Pages:
Author

Topic: "Centrality" for decentralization? - page 2. (Read 240 times)

Activity: 1624
Merit: 261
November 03, 2019, 03:36:19 PM

Heard of the project "Centrality" from NZ? They have a decent team and website (https://centrality.ai/).

But isn't it weird to call yourself centrality if blockchain is all about achieving decentralization?

Bad marketing Smiley and on that note: can someone explain to me why this project is supposed to be useful, given that we already have Ethereum and other Dapp blockchains?

This is funny, we cannot be so quick to judge any project as we have seen many projects with awesome marketing tactics running away with investor's money or not reaching the exchange or betraying the bounty hunters by locking their token until it becomes worthless.  I am not talking about the content as there are other expertise who might be sharing their review but I am saying that the name does not play major role.
Activity: 798
Merit: 38
November 03, 2019, 03:28:57 PM

Heard of the project "Centrality" from NZ? They have a decent team and website (https://centrality.ai/).

But isn't it weird to call yourself centrality if blockchain is all about achieving decentralization?

Bad marketing Smiley and on that note: can someone explain to me why this project is supposed to be useful, given that we already have Ethereum and other Dapp blockchains?

Have you taken your time to study the project?
You cannot judge a project by the cover (which is the topic), but by the content.
If you check the OVERVIEW of the project, it is still talking about decentralization. Which means their app will be decentralized.
Centrality might just be a caption, meant to bring together many DApps.

I did study their page, but am not a pro (like you might be), so please enlighten me:

if they create a KYC where users use a single login for many dapps, how is that not centralization?

Lol... I am also a learner. My assertion is only on the application and not the KYC they are subjecting their users to.
You earlier did not mention anything like KYC, but if that is the case and you are not comfortable with it, then you might just let go of it. I personally also do jot advocate giving out one's personal details for unknown persons and not even in a case like this.

The funny part of it is that, there are many projects out that, that profess to be decentralized, yet those who want to participate in them must be KYC compliant.
Activity: 2240
Merit: 270
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
November 03, 2019, 03:24:12 PM
Many people willingly invest in projects that openly declare their centralization. I think it is much more important what benefit this project will bring and whether it will be of benefit to people or benefit to the government of New Zealand.
this the level of understanding is what we need as investors after the market trend in past few months but surprisingly we are still seeing all these distractions. The most important part of the technology behind cryptocurrency is the safety and convenience in transaction. Cryptocurrency has improved in terms of use case and there will some additions in the future will focus on the tokenomics than the technology.
Activity: 53
Merit: 3
November 03, 2019, 03:13:10 PM

You cannot judge a project by the cover (which is the topic), but by the content.
If you check the OVERVIEW of the project, it is still talking about decentralization. Which means their app will be decentralized.

I did study their page, but am not a pro (like you might be), so please enlighten me:

if they create a KYC where users use a single login for many dapps, how is that not centralization?
Activity: 798
Merit: 38
November 03, 2019, 03:08:11 PM

Activity: 482
Merit: 117
November 03, 2019, 02:49:47 PM
Many people willingly invest in projects that openly declare their centralization. I think it is much more important what benefit this project will bring and whether it will be of benefit to people or benefit to the government of New Zealand.
Activity: 53
Merit: 3
November 03, 2019, 02:21:19 PM

Pages:
Jump to: