Pages:
Author

Topic: Centra Founders Arrested - page 4. (Read 582 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 281
April 03, 2018, 01:51:48 AM
I thought of recent that Centra was starting to look like a good option to buy as they were moving forward with the wallet etc. With the current news of 2 ex team members being arrested and Binance putting out a statement saying they're risky and will look into it more for possible delisting I'm not to sure now.
It's a interesting one to keep a eye on because if they only have to do a few things to please the SEC and can continue on with the project SEC compliant then at this current price now ($0.13) it's a steal.

I agree, but the risk is too much for me. I dumped my bounty tokens because of the negative press. While Centra could in theory recover, I can't help but think this does lasting damage to the brand. Also, besides possible delistings, I am concerned about a class-action lawsuit, which can potentially deplete the funds of the company. I just don't see much positive out of this. I wish Centra investors well, and hope they can turn things around, but I decided to take the hit tonight.

I should point out that investors who had done their research knew about the shadiness of the founders, as it was reported in the New York Times many months ago. Putting fake profiles and bios on the website is beyond stupid.

While I won't name names, to me that's a major red flag that I observed in another project recently that I dumped. Investors need to hold these companies to a higher standard than they currently do.
Activity: 336
Merit: 55
April 03, 2018, 01:49:24 AM
I just look at coinmarketcap and Centra already lost almost -60% within 24 hours because of this negative news about their founders. History repeats just like what happen on Bitconnect. I'm pretty sure that their investors and holders are now on panic selling. It is a serious crime and even Floyd Mayweather was being charged on endorsing their cryptocurrency. It will be impossible for Centra to get back in track unless a miracle happens.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
April 03, 2018, 01:42:22 AM
I thought of recent that Centra was starting to look like a good option to buy as they were moving forward with the wallet etc. With the current news of 2 ex team members being arrested and Binance putting out a statement saying they're risky and will look into it more for possible delisting I'm not to sure now.
It's a interesting one to keep a eye on because if they only have to do a few things to please the SEC and can continue on with the project SEC compliant then at this current price now ($0.13) it's a steal.
Activity: 392
Merit: 24
April 03, 2018, 01:35:54 AM
Also Binance announced that they may remove it from exchange. It is now -62% in binance
Activity: 199
Merit: 10
April 03, 2018, 01:30:49 AM
Any thoughts about this Cointelegraph article?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/sec-busts-fraudulent-ico-endorsed-by-floyd-mayweather-founders-defrauded-32-mln

I thought it was repulsive for Centra to create fake profiles and biographies to promote their ICO, but from what I saw it looked like the company had turned things around and was becoming legitimate. Supposedly they have a live product now and have been issuing cards. What do you guys think?

Is Centra done? Is a dead cat bounce in sight? Can the company bounce back?

This is big news.
The moment I saw Floyd Mayweather  endorsing Centra, I have a hint that it can't be trusted. Mayweather is known for making money and I believe he will endorse anything as long as the price is right.
Activity: 1960
Merit: 329
www.Artemis.co
April 03, 2018, 01:03:22 AM
I read the news on some online site. It saddens me because I have got a few of the coins though the coin is in a dip now. It will be hard for me to sell off now knowing the loss that I will suffer. I actually bought in when I read that it had Floyd Maywheather's support but what is happening now is quite sad.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
April 03, 2018, 12:54:57 AM
I wouldn't expect the price to skyrocket anytime soon. If you're holding, buckle up. If you're looking to short it, I would wait awhile to buy until I started getting indications of a floor.

But what do I know, I'm not a financial advisor. I'm a talking monkey.
Activity: 854
Merit: 281
April 03, 2018, 12:43:38 AM
Any thoughts about this Cointelegraph article?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/sec-busts-fraudulent-ico-endorsed-by-floyd-mayweather-founders-defrauded-32-mln

I thought it was repulsive for Centra to create fake profiles and biographies to promote their ICO, but from what I saw it looked like the company had turned things around and was becoming legitimate. Supposedly they have a live product now and have been issuing cards. What do you guys think?

Is Centra done? Is a dead cat bounce in sight? Can the company bounce back?

This is big news.
Pages:
Jump to: