Pages:
Author

Topic: CGminer v3.8.5 on Broadcom based DD-WRT / OpenWRT - page 13. (Read 76917 times)

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000
(bflsingles led going out for about 100ms to 300 ms.)

I certainly don't see that. just a flicker for me. 300ms would be VERY noticeable. In my version of cgminer I run (home_brew in my git) I have timers around all the comms routines. Avg time is around 0.015s, max time 0.024s over the past 2 days with many, MANY throttles (been HOT here).

The best way to check is to compare hash rates between systems over a day or so. Should be consistent.

Can you point me to a link to be able to setup my workstation to compile the cgminer git code for dd-wrt
Activity: 339
Merit: 250
dafq is goin on
the funny thing is the min time for idling reported by cgminer via the api is way less. thats why i think, it could be sth else. maybe i test it with my celeron 500 usb 1.1 notebook setup sometime, see, if its blinking the same like with a fast cpu, or does the blinking like with the router. but not today.

For anyone with just a few bfls and already owning a linksys/dd-wrt compatible mipsel router and no server running 24/7 this is definitely still the way to go.

legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198
This is not OK.
Definitely an observable difference there. Mine blink slower then your unbuntu there, probably as slow as your e3200. I can say that's less then 100ms though, 100 would be quite clear. Guess this is simply the processing time of the router... not much you can do about that.
dafq is goin on
I really am not able to time it, 300 ms could be too much, but it is definitely more noticable than with the "pc".
The api readings also give me faith, that it is caused by sth else.
As the e3200 had to actually have another use, which it can't handle (pptpinternet connection fails), i will probably send it back monday, and try with a tp-link and openwrt again, oh that endian...

But to not be so negative: p-sheps work is really slick with integrated service etc.
http://youtu.be/xxxNnIS2cuQ

http://youtu.be/PaH2CWPVVZ8

maybe my guesstimate with more than 5% idle is a bit high, but you can see the difference.

P_shep is your "blinking" less?

dafq is goin on
so I  got told, that you can check the timings of the bfl via the api, the minimum time is only 0.00003 @e3200 vs 0.00001 @x2 cpu.

that value still does not explain that idle time.

I noticed, that the serial ports are hooked in differently under dd-wrt then under a normal distro (not /dev/ttyUSB -> /dev/usb/tty/0), is that the cause?
legendary
This is not OK.
(bflsingles led going out for about 100ms to 300 ms.)

I certainly don't see that. just a flicker for me. 300ms would be VERY noticeable. In my version of cgminer I run (home_brew in my git) I have timers around all the comms routines. Avg time is around 0.015s, max time 0.024s over the past 2 days with many, MANY throttles (been HOT here).

The best way to check is to compare hash rates between systems over a day or so. Should be consistent.
dafq is goin on
So I had it running today on a 3200. darn, it does no openwrt.
But what I immediately noticed, that the idle time between work was easy noticable (bflsingles led going out for about 100ms to 300 ms. That is a lot actually, as with my athlon x2 250 cpu on ubuntu it is barely the idle time is barely noticable.

I am not into cgminer, but maybe work delivery could be tuned, as it seems like sth is calculated, just the delivery of data should not take much longer on that router. (tuning in meaning: send new already prepared work before checking the result of the work before).

Maybe i have to fire up the 500 mhz celeron laptop, and check the "idle times" there.

I did not let it run for a long time, to see if hashrate is still the same, as i guess it wont be, what idles, (even though not long), does not hash. My guesstimate of hash loss is sth like 5 to 10 %?

Damn, i wanted this to be my solution, love router hacking/openwrt/mesh nets/those little computers Wink

Maybe ask the cgminer guys, what they think of that effect, and if it could be tuned. (asking in irc right now)

legendary
This is not OK.
Activity: 988
Merit: 1000
P_shep,

Will you be releasing an updated version with cgminer 2.7.5?
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
otrw2 should work just fine.
I haven't done it, so I can't give instructions. Let me know how it goes.

yeah otrw2 works. I've used this instructions http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=156013
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Excuse me while I subscribe to this thread ... I have a feeling once I get my hardware in I'm going to want quick acess to this thread.
just need to find a good place, where the noise is not annoying Cheesy
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
why? i run my setup 24/7 for 7 month now; Without casing Cheesy Nothing happened so far Tongue
it takes time to go up to full speed Smiley

I have the same problem with the Rpi.

How stable is the setup?

it runs the whole day today, without problems Smiley but as i said hash rate a bit lower than on my desktop pc.
I have to build a case for the configuration, then it could run 24/7. Until that it only runs ~12 hours a day.

I'm using a noname usb stick with 1GB storage. are there many reading operations to the stick?
Or maybe the usb hub sucks, because it's a cheap hub.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
it takes time to go up to full speed Smiley

I have the same problem with the Rpi.

How stable is the setup?
seems to work nicely.
E3200 + Usb Hub + Ztex Quad + Coolermaster GX 450
runs perfect Smiley

but hash rate is a bit lower than on my pc. only ~ 740mh/s instead of nearly 900.
Any Ideas?
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
whoops. Linux newbie fail  Roll Eyes

seems that i've renamed the bitstream file to bitstreams instead to copy it into a bitstreams folder.

I think this is a mistake or something is missing in your readme:

Copy the bitstreams to      /opt/bin/bitstreams

you have to create the bitstreams folder first an then there is a / after bitstreams missing, i think.

EDIT: OMG! It works! Thank you so much! In the next few days, I try to add some information for ztex boards for your readme.

Excellent, well done!
You're the first known ztex on dd-wrt Smiley

So I'll add an instruction to mkdir first

(but yes, the intention was top copy the files to the directory Wink )

Wow, impressive, I really like this set-up for mining
legendary
This is not OK.

seems that i've renamed the bitstream file to bitstreams instead to copy it into a bitstreams folder.

you have to create the bitstreams folder first an then there is a / after bitstreams missing, i think.

EDIT: OMG! It works! Thank you so much! In the next few days, I try to add some information for ztex boards for your readme.

Excellent, well done!
You're the first known ztex on dd-wrt Smiley

So I'll add an instruction to mkdir first

(but yes, the intention was top copy the files to the directory Wink )

Pages:
Jump to: