Pages:
Author

Topic: cgminer "stratum connection to pool 0 interrupted" issue - page 3. (Read 42381 times)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10
I too watched cgminer rollover to my 50btc backup when bitminter went down.  (urls removed)

Code:
[2013-05-14 04:55:51] Accepted d995938b Diff 1/1 GPU 1 pool 0 
 [2013-05-14 04:57:23] Stratum connection to pool 0 interrupted
 [2013-05-14 04:57:23] Lost 33 shares due to stratum disconnect on pool 0
 [2013-05-14 04:58:23] Pool 0 stratum+tcp://{bitminterurl} not responding!
 [2013-05-14 04:58:23] Switching to pool 1 stratum+tcp://{50btcurl}
 [2013-05-14 04:58:38] Accepted c2f6966a Diff 1/1 GPU 1 pool 1

All OK, except I had round-robin set, and I would have expected cgminer to roll back to the primary pool at some time?  Perhaps round robin is only for the failover pools and does not include the primary pool?

Unfortunately, one card went 'sick', with cgminer throwing "Error -6", and continued to log this repeatedly every minute for 15 minutes until I restarted.  I don't know if it's the card, or the error is code related.  I restarted cgminer and the sick card sprang right into action. I include it here in case ckolivas might find it useful.

Code:
[2013-05-14 06:23:30] Accepted 2000c7dc Diff 7/1 GPU 1 pool 1 
 [2013-05-14 06:23:40] GPU0: Idle for more than 60 seconds, declaring SICK!
 [2013-05-14 06:23:40] GPU0: Attempting to restart
 [2013-05-14 06:23:40] Thread 0 still exists, killing it off
 [2013-05-14 06:23:40] Thread 1 still exists, killing it off
 [2013-05-14 06:23:40] Error -6: Creating Command Queue. (clCreateCommandQueue)
 [2013-05-14 06:23:40] Failed to reinit GPU thread 0

Thanks
Activity: 80
Try the newer release, and try disabling hotplug if your keyboard is having issues too (--hotplug 0)
Thanks, been running the latest release since it was posted and it seems to be coping much better with stratum disruption.  I've seen things fail over from Bitminter to BTCGuild and back again.  Previous releases just hung.
That's good. I did completely rewrite the networking component of stratum in 3.1.1 so it should be much better.

Oh, dear - definite improvement but still not quite stable.  Bitminter's just gone down and this time cgminer didn't make it over to BTCguild in one piece.  Sad

Code:
Rejected untracked stratum share from pool 0
Stratum connection to pool 0 interrupted
Lost 3 shares due to stratum disconnect on pool 0
Pool 0 stratum+tcp://mint.bitminter.com:3333 not responding!
Switching to pool 1 http://eu-stratum.btcguild.com:3333

BTC guild shows cgminer as submitting one successful share, then submits every 9-10seconds which are classified Reject (other).  Cgminer's UI has hung at this point and GPUs have cooled down, fans reduced.

The UI which has hung still says connected to mint.bitminter runnning at full tilt, which it's clearly not.

Code:
Edit: rather worryingly when restarting cgminer I discovered the GPU's weren't cool at all!
- it was just the fans that had throttled back.
On startup one of my GPUs was running 6 degrees over its target temperature.

On restarting it failed over to btcguild correctly as bitminter was still down or being DoS'd.
Shortly after reconnected back over to Bitminter when it detected a stratum connection.
FYI:  CK's wallets (both BTC and LTC) are in the readme's of his cgminer packages.  Scrypt readme for LTC, readme for BTC.

I had some initial issues with the 3.1.1 as recommended, but am diagnosing personal network issues.  I'll report back in a couple days, too.
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
Will do. Posting report after a day or two testing

>24 hrs, works like charm Smiley great work m8.

Will send some LTC your way. Keep up the good work

EDIT: ckolivas post LTC Adress please Wink
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Try the newer release, and try disabling hotplug if your keyboard is having issues too (--hotplug 0)
Thanks, been running the latest release since it was posted and it seems to be coping much better with stratum disruption.  I've seen things fail over from Bitminter to BTCGuild and back again.  Previous releases just hung.
That's good. I did completely rewrite the networking component of stratum in 3.1.1 so it should be much better.
Thanks, been running the latest release since it was posted and it seems to be coping much better with stratum disruption.  I've seen things fail over from Bitminter to BTCGuild and back again.  Previous releases just hung.

Did get a windows bluescreen earlier today, but I'll see how that goes it's quite possibly nothing to do with cgminer.

Thanks again ckolivas!
Will do. Posting report after a day or two testing
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
I'm still struggling with "Stratum interrupted" issue. On windows, using CGMINER 3.1, I've updated the network card drivers to the latest, rewired all network connections, and have tried using a local stratum proxy.  My windows machines still fail at different times, throwing one "stratum interrupted" line in the log, and then cgminer does nothing.  I've seen others with multiple "stratum interrupted" lines in their logs, but mine throws one then seems to freeze.  CGMINER does not accept keyboard commands at this point.

In contrast, my linux rig, which is hooked up to the same network, manages to keep connected.

Is there a cgminer parameter I can try to make it reconnect?  Or at least make it's failover configuration work?  I believe I have the failover config correct, but it doesn't trigger with "stratum interrupted".  I might try going back to an older version of cgminer.

Thanks
Activity: 403
Merit: 250
What I have noticed. Before I run cgminer all Internet connections are good can surf web etc.

Soon as I start cgminer few seconds after boot it receives a work order from pool. Cgminer starts to work it and THAT'S the point where all my Internet connection is disabled. (Can't even load a web page even though my Internet network is perfectly connected still) (all other computers on same wifi can still surf web no problems)

Once cgminer finishes work it CANNOT send it back to pool (due to no Internet connection) then cgminer gives message

Stratum connection to pool 0 Interrupted
Lost 1 share due to stratum disconnect on pool 0

Then I think cgminer auto restarts and that's the point where Internet is restored and therefore it retrieves a new work order from pool and once it starts working on it bam same thing and over and over and over..

I don't know what to do. It's not the pool (I have tried many)

Any suggestions . ? Running latest cgminer with 12.8 drivers for vid card
Im using Guiminer (tried cgminer same thing happens) My internet works fine BUT as SOON as I start to try and mine it litterally cuts my internet connection off. Cant load a webpage, nada. I see Guiminer hashing away but no shares get accepted , no stales nada (no communication with pool I suppose since internet cuts)

Still searching for answer with this problem (I cant mine) no answers although.

I updated everything too and it has worked before and now all the sudden this . So Im at a loss as to the cause
I'm on LTC now, same thing happening, so it's not pool related as I can see...
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
I was mining primarily on Slush when mine kept disconnecting, not sure if that had something to do with it or not.
Happening to me too! Ringing 7850 card. Soon as I start to mine my Internet connection goes bad . Can't even surf web
Possibly, still no resolution here  Angry

Ran stable for 36hrs before locking up this time.

Haven't gotten around to setting up a local stratum proxy yet, but have switched pools to BTC guild temporarily to see if that's any more stable.
So did anyone found solution for this issue? I see that most of us are on Bitminter and using multiple 7970 cards?

Could this be 7970 specific problem?
Same issue here.

2x 7970 cgminer get stuck when connection is lost...
I'm getting this, too.  Running 3.1 on windows, and 3.0 on linux.  Of three rigs, 1 windows and 1 linux both went "pool 0 interrupted" and ceased mining.  The third rig kept on mining.  Neither of the two that "interrupted" failed over.

I'll try setting up a local stratum proxy, but I'm not convinced it will help.

Thanks CK, cgminer is a terrific tool.  The new release is packed with updates!
Exact same problem here.  Win 7 x64   Was on cgminer 2.11.4, just tried 3.1.0.

Mining with x2 7970s - CG miner seems to lockup, doesn't hash and won't take keyboard input.  Always reports a stratum connection interrupted before going down.

Had this problem a few times earlier this month.  Then has been stable for 14 days or so.  Now last couple of days its 4-5 hours max, then it hangs.

Mining at Bitminter pool with a failover pool set to BTCGuild.  It never fails over, it hangs before. after saying stratum interrupted and then lost shares.  A restart of cgminer restores everything working again (till next time).

I suspect the problem trigger is instability in the stratum connection as it has happened each time Bitminter restart or goes down.  I'm contemplating setting up a local stratum proxy to try to circumvent the problem until this is fixed.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Got hit again by this pool disconnection message. Hashing has stopped and my pool info confirms this. I mine from a remote location, so this is really painful. It has happened now on three out of the four machines that I mine on.

I don't think it's a network card issue. I'd switched to BitMinter for a while and was using their java app, and didn't have any connection problems at all during that time.

I'm in a Win 7 x64 environment with the latest version of cgminer if that helps.
Pages:
Jump to: