Author

Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded NVIDIA Maxwell / Pascal kernels. - page 1233. (Read 2347426 times)

sp_
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
NVIDIA has changes something in the compiler in the latest drivers. (22 oct-2014) Skein is now using 61 registers, while it used to use 63 in the old drivers(compute 5.0). Performance on the 970/980 is probobly bether. I will get my cards soon, and try them out.
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
I was planning to implement dynamic throughput in my fork. Every time the miner finds a share , the hashrate is dropping. This can be a problem if the difficulty set by the pool is too low.
The solution in the current beta miner is to set the difficulty higher.

With dynamic throughput , the miner will be fast with low difficulty as well.

Activity: 285
Merit: 250
I have ordered a 980 and a 970 card today. My code is only optimized for the 750ti, but I compiled with compute 5.2 in the latest version. The 980 card is too expensive to ROI with the current hashrate.
My goal is to push the 970 up to 10 and the 980 up to 12. and the TI up to 3.5. All base clocks.

But it will take time. I am already working fulltime as a programmer, so this project is done in the weekends/afternoons.

Pretty sweet goal. Congrats on your 970 purchase. Its been treating me well
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1003

sp your older ccminer  and im really pushing it. looking forward to your new one.  Smiley
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
Stable Oclock

sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
Beta 3 is soon ready for the betatesters.

legendary
I wonder if 6  980's or 970's can work on an Asrock 81 pro with 16 gigs of memory.

I don't see why it wouldn't work with 8 gigs or even 4 gigs if you'd strip your windows down a bit. However you'd very likely need two PSU's.
yes 2 psu's  but what can be taken out of windows?

I can only speak for windows 7, but there are a bunch of servies which are not necessary for mining. I have 4 gigs in my mining rigs and they are usually below 40% memory usage while mining with teamviewer open and a few luxury apps like widgets and monitoring tools (one of which streams a part of the screen every few seconds into a widget on my main rig). And I'm using cheap 60 GB SSD's with a few gigs of pagefile just in case. Anyway, 8 gig should be plenty without any tinkering.
can you mine scrypt jane 14 ?  and why a widget when you have team viewer?
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
I wonder if 6  980's or 970's can work on an Asrock 81 pro with 16 gigs of memory.

I don't see why it wouldn't work with 8 gigs or even 4 gigs if you'd strip your windows down a bit. However you'd very likely need two PSU's.
yes 2 psu's  but what can be taken out of windows?

I can only speak for windows 7, but there are a bunch of servies which are not necessary for mining. I have 4 gigs in my mining rigs and they are usually below 40% memory usage while mining with teamviewer open and a few luxury apps like widgets and monitoring tools (one of which streams a part of the screen every few seconds into a widget on my main rig). And I'm using cheap 60 GB SSD's with a few gigs of pagefile just in case. Anyway, 8 gig should be plenty without any tinkering.
legendary

The glass... actually that's what they removed in windows 8.1
Cheesy
im guessing its most of the apps for one, but what else?
legendary

Cheesy good one djm
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
I wonder if 6  980's or 970's can work on an Asrock 81 pro with 16 gigs of memory.

legendary

legendary
ICO? Not even once.

legendary
I wonder if 6  980's or 970's can work on an Asrock 81 pro with 16 gigs of memory.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
and what about your source code ?
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1106
But the sourcecode is released as well. Not many changes between the versions.

cubehash and luffa funnel shit (from klaus)
optimize x11 simd512 (+100KH/s)

https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/commits/windows

What is the magic change?

You tell me....I am just a miner, not a programmer, numbers don't lie, did you saw my screenshot? 9mhs is real and possible in x11 with the 980, watercooling is on the way.

As someone who still only uses fan cooling, how much is a watercooling solution costs?

Evga will sell their block for 150 us dollars....hydro cooper,there are other brands though...include radiator, bomb, tubes etc the price go higher.
For me, who lives in a shit country those things are much more expensive lol
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
Perhaps he recompiled with the latest NVIDIA driver released 2014.10.22. Has anybody with a 980 built the source and tested, or are you just running the latest binary?
legendary
ICO? Not even once.

You tell me....I am just a miner, not a programmer, numbers don't lie, did you saw my screenshot? 9mhs is real and possible in x11 with the 980, watercooling is on the way.

As someone who still only uses fan cooling, how much is a watercooling solution costs?
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1106

sp_
legendary
Team Black developer

cubehash and luffa funnel shit (from klaus 0% gain as the compiler already does this for 32bit funnelshifts)
optimize x11 simd512 (+100KH/s) (copied from tsiv's branch)

Jump to: