Pages:
Author

Topic: CatholicCoin - Catholic Coin - Religion Coin - page 3. (Read 4657 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
"Ignorance never settles a question."
Since the Vatican has its own sovereignty and its users are OK with centralization, wouldn't it make more sense to issue a gold (or art?) backed e-cash if the church is interested in pursuing this?

2 Things you should never argue about

1. Religion
2. Politics

Because the arguing will never stop and no one will win.

Religious peoples believe what they believe in and they know why, non believers dont believe in anything and they just do what they do i guess... so, whatever.
I think the arguing doesn't stop because you either insult everyone who argues with you - "enjoy hell", "learn2read", or because you haven't taken the time to actually understand the other side's position - "non believers [in god] don't believe in anything [else]". Atheism is not nihilism; we don't just live without a care in the world - almost all of us care about making the world better. If you're only helping others because you think you'll get a reward after death then you're not altruistic at all, you're more selfish than any of us.

I've had plenty of very interesting religious discussions with Christians, but it has to start with mutual respect.
Unfortunately nothing on this forum starts or ends with mutual respect.
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.

Respect the fact 3 billion people are Chrstians and half of them are catholic.  Respect others the way you want to be respected.

calling catholics christians is like slapping God in the face.

What does that have to do with a Catholic Coin?

This is not a religious thread.  Please keep things on topic.

Thanks, again.

You want me to get back on topic? ok i will, you have a terrible idea. go think up something original and get back to us.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530
www.ixcoin.net

Respect the fact 3 billion people are Chrstians and half of them are catholic.  Respect others the way you want to be respected.

What does that have to do with a Catholic Coin?

This is not a religious thread.  Please keep things on topic.

Thanks, again.
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Spiral et al,

I don't have to release a coin which nobody is against.  There's no such thing.

I've been thrown off threads just for mentioning a different coin or cause my post was a bit too long.

I heard your piece cause I believe in freedom of speech but you're obviously just trolling if you're telling me I can't release a coin cause its not a real corporation or because some people will be against it.

Ever check the news?  Most of the media and wallstreet are against bitcoin. Maybe we should all stop mining bitcoins then, eh?  

If you're against this idea, I understand but I'm not gonna sit here and hear bashing just cause you hate the idea.

Please, let's discuss the business of a Catholic Coin (ie. adoption rate, popularity, law suits from the Vatican, trademark infringement, etc) no more bashing the fact you don't like A Christian coin.  That's irrelevant cause 3 billion people would love the idea, and that's the target market.

Any more trolling and I'm forwarding your posts to SaltySpitoon, she's a nice gal, she let me off once but two violations and you're banned.  Psy and Mange (global mods) don't like this trolling bit either so this is the final warning.

Thanks.
Activity: 950
Merit: 1001
Since the Vatican has its own sovereignty and its users are OK with centralization, wouldn't it make more sense to issue a gold (or art?) backed e-cash if the church is interested in pursuing this?

2 Things you should never argue about

1. Religion
2. Politics

Because the arguing will never stop and no one will win.

Religious peoples believe what they believe in and they know why, non believers dont believe in anything and they just do what they do i guess... so, whatever.
I think the arguing doesn't stop because you either insult everyone who argues with you - "enjoy hell", "learn2read", or because you haven't taken the time to actually understand the other side's position - "non believers [in god] don't believe in anything [else]". Atheism is not nihilism; we don't just live without a care in the world - almost all of us care about making the world better. If you're only helping others because you think you'll get a reward after death then you're not altruistic at all, you're more selfish than any of us.

I've had plenty of very interesting religious discussions with Christians, but it has to start with mutual respect.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

I woulddn't even care - read the bible again, regret and burn in hell. Bullshit idea! (sorry to be so blunt but seriously, what the your next? A coin for NSA? GFYS!)
Someone did try to release NSA coin already.  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nsa-coin-no-strings-attached-launching-in-the-near-future-244278

Ahaahhaaaaa.

I have NWOCoin.com (New World Order) and NatoCoin.com.  Those mo fo's gotta pay up.  Lol.

Warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

I woulddn't even care - read the bible again, regret and burn in hell. Bullshit idea! (sorry to be so blunt but seriously, what the your next? A coin for NSA? GFYS!)
Someone did try to release NSA coin already.  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nsa-coin-no-strings-attached-launching-in-the-near-future-244278
Activity: 70
j-coin//just 4 cpu's

well said. Monetizing God is a "Cardinal" sin(pun intended)
Activity: 223
Merit: 100

I think this coin will gain a lot of users, it will also drive away a lot of users. Just like all the other coins out there now. So go ahead with it, Ill collect it, I like the name and what it stands for.
Activity: 322
Merit: 113
Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly
Get over what, im not pushing anything am I ? Im just asking questions ... learn2read
Very stupid ones. You're assuming I'm stupid and murderous because I don't want to join your cult. I grew up in your cult, then I grew up. Have you ever researched your own religion's history? How many murders were in the name of it? Ethnic/religious cleansing? When you believe your sins will be forgiven and your 'cause' is just, what's to stop you for such things?

75% of my earnings last year went to homeless shelters, soup kitchens, and emergency relief, to the point that I had to join them for 3 of those months. The point is books don't teach you common sense, you either have it or you don't. You can use religion for good or bad just as you can use any form of inspiration or entertainment as such. Your own religion teaches you not to judge other people, yet it's all people seem to do. Live and let live. I don't care what anyone believes in, but don't tell me I'm a bad person for drinking your flavor of kool-aid. There's other flavors out there.

Look, nobody has to buy or support this coin if they don't like religion.

Let's stay on topic.
This is all on-topic. You can see people are already for and against it. What is more on-topic than that? Why would you want to make a coin that has any one person against it? As I said, you would have better results making a charity-based pool with a 25% fee for an assortment of coins. I actually LIKE that idea and would probably contribute. I would not put all my hashing power toward a currency/cause I didn't believe in.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Look, nobody has to buy or support this coin if they don't like religion.

Let's stay on topic.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Hell, why not just call them Hail Mary's

Well.  I have StMaryCoin locked in.  Didn't think about Hail Mary. Some may think its a sport coin or something.  I'll stick to CatholicCoin.  But thanks.

catholics=seed of satan

Come on man.  Can nobody who is not catholic look at all the good the church has done.  I'm not catholic and I'm happy to give them 25% of this coin if it ever launches cause I know a lot of good will come from it.
Yeah, who cares about those millions of dead people and fondled and ruined children. Some poor guy got enough money for booze. I'm sold.

Oh, so rich people don't molest children in your world?  Billionaires don't choose presidents and then start massive wars killing massive amounts of innocent people just so they can make another billion?  But some poor drunk has a place to sleep for free, no cost to you, the tax payer, and you're offended.

There's a name for that kind of thinking.
So then why arent you out there taking out huge loans from banks, skipping the country having a good time with it, just living the most of life without a care in the world, then when you run out of fun, or money or end up in prison off yourself, if you dont believe in afterlife whats the point then.?
That might be the dumbest question I've ever heard. If I don't believe something that was written by mortals who were still alive 2000 years ago about what happens when you die, then that means I believe in ruining other peoples' lives? How is that logical in any sense? If I went on some stupid killing spree and got gunned down, that'd be the end of my one life by your logic, why would I end it so suddenly?

If you believe in multiple lives with absolution of all sins, why don't you do those things yourself? Is it that inconceivable that people think for themselves and act on their own accord and not believe everything from a book written by people thousands of years ago and has been translated and bastardized several times over? You assume Christiany/Catholicism is the ONLY religion in the world. It isn't. Get over it.
Get over what, im not pushing anything am I ? Im just asking questions ... learn2read
So then why arent you out there taking out huge loans from banks, skipping the country having a good time with it, just living the most of life without a care in the world, then when you run out of fun, or money or end up in prison off yourself, if you dont believe in afterlife whats the point then.?
That might be the dumbest question I've ever heard. If I don't believe something that was written by mortals who were still alive 2000 years ago about what happens when you die, then that means I believe in ruining other peoples' lives? How is that logical in any sense? If I went on some stupid killing spree and got gunned down, that'd be the end of my one life by your logic, why would I end it so suddenly?

If you believe in multiple lives with absolution of all sins, why don't you do those things yourself? Is it that inconceivable that people think for themselves and act on their own accord and not believe everything from a book written by people thousands of years ago and has been translated and bastardized several times over? You assume Christiany/Catholicism is the ONLY religion in the world. It isn't. Get over it.
Activity: 338
Merit: 250
Christ died for our sins, so let's not disappoint him.  Wink
How do you disappoint a corpse?
Im just interested to know.... from non religious people here, or people who dont believe in God...

What do YOU think happens to you after you die ?      Im just curious to hear all your thoughts.......
Usually, your family has a burial, a cremation, or your body is donated to science/organ transplants to help the living. I suppose there's other options.
So you are saying that you, yourself just go blank, when you die, thats it, nothingness ... right?
You're asking me if the dead are dead? Yes, the dead are dead. Hence the word dead.

So if you didnt believe in some kind of afterlife you wouldnt be able to live a good life and enjoy the time you have here knowing theres nothing after it.

Well.  I have StMaryCoin locked in.  Didn't think about Hail Mary. Some may think its a sport coin or something.  I'll stick to CatholicCoin.  But thanks.

catholics=seed of satan

Come on man.  Can nobody who is not catholic look at all the good the church has done.  I'm not catholic and I'm happy to give them 25% of this coin if it ever launches cause I know a lot of good will come from it.
Yeah, who cares about those millions of dead people and fondled and ruined children. Some poor guy got enough money for booze. I'm sold.
Activity: 70
j-coin//just 4 cpu's

Well.  I have StMaryCoin locked in.  Didn't think about Hail Mary. Some may think its a sport coin or something.  I'll stick to CatholicCoin.  But thanks.

catholics=seed of satan

Come on man.  Can nobody who is not catholic look at all the good the church has done.  I'm not catholic and I'm happy to give them 25% of this coin if it ever launches cause I know a lot of good will come from it.

well on the brightside, it might keep preists from molesting young boys
Christ died for our sins, so let's not disappoint him.  Wink
How do you disappoint a corpse?
Im just interested to know.... from non religious people here, or people who dont believe in God...

What do YOU think happens to you after you die ?      Im just curious to hear all your thoughts.......
Usually, your family has a burial, a cremation, or your body is donated to science/organ transplants to help the living. I suppose there's other options.
So you are saying that you, yourself just go blank, when you die, thats it, nothingness ... right?
You're asking me if the dead are dead? Yes, the dead are dead. Hence the word dead.
Pages:
Jump to: