Team
Freenode #catcoin  ##catcoin #catcoin-dev
July 26, 2015, 01:21:25 PM
I made experiment, and 9.2.0 wallet not reorganize blocks to skip on 9.1.1 chain automatically, even with more connections to 9.1.1 nodes.
Only if pool owners and exchanges accept 9.1.1 chain as official, we do not lost money.
For information: my losses 5750 CAT, all others 9.1.1 wallet owners - 100750 CAT.
July 26, 2015, 12:47:50 PM

First, SlimePuppy deleted his own post and my reply to him:

Quote from: SlimePuppy on July 23, 2015, 01:51:51 AM

Ok everyone - I did some wallet experiments today.

I backed-up my personal Windows wallet.dat and did sets of before/after tests with 9.1.1 and 9.2.0 wallets, with and without catcoin.conf and addnodes.  Keep in mind that the 9.1.1 wallet does have the 30 second minimum block time code while the 9.2.0 wallet does not (even before the fork block).

A brand new 9.1.1 wallet with NO catcoin.conf, no addnodes, and no peer.dat will not automatically join the CAT network.  It will take more than 30 minutes to sync on the copycat chain.
A brand new 9.1.1 wallet with a catcoin.conf and addnodes will not automatically join the CAT network.  It will take more than 30 minutes to sync on the copycat chain.
A brand new 9.1.1 wallet with an existing peer file will join the CAT network and will sync within seconds.

A brand new 9.2.0 wallet with NO catcoin.conf, no addnodes, and no peer.dat WILL automatically join the CAT network and will fully sync in minutes.
A brand new 9.2.0 wallet with a catcoin.conf  will also automatically join the CAT network and will fully sync in minutes.

9.1.1 wallet never connect to 9.2.0 chain, it stuck on block 44226

Then he deleted unwanted truth:

There is no "hozer's fork" - it was plain 9.1.1 chain.
We have 9.2.0 fork, that starts from block 44227 accidentally.
All owners 9.1.1 wallet lost all mined coins after 44227 block.

'lost' is a relative term.

If we keep mining with 9.1.1 and pay Bittrex their 3BTC fee, then the 44227 block fork (with a timestamp before block 44226, btw) will be the fork that loses.

edit: And to give the operator of catcoinwallets.com the benefit of the doubt, that above image could very likely change if the original 9.1.1 chain overtakes the 44227-fork, and then the new 9.2.0 code will *probably* recognize the new blocks as valid.
July 26, 2015, 12:00:07 PM
First, SlimePuppy deleted  my reply to him:

Quote from: SlimePuppy on July 23, 2015, 01:51:51 AM

Ok everyone - I did some wallet experiments today.

I backed-up my personal Windows wallet.dat and did sets of before/after tests with 9.1.1 and 9.2.0 wallets, with and without catcoin.conf and addnodes.  Keep in mind that the 9.1.1 wallet does have the 30 second minimum block time code while the 9.2.0 wallet does not (even before the fork block).

A brand new 9.1.1 wallet with NO catcoin.conf, no addnodes, and no peer.dat will not automatically join the CAT network.  It will take more than 30 minutes to sync on the copycat chain.
A brand new 9.1.1 wallet with a catcoin.conf and addnodes will not automatically join the CAT network.  It will take more than 30 minutes to sync on the copycat chain.
A brand new 9.1.1 wallet with an existing peer file will join the CAT network and will sync within seconds.

A brand new 9.2.0 wallet with NO catcoin.conf, no addnodes, and no peer.dat WILL automatically join the CAT network and will fully sync in minutes.
A brand new 9.2.0 wallet with a catcoin.conf  will also automatically join the CAT network and will fully sync in minutes.

9.1.1 wallet never connect to 9.2.0 chain, it stuck on block 44226

Then he deleted unwanted truth:

There is no "hozer's fork" - it was plain 9.1.1 chain.
We have 9.2.0 fork, that starts from block 44227 accidentally.
All owners 9.1.1 wallet lost all mined coins after 44227 block.

July 26, 2015, 11:20:07 AM
I'm adding this here as a quote from the 'new new' thread in case it gets deleted there:

It's pretty clear that 'vampirus' is a new alias for hozer.  He hasn't mined any CAT blocks, isn't missing any CAT, and insists on promoting a fork only he is mining on.  Promoting his attack fork violates forum rules.

No, he is not, As far as I know he was unlucky enough to be running the 9.1.1 **official** code when you botched an upgrade by releasing a new version that had different consensus rules as soon as you started running it, and not the block you advertised the change would occur. (This means there are *two* hardforks, one coded in, Fork4 block, which hasn't happened yet, and *another* when someone running the new client found a block in less than the 30 second minimum time the previous 'official' release used)

This is idiotic. If any of you want to discuss this, try https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/catcoin-uncensored-1135534.

Expect deletion of this post in 3 . 2 . 1...

If this is how the 'new new' catcoin treats new users I don't think they are going to have very many new users. And are exchanges going to support a broken coin where the promoters verbally abuse anyone they disagree with? (well, the cynic in me says hell yes, that's the Bitcoin Way(tm))
July 26, 2015, 10:56:38 AM
This is a thread for UNCENSORED discussion of Catcoin and it's forks (or any cat-related currency for that matter)

Expect sock-puppets, personal ad-hominen attacks, and general stupidity. Put the people who say such things on ignore and you might find out what's really going on.

Relevant threads:
The 'original' that started it all: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-catcoin-scrypt-meow-380130
The 'new' thread where lots of arguments were had: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-catcoin-0911-old-thread-locked-please-use-092-thread-441402
The 'new new' (censored) thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-catcoin-0930-1118569
Pages:
Jump to: