Pages:
Author

Topic: [CENT] Pennies launched - page 16. (Read 135092 times)

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
January 03, 2014, 03:06:25 PM
So all I need to do is transfer 100mil at a time to my wallet and just let it sit there?  1 CENT per 10,000 in my wallet just magically appears after 9 days?

Who knows... i didn' recieved anything (16-20 coins for 11 days for staking at wallets with 1x99.9M, 5x99.9M, 1x99.9M, 1x99.9M, 1x99.9M, 1x99.9M)...

yeah made the same mistake, we should have done 30M or less, 99M stakes often don't go through. Never mind we only lost out on billions of cents Sad

then again some wallet have not staked on just 30M, and some seem to have staked whilst they were offline becuase the moment i switch them on the stake starts making coins at once.

It was a buggy as hell coin, although rather fun Smiley

Activity: 357
Merit: 250
January 03, 2014, 03:02:04 PM
So all I need to do is transfer 100mil at a time to my wallet and just let it sit there?  1 CENT per 10,000 in my wallet just magically appears after 9 days?

Who knows... i didn' recieved anything (16-20 coins for 11 days for staking at wallets with 1x99.9M, 5x99.9M, 1x99.9M, 1x99.9M, 1x99.9M, 1x99.9M)...
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
January 03, 2014, 02:52:51 PM
Mortimer452, "your" staked coins are cryptsy coins. LOL, heh?

CORRECT! The stake earned on your Cryptsy balance belongs to Vern... too late now.

OK, so there's no way to earn stake on these coins now?  Purchased coins cannot be transferred to the wallet on my PC and staked?

You can transfer them to your own wallet now, but you are too late to get any kind of obscene stake... if you did it today then sometime after the 12th you would be eligible for those blocks to stake at the new, reduced rate. Just in case though... you should stick to transferring out blocks of 100 million or less at a time.

Right, I understand the stake is massively reduced under the new rules.  I just wasn't sure how it worked.

Activity: 630
January 03, 2014, 02:48:36 PM

CORRECT! The stake earned on your Cryptsy balance belongs to Vern... too late now.

OK, so there's no way to earn stake on these coins now?  Purchased coins cannot be transferred to the wallet on my PC and staked?

You can transfer them to your own wallet now, but you are too late to get any kind of obscene stake... if you did it today then sometime after the 12th you would be eligible for those blocks to stake at the new, reduced rate. Just in case though... you should stick to transferring out blocks of 100 million or less at a time.
January 03, 2014, 02:38:05 PM

January 03, 2014, 02:26:35 PM

legendary
January 03, 2014, 02:25:32 PM
How will this be enforced? what if most of the users do not use the latest wallet? is this fix 100% sure to work ?

Since January 1st v0.10.0.0 no longer accepts connections or blocks from older versions and seeing as Cryptsy is using it and they are the only place you can actually deposit coins in order to sell them people have very little choice but to use the new version.

Also will the latest wallet recoupe all loses people have made by sending too large of a transaction.

You don't lose any coins in this eventuality although it may cause wallet errors. Try importing the private key for the address into a brand new wallet as is outlined here

What happened to the 999 999 999 coins i sent to cryptsy 2 months ago?  They must be on the chain somewhere? or are they destroyed for good now?

If it actually made it onto the blockchain, that's probably a question you should be asking cryptsy.

Thanks for this information.
HMmm i will be asking cryptsy about this.
Activity: 357
January 03, 2014, 02:23:27 PM
January 03, 2014, 02:14:33 PM
Sorry for the noob question, but I've read through alot of posts and still not exactly sure how this stake thing works.

I have ~10billion CENT on Cryptsy.  How exactly do I "stake" my coins to earn more?  I realize at this point I probably need to wait until after Jan 8.
Merit: 502
January 03, 2014, 01:34:11 PM
How will this be enforced? what if most of the users do not use the latest wallet? is this fix 100% sure to work ?

Since January 1st v0.10.0.0 no longer accepts connections or blocks from older versions and seeing as Cryptsy is using it and they are the only place you can actually deposit coins in order to sell them people have very little choice but to use the new version.

Also will the latest wallet recoupe all loses people have made by sending too large of a transaction.

You don't lose any coins in this eventuality although it may cause wallet errors. Try importing the private key for the address into a brand new wallet as is outlined here

What happened to the 999 999 999 coins i sent to cryptsy 2 months ago?  They must be on the chain somewhere? or are they destroyed for good now?

If it actually made it onto the blockchain, that's probably a question you should be asking cryptsy.
legendary
January 03, 2014, 01:06:53 PM
What is supposed to happen the 8th? Is it related to Cryptsy? Can anyone point me to an official statement?

Stake reduces by a factor of 10,000.

How will this be enforced? what if most of the users do not use the latest wallet? is this fix 100% sure to work ?. Also will the latest wallet recoupe all loses people have made by sending too large of a transaction. What happened to the 999 999 999 coins i sent to cryptsy 2 months ago?  They must be on the chain somewhere? or are they destroyed for good now?

January 03, 2014, 12:50:25 PM
What is supposed to happen the 8th? Is it related to Cryptsy? Can anyone point me to an official statement?

Stake reduces by a factor of 10,000.
Activity: 458
January 03, 2014, 12:48:34 PM
January 03, 2014, 12:45:42 PM
Once again, very confusing.  How does one stake early or late?  You have the coins in the wallet and it stakes automatically, so why wouldn't it stake right on time then?

And what about the guy who sent 99.9 million coins 5 different times to the same address in the same wallet?  Will that stake or will the system see it as 500 million coins and thus no possibility to stake.  These are simple questions for those who know about cent yet there's never any clear answers.

There are lots of answers, try reading the threads instead of asking the same questions that have been asked and answered many times over.

It's entirely based upon transactions and the time since each transaction was created. You could send 100 transactions to the wallet but at 99 million the chances of all of those staking before it goes past the point where it's creating over 1 billion is very slim.

Does it still make sense to buy 1 Billion CENT at XPM .00000001?

It's risky, especially with XPM costing you double now but then again, it was always risky buying CENT at 1 XPM yet here I am with 60 billion now, and it doesn't look like I'll stake anything thanks to tons of misinformation and a total lack of sensibility to all my questions the last 5 days.

There's been no misinformation, just your own inability to do research by reading.
Activity: 409
Merit: 252
January 03, 2014, 12:42:09 PM

It's risky, especially with XPM costing you double now but then again, it was always risky buying CENT at 1 XPM yet here I am with 60 billion now, and it doesn't look like I'll stake anything thanks to tons of misinformation and a total lack of sensibility to all my questions the last 5 days.
January 03, 2014, 12:40:05 PM
Seeing as that does not take affect unti AFTER the start of Jan. 8th... you are still under the bugged calc of the SUPER stake... which... WILL NEVER stake for a block of 1 billion coins because the max transaction allowed IS 1 billion coins.
I've sent 99.9M to one address, 5*99.9M to another and other coins by 99.9M per one new address. All addresses generated in one wallet. Cryptsy didn't allowed to sent more than 99.9M.

If you read this thread you would know the largest blocks that can be staked are 99M coins... after the 8th... THEN you might get a stake for the formula amount you posyed.
Now i know. But all what i sent was 99 999 999 coins per tx.

I think each 99 million transaction has to be to a different wallet ID/address.  I made the same mistake, I sent like 20 99 million transactions to 2 different ID/addresses in the same wallet.  So I don't think I'll see any kind of interest vesting in these wallets even though it was the 10.0.0 version.  

Luckily I sent some 50 million and 100 million transactions to seperate addresses in a different wallet on a different laptop and those 50 million txs should vest.  

That wallet is the 9.6 version which means the 100 million transactions will never make babies.  I wish I had understood this earlier.  I kept asking but nobody gave a very clear answer.

I wonder why?

We've been telling everyone for 2-3 weeks to upgrade to 0.10.0.0 and that blocks created with older versions past December 31st would be ignored by the network. It's not like we were subtle in this. Pretty much every post by myself of The_Catman in the rejuvenation thread stated that you should upgrade before the deadline.

Under the pre-January 8th rules, unless you stake at 9 days exactly 99.9m transactions will not stake. Use this formula and you'll see why:
Code:
Transaction amount + (Transaction Amount * coin age in days) = total coins

Lets use 99,999,999 as an example and exactly 9 days:
Code:
99,999,999 + (99,999,999 * 9) = 999,999,990

At exactly 9 days this is just 10 coins under the 1 billion limit and literally 1 minute past 9 days means you won't stake under the old rules.

Even 99 million transactions is really pushing the limits under the old rules. You'd literally have to stake in 9 days to the hour for it not to go over 1 billion and with the current stake congestion you'd be very lucky to stake them.

Incorrect.

All my 99,999,999 CENT blocks staked the only issue was an error that popped up about the log not matching the transaction list in the wallet.dat or something... -salvagewallet fixed it completely.

7 of those inputs spit out 14 inputs of 495,XXX,XXX odd amounts.

It's not incorrect, you just staked marginally below 9 days. Staking tends to start maybe 1 hour before 9 days. Regardless a 99.9 million transaction has a very tiny window in which to stake so people were taking big risks by attempting to stake values that high.

If people used 99.9 million transactions and their stake didn't happen by 9 days exactly they'll likely need to wait until the new rules kick in on January 8th at which point their transactions will successfully stake a much lower amount of coins.

Once again, very confusing.  How does one stake early or late?  You have the coins in the wallet and it stakes automatically, so why wouldn't it stake right on time then?

And what about the guy who sent 99.9 million coins 5 different times to the same address in the same wallet?  Will that stake or will the system see it as 500 million coins and thus no possibility to stake.  These are simple questions for those who know about cent yet there's never any clear answers.
Activity: 273
January 03, 2014, 12:39:36 PM

January 03, 2014, 12:31:47 PM
Seeing as that does not take affect unti AFTER the start of Jan. 8th... you are still under the bugged calc of the SUPER stake... which... WILL NEVER stake for a block of 1 billion coins because the max transaction allowed IS 1 billion coins.
I've sent 99.9M to one address, 5*99.9M to another and other coins by 99.9M per one new address. All addresses generated in one wallet. Cryptsy didn't allowed to sent more than 99.9M.

If you read this thread you would know the largest blocks that can be staked are 99M coins... after the 8th... THEN you might get a stake for the formula amount you posyed.

I think each 99 million transaction has to be to a different wallet ID/address.  I made the same mistake, I sent like 20 99 million transactions to 2 different ID/addresses in the same wallet.  So I don't think I'll see any kind of interest vesting in these wallets even though it was the 10.0.0 version.  

Luckily I sent some 50 million and 100 million transactions to seperate addresses in a different wallet on a different laptop and those 50 million txs should vest.  

That wallet is the 9.6 version which means the 100 million transactions will never make babies.  I wish I had understood this earlier.  I kept asking but nobody gave a very clear answer.

I wonder why?

We've been telling everyone for 2-3 weeks to upgrade to 0.10.0.0 and that blocks created with older versions past December 31st would be ignored by the network. It's not like we were subtle in this. Pretty much every post by myself of The_Catman in the rejuvenation thread stated that you should upgrade before the deadline.

Under the pre-January 8th rules, unless you stake at 9 days exactly 99.9m transactions will not stake. Use this formula and you'll see why:
Code:
Transaction amount + (Transaction Amount * coin age in days) = total coins

Lets use 99,999,999 as an example and exactly 9 days:
Code:
99,999,999 + (99,999,999 * 9) = 999,999,990

At exactly 9 days this is just 10 coins under the 1 billion limit and literally 1 minute past 9 days means you won't stake under the old rules.

Even 99 million transactions is really pushing the limits under the old rules. You'd literally have to stake in 9 days to the hour for it not to go over 1 billion and with the current stake congestion you'd be very lucky to stake them.

Incorrect.

All my 99,999,999 CENT blocks staked the only issue was an error that popped up about the log not matching the transaction list in the wallet.dat or something... -salvagewallet fixed it completely.

It's not incorrect, you just staked marginally below 9 days. Staking tends to start maybe 1 hour before 9 days. Regardless a 99.9 million transaction has a very tiny window in which to stake so people were taking big risks by attempting to stake values that high under the pre-January 8th rules.

If people used 99.9 million transactions and their stake didn't happen by 9 days exactly they'll likely need to wait until the new rules kick in on January 8th at which point their transactions will successfully stake a much lower amount of coins.
January 03, 2014, 12:25:20 PM

Incorrect.

January 03, 2014, 12:00:14 PM

I think each 99 million transaction has to be to a different wallet ID/address.  I made the same mistake, I sent like 20 99 million transactions to 2 different ID/addresses in the same wallet.  So I don't think I'll see any kind of interest vesting in these wallets even though it was the 10.0.0 version. 

That wallet is the 9.6 version which means the 100 million transactions will never make babies.  I wish I had understood this earlier.  I kept asking but nobody gave a very clear answer.

I wonder why?
Pages:
Jump to: