Pages:
Author

Topic: CGminer v3.8.5 on Broadcom based DD-WRT / OpenWRT - page 15. (Read 76917 times)

legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198
This is not OK.
Should run comfortably.
'Work', on the other hand...

I don't know if it'll work out of the box, think you'll have to mess around with it.
If you get it working, let me know how, and I'll put the instructions in the readme.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

Thank you for including the ModMiner Quad with this, I have a netgear 3400 running dd-wrt - will it work for this?

I believe it has a broadcom chipset
legendary
This is not OK.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
I tried it, but I got tired of my failing to get it running propably .....
I'm just a noob to this (no clue what im dooing  or did do) ....Sad

Tried switching to a raspberry pi but that think is a" little miss princess" when it comes to USB connections (hubs cables and devices...).

So I'm back to my power hungry Mac mini + windows 7 VM. That runs fine and is really no hassle to configure at all Smiley
legendary
This is not OK.
Don't know about openwrt... lots of people have asked, but no one has said they've done it.

Upped to 2.7.0
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
I got a e3200. What is easier and better, dd-wrt or openwrt?
Activity: 504
I may give it a try when I get my MMQ.
legendary
This is not OK.
All I can tell is it's compiled in with the binary.
No idea if it'll work, or how to get it to work.
Activity: 504
Has anyone tried a Modminer with this? Looks like an ideal low power solution.
legendary
This is not OK.
v2.6.5 finally passed p_shep's certification.
legendary
This is not OK.
not used openwrt, so can't say.
If you have time and want to try it, go ahead. Otherwise go for dd-wrt, as I have the guide for that.
Activity: 63
Hey P_Shep, was wondering if you have a preference between ddwrt and openwrt? I'm highly considering this idea, and I figured I would start off on the "preferred" foot Smiley

Thanks.
legendary
This is not OK.
Perhaps I should spray-paint it all bronze/brass/copper, hide the wires in copper pipes, and add random rivets.

Steam-punk mining.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
(:firstbits => "1mantis")
That is pretty neat. talk about a conversation piece. Kinda like a modern industrial art piece.
legendary
This is not OK.
Great! well done Smiley

1) Cheesy
2) Yep. When I get time I'll look into hotswap stuff. It really shouldn't be TOO difficult. As it is, when you unplug a device and plug it back in it enumerates to a different serial port. Since you start CGMiner with set ports, it'll only look at those, and so will miss the new port created when you plug the device back in.
3) I've had some over heating issues now the really hot weather has kicked in, but my router just reset. The only time I had trouble with the radio stopping was when I used the most recent firmware. Its a shame to used such a cludge like that script, but if it works...

Edit:
2) Thinking about it, scanning the serial ports is very system specific. I would have to cater for other devices too in cgminer.
An easier option may be just to edit the start up script cgminer.sh...
If you move the DEVS='...' line to inside the while loop, then all you need to do is quit cgminer via a api command (as opposed to service restart). Next time around the loop the new serial port will be picked up by the script and used in the cmd line. You can also reduce the sleep time so it comes back up quicker.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
A few things:

(1) I got cgminer working with my BFLs. P_shep, do you want your 10 BTC donation to your pan handling address?
(2) It seems if I disconnect a BFL single (usually on accident), it won't start mining until I do a "#service cgminer stop && service cgminer start". The log file says something about, IIRC, /dev/usb/tty/0 not being readable. Is there a way to make BFL singles hot-swappable?
(3) Every few days my e3000 will disconnect from the wireless and I have to reboot it. Anyone know of a cronjob to restart the wireless every day or so? (EDIT: I think this will work "wl radio off && wl radio on")

EDIT2: Here is a great fix-wifi-if-broken script: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Useful_Scripts#Reset_Wireless_Radio
legendary
This is not OK.
AAaaaaand... it came back to life.

Weird.
legendary
This is not OK.
POOP!

I moved my Asus RT-N16 over to be my host as the e3000 was over heating in the hot weather.
The asus was also occasional resetting (though nowhere near as often) so decided to 'mod' it and ad a fan.
Well somewhere something went wrong and now it's bricked.
My guess is that in removing the existing heatsink I broke some of the BGAs or something.

Very annoying.
Activity: 784
That's why u ll use a USB stick Wink

Just got my raspi pi today and I got it running there. When I find some time I'll try open wrt Smiley
Activity: 57
4mb flash could be a bit too small for open-wrt + ztex files
Pages:
Jump to: