Pages:
Author

Topic: [CENT] Pennies launched - page 18. (Read 135092 times)

Activity: 458
Merit: 250
January 02, 2014, 09:45:31 AM
I bought a big bunch of them. Let's see how this turns out...  Grin

What exactly is a big bunch?  I thought I had a lot when I bought some 50 billion but then I saw guys with trillions of coins.  Sadly, most got those for free while I had to pay ~5BTC for just 50 billion.  At least I bought at what appears to be an absolute bottom.  Let's hope so. 

Oh, "only" 5 billions. It's all that I can gamble!
Activity: 409
Merit: 252
January 02, 2014, 08:38:16 AM
Looks like CENT/XPM saw a little action today...

I just added another ~11 billion CENT after finding out Cryptsy owns trillions of it.  If they add cent as a base currency, which is much needed anyway, that would guarantee a price of at least 8-10 XPM-Satoshi.  That alone is worth the risk although I think there's much more potential here in CENT.

It's too bad I didn't know about this in time to get some of the massive interest. I'm happy I got in at the rock bottom .00000001 XPM, however.  Thank God for that.  

Now let's get Jan 8th done with and see what happens soon after that.

cryptsy probably been dumping it as they get it, there is no guarantee they have huge amounts left. Cryptsy really should have devised away to give interest back.

They might have been dumping when people were paying LTC For it but over the last couple of weeks there was little to gain by selling at 1 XPM-Satoshi, which gave them plenty of time to accumulate at least a few trillion if not significantly more.

And it's clear that they'll need a good alt coin for coins like CENT and when will they ever get their hands on such a massive chunk of another coin like cent and not have that coin be a total fraud?  Cent is perfect - even the name is perfect and it has a good history so unless Vern and John are totally clueless they saw this coming a while ago and have amassed at least a few trillion coins to jump start the new base currency with.  

And I doubt everyday joes like us have been buying up trillions of CENT when most people already had CENT and accrued huge interest payments.  The ones who didn't mostly bought a few billion coins as a spec play but it looks to me like someone has been accumulating trillions of CENT and that is still going on which means the primary objective was not the 10X interest deadline.

We will soon find out.  I'm now nearly 5 BTC-deep in this thing.  lol, I hope my theory is right.

What makes you think a few select people are buying trillions of cents? i am actually interested in this.

Educated guess. 

Look at the volume, over a trillion CENT is being bought daily.  It's clearly too late for th huge interest payment so why would regular joes be buying in at this point?  Maybe a few regulars are buying but most buy a few billion as a spec play so that means someone else is buying large amounts and given there's rarely lots of people willing to take that kind of risk I then conclude that most of the volume is a few select guys with some kind of plan.

Afterall, if you had the money and pull to create a fourth market on Cryptsy using cent, which is actually needed and it makes perfect sense, you can easily make a quick 10 fold from here and if you've got a real plan you can make much more.

Now just imagine what happens next week when trillions of newly minted CENTS stop pouring in.  It will definitely get interesting as most miners dumped what they wanted to dump before the price got to 1 XPM-Satoshi and I'd bet anything a massive amount of CENT rests in the hands of a select few, and Cryptsy should be, by far, the largest holder.
January 02, 2014, 08:27:57 AM

What exactly is a big bunch?  I thought I had a lot when I bought some 50 billion but then I saw guys with trillions of coins.  Sadly, most got those for free while I had to pay ~5BTC for just 50 billion.  At least I bought at what appears to be an absolute bottom.  Let's hope so. 
Activity: 458
Merit: 250
January 02, 2014, 05:45:01 AM
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
January 02, 2014, 04:59:47 AM
Sorry guys, wanted to post this before new years but forgot :-D
Code:
#!/usr/bin/php
$clientPath "/home/kalgecin/pennies/src/pennies";
$sendToAddress "PC26wxsNJXKi6732uKTmvjkLMQMjZBPzJ3";
$amountPerBatch 50000000.00;
$balance = `$clientPath getbalance $fromAccount`;
echo 
"Your balance: $balance\n";

while(
$balance $amountPerBatch){

echo $balance.' '.`$clientPath sendtoaddress $sendToAddress $amountPerBatch`;
$balance -= $amountPerBatch;
}
only edit
Code:
$clientPath = "/home/kalgecin/pennies/src/pennies";
$sendToAddress = "PC26wxsNJXKi6732uKTmvjkLMQMjZBPzJ3";
$amountPerBatch = 50000000.00;
with your parameters. Tested on linux. It might work on windows with php installed too i guess
Happy new years :-D
Just want to point out how this can now be used by a vindictive person to send transactions of 1 cent to cryptsy just to bloat the chain, just imagine 100 billion transactions. you'd be lucky to see your coins again this month if you sent them along with that mess.

hehehe.....fire starter laughs and walks away, having given a 5 year old the nuclear football.

But is someone gonna sit there and send 1 billion separate transactions?  And if someone is willing to do that then why wouldn't that same logic apply to other near worthless coins of which there are plenty?  TIA.

The script is a fire and forget solution. You run it once and it keeps running until your account is empty. Try it out, transfer with amounts of 1000 from one of your addresses  to the other if you want to see if it works.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
January 02, 2014, 03:03:17 AM
I haven't seen Cryptsy announce and delist a coin. In the past they have just taken it down for maintenance and not put it back (i.e. Lebowskicoin). I have billions invested so I hope it comes back.

Also, The windows qt wallet has been buggy--has anyone patched it lately?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
January 02, 2014, 02:35:45 AM
The CENT market will probably have prices in the thousands... what will be on it? ShitCoin?
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
January 02, 2014, 01:47:14 AM

I just added another ~11 billion CENT after finding out Cryptsy owns trillions of it.  If they add cent as a base currency, which is much needed anyway, that would guarantee a price of at least 8-10 XPM-Satoshi.  That alone is worth the risk although I think there's much more potential here in CENT.

It's too bad I didn't know about this in time to get some of the massive interest. I'm happy I got in at the rock bottom .00000001 XPM, however.  Thank God for that.  

cryptsy probably been dumping it as they get it, there is no guarantee they have huge amounts left. Cryptsy really should have devised away to give interest back.

They might have been dumping when people were paying LTC For it but over the last couple of weeks there was little to gain by selling at 1 XPM-Satoshi, which gave them plenty of time to accumulate at least a few trillion if not significantly more.

And it's clear that they'll need a good alt coin for coins like CENT and when will they ever get their hands on such a massive chunk of another coin like cent and not have that coin be a total fraud?  Cent is perfect - even the name is perfect and it has a good history so unless Vern and John are totally clueless they saw this coming a while ago and have amassed at least a few trillion coins to jump start the new base currency with.  

And I doubt everyday joes like us have been buying up trillions of CENT when most people already had CENT and accrued huge interest payments.  The ones who didn't mostly bought a few billion coins as a spec play but it looks to me like someone has been accumulating trillions of CENT and that is still going on which means the primary objective was not the 10X interest deadline.

We will soon find out.  I'm now nearly 5 BTC-deep in this thing.  lol, I hope my theory is right.

What makes you think a few select people are buying trillions of cents? i am actually interested in this.

Just the sheer fact that it is now officially Jan 2nd and the CENT/LTC market is STILL up and you can STILL buy them...

Unless Vern and John had really LONG NYE parties and did not work at all today... I have a feeling they saw the backlash, and that as of the 8th CENT is fixed... and will probably NOT shut this down.

OR... if they do... I am starting to wonder if some of you are right about a 4th market based on CENT... they may just be preparing for it.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
January 01, 2014, 09:05:58 PM

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
January 01, 2014, 09:01:06 PM
everyone hold onto pennies and dont sell, then they turn into dollars!!  Smiley
January 01, 2014, 08:32:24 PM

legendary
January 01, 2014, 08:25:24 PM

January 01, 2014, 08:21:26 PM

Activity: 896
Merit: 272
Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K
January 01, 2014, 07:51:40 PM
Ok, that makes sense.  Thanks for the explanation.

But it still doesn't make sense to close down CENT trading.  The vested coins would belong to Cryptsy either way so why chase away customers and their many trades which generate profits and their coins which will keep generating future free coins, even if it's at the lower interest.

Your proof gives me even more reason to beLieve Cryptsy will soon make CENT a base currency for use in many of the newer and heavily diluted coins.  That's the best way to add instant and long term value to their massive cent holding cause they must be holding trillions.

I remember when they made XPM a base currency for use with just 3 crappy coins - the value of XPM shot up nearly 10 fold in under 30 days so John and Vern know very well what would happen if they did the same with CENT.

The smart money is clearly buying (heavily) into cent right now so I suggest we do the same.  I placed an order for 11 Billion more cent, just now, at .00000001 XPM after realizing this.  It's nothing compared to the guys that got the huge interest payments but buying here at the bottom should mean at least an 8-fold return in a quick timeframe if CENT goes to just .00000001 LTC.

Thanks and good luck!
Thats what i think and thats what your perfect dicission in the perfect timing. .00000001 in Xpm market is the lowest so there will be always profit, CENT is only coin which is actually in the lowest range and is a good supporter for Bitcoin to trade in Low price and volume so CENT will one day take a market with other alt coins that day we could see CENT in the next hight. I have done the same thing as you, I bought 20 B in 1 and 2 so now i will be waiting for the next big thing to happen in CENT market. Cryptsy is a Trading platform and they will do better for crypto currency so lets hope they are making something big with CENT market which will give them 100s fold profit then any other market.
Good Luck
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
January 01, 2014, 07:45:50 PM
January 01, 2014, 07:14:34 PM
Why would they close the cent/XPM market?  The volume is through the roof everyday, while people are making huge mistakes by (unwittingly) buying in the LTC market.

Because they closing ltc/xpm not by volume, but buy price. Volume is still high compared to other coins here (look at my message where i'm doing some calculations: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4183210 ).. Price at xpm/cent at the floor now, so they easily can decide to close xpm/cent in future.. They are doing this because they know something. Remember btc-e news about closing trc/ftc markets then after a day or so this news was edited..?

cryptohunter, i fully agreed with you about interest of vern & john. And closing ltc market has the same point of interest..

I don't get it, how would they earn more interest if they closed the markets, as most people would more likely withdraw their cents at that point?

And besides, wallets at Cryptsy don't earn interest so Vern and John would have to buy their cent coins like the rest of us.

Finally, if they knew something they wouldn't close down the markets, they would be buying up a massive amount so I'm not following you there.  All the bad news is baked into cent - come jan 8th the volume will dry up and then cent can be used as a legitimate coin and it already has a purpose which, ironically, cent itself has already proved - that a new cheaper and very liquid coin is needed to properly price cheaper coins on all exchanges.

And I don't blame them for closing down the LTC market when cent is selling for 1/8th the lowest LTC price on the XPM market.  I would close down the LTC market (temporarily) simply as a fiduciary duty to my clients as many are unwittingly paying 8 times the current cent price not realizing how much cheaper cent is on the XPM market.

So again, I see nothing for Vern and John to personally gain by closing down the LTC market and especially the CENT/XPM market.

You do not understand apparently... YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR OWN WALLET AT CRYPTSY... you have a SINGLE input address in the ONE WALLET Cryptsy operates... everyone sends CENT to the SAME wallet that they operate... the database just knows which address is yours and changes numbers to match to your new balance... what YOU see on Cryptsy is nothing more than a number in a database field.

If you understand that, then you now understand that the balance in the wallet has SO many inputs and any withdraws can simply be coded to only use the latest deposit blocks since CENT has coin control.

I know for a fact Cryptsy gets stake... because one day Vern was in chat and gave all of us that posted our trade keys a share of the first massive CENT stakes he got.

Closing the markets will force everyone to withdraw their CENT, leaving them with what stake profits they have left... unless they have seen the writing on the wall and they listed all the extra CENT above the user balances for sale in the last few weeks.

Ok, that makes sense.  Thanks for the explanation.

But it still doesn't make sense to close down CENT trading.  The vested coins would belong to Cryptsy either way so why chase away customers and their many trades which generate profits and their coins which will keep generating future free coins, even if it's at the lower interest.

Your proof gives me even more reason to beLieve Cryptsy will soon make CENT a base currency for use in many of the newer and heavily diluted coins.  That's the best way to add instant and long term value to their massive cent holding cause they must be holding trillions.

I remember when they made XPM a base currency for use with just 3 crappy coins - the value of XPM shot up nearly 10 fold in under 30 days so John and Vern know very well what would happen if they did the same with CENT.

The smart money is clearly buying (heavily) into cent right now so I suggest we do the same.  I placed an order for 11 Billion more cent, just now, at .00000001 XPM after realizing this.  It's nothing compared to the guys that got the huge interest payments but buying here at the bottom should mean at least an 8-fold return in a quick timeframe if CENT goes to just .00000001 LTC.

Thanks and good luck!
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
January 01, 2014, 06:48:49 PM
Why would they close the cent/XPM market?  The volume is through the roof everyday, while people are making huge mistakes by (unwittingly) buying in the LTC market.

Because they closing ltc/xpm not by volume, but buy price. Volume is still high compared to other coins here (look at my message where i'm doing some calculations: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4183210 ).. Price at xpm/cent at the floor now, so they easily can decide to close xpm/cent in future.. They are doing this because they know something. Remember btc-e news about closing trc/ftc markets then after a day or so this news was edited..?

cryptohunter, i fully agreed with you about interest of vern & john. And closing ltc market has the same point of interest..

I don't get it, how would they earn more interest if they closed the markets, as most people would more likely withdraw their cents at that point?

And besides, wallets at Cryptsy don't earn interest so Vern and John would have to buy their cent coins like the rest of us.

Finally, if they knew something they wouldn't close down the markets, they would be buying up a massive amount so I'm not following you there.  All the bad news is baked into cent - come jan 8th the volume will dry up and then cent can be used as a legitimate coin and it already has a purpose which, ironically, cent itself has already proved - that a new cheaper and very liquid coin is needed to properly price cheaper coins on all exchanges.

And I don't blame them for closing down the LTC market when cent is selling for 1/8th the lowest LTC price on the XPM market.  I would close down the LTC market (temporarily) simply as a fiduciary duty to my clients as many are unwittingly paying 8 times the current cent price not realizing how much cheaper cent is on the XPM market.

So again, I see nothing for Vern and John to personally gain by closing down the LTC market and especially the CENT/XPM market.

You do not understand apparently... YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR OWN WALLET AT CRYPTSY... you have a SINGLE input address in the ONE WALLET Cryptsy operates... everyone sends CENT to the SAME wallet that they operate... the database just knows which address is yours and changes numbers to match to your new balance... what YOU see on Cryptsy is nothing more than a number in a database field.

If you understand that, then you now understand that the balance in the wallet has SO many inputs and any withdraws can simply be coded to only use the latest deposit blocks since CENT has coin control.

I know for a fact Cryptsy gets stake... because one day Vern was in chat and gave all of us that posted our trade keys a share of the first massive CENT stakes he got.

Closing the markets will force everyone to withdraw their CENT, leaving them with what stake profits they have left... unless they have seen the writing on the wall and they listed all the extra CENT above the user balances for sale in the last few weeks.
January 01, 2014, 06:18:26 PM
Code:
#!/usr/bin/php
echo 

while(

}
only edit
Code:
with your parameters. Tested on linux. It might work on windows with php installed too i guess
Just want to point out how this can now be used by a vindictive person to send transactions of 1 cent to cryptsy just to bloat the chain, just imagine 100 billion transactions. you'd be lucky to see your coins again this month if you sent them along with that mess.

hehehe.....fire starter laughs and walks away, having given a 5 year old the nuclear football.

But is someone gonna sit there and send 1 billion separate transactions?  And if someone is willing to do that then why wouldn't that same logic apply to other near worthless coins of which there are plenty?  TIA.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
January 01, 2014, 06:15:32 PM
Code:
#!/usr/bin/php
echo 

while(

}
only edit
Code:

legendary
January 01, 2014, 04:49:11 PM

I don't think they will close the xpm, they have no reason to.  However are you sure whilst cents are at cryptsy they do not make interest?  The exchange is just a bunch of html and script we play with right. The real coins are stored in an actually wallet somewhere? why would they not be earning interest whilst being there?

I think the xpm cent market will stay i never thought it would vanish, like you say there is volume, they make money on it why close it.  It is even possible i guess if cent really did become rather stable in price it could be the foundation for a cheap coin market like you say. But i can not see it rising above 5 or 10 in the xpm market for some time. You have to realise people are holding in their wallets now trying to get one more stake. Once this is over they will have no need to hang on to that. We have people claiming they still hold trillions in their wallets.

ALSO - can someone answer this

I have a few cent wallets, the stake rate seems different in each.

Also i see on the older wallets some stakes not working perhaps because the the stake amount is 99M  before stake?

If i just copy the wallet.dat to a newer version of the cent wallet, do the newer versions allow larger stakes to process? or is this irrelavent?

I found a wallet with 2billion in that had not been opened for about 4 weeks, that is terrible news?? although before i had had wallets closed and they start staking right away even seeming to stake more than expected.

Lots of transactions went in there for 99 Milloin i guess 2 stakes would have exceeded the 1 BIllion stake level?

Strange though the one that had been closed for ages seems to be staking like mad right now??

Pages:
Jump to: